Fishburne Signs On For Another Year Of 'CSI'

CSI Files

Captain
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’s leading man Laurence Fishburne (Dr Ray Langston) extends his contract with the crime drama through the 2010-2011 season. (Season finale spoilers after the jump!) Fishburne signed on to CSI for one-and-a-half seasons midway through season nine. With season ten drawing to a close, the actor has decided to add another year to [...]

More...

Re: Fishburne Signs On For Another Year Of ?CSI?

Looks like he won't fall victim to Dr. Jekyll like fans thought...

Or hoped. ;)

I don't know. For me, knowing he's coming back next season takes away from any drama of a "life or death" cliffhanger. :rolleyes: Once again, I am not invested enough in Ray's character to care that much about what happens to him. This finale seems to hold about as much promise as last season's, which wasn't much.

Re: Fishburne Signs On For Another Year Of ?CSI?

I don't know. For me, knowing he's coming back next season takes away from any drama of a "life or death" cliffhanger. :rolleyes: Once again, I am not invested enough in Ray's character to care that much about what happens to him. This finale seems to hold about as much promise as last season's, which wasn't much.

I haven't really enjoyed a season finale since Grave Danger. Last season I have yet to actually watch all of (stopped when Nick left)! :(

:shifty: While I think they're just using this as a way to put things out about the season finale ... Why is it that the last time George signed he told us during an interview while in Monaco and only his fans picked up on it. I think Marg & Eric were pretty much the same way (not sure tho). Maybe they're just trying to create drama by not telling us about the long standing actors on the show! :shifty: :(

Susan

I don't know, but I'm pretty close to saying goodbye to this show! I'm sick of the mind games tptb play with the viewers. Just tell us one way or another if our favorites (ie the ORIGINAL cast members) are returning! I haven't watched the last two episodes. I will probably skip "Irradiator" altogether. I'll probably eventually watch "Field Mice", but I'm not entirely sure as I'm not sure I can stomach the puking scene. :lol:

I'm neutral about this. I'm expecting him to leave the show if he knew most fans weren't absorbing his character. Aren't actors supposed to have people monitoring about his/her reception from the fans or something like that? Or if LF doesn't have any, is he curious how long time CSI fans react about his character? If I was LF and saw that CSI fans were leaving the show and many dislike my character, I would definitely leave the show. Anyway, I don't have any evidence if he really is the reason why people are leaving the show. I'm just speculating. :)

However, I think he's a great addition to the cast. I like how the writers fit LF into a unique character Ray. Of course, he's not Grissom-like but he's different. I'm just disappointed how the writers are giving the long time CSI fans a Ray-load of episodes, making the original characters as support.

Last edited:
weehee.gif
I'm so thrilled and so stoked, I think he's brought a new "quiet power" to CSI, his overwhelming cool, gentle, deameanor but his mystery is fascinating and that he keeps to himself is intriguing as well, He makes the episodes exhilarating and so compelling. I was scared that he'd leave and go back to the big screen. So, the writers love him, the team loves him and apparently the fans love him too. This totally made my day:bolian:

Last edited:
I sort of like Ray but it takes away the excitement of the finale.Now I know nothing major will happen.

Back