Fishburne: He's A Really Marvelous Character

CSI Files

Captain
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’s leading man Laurence Fishburne (Dr Ray Langston) is currently taking the stage in Washington, DC to portray Chief Justice Thurgood Marshall in the one-man play Thurgood. As CSI Files previously reported, Marshall was the first African-American individual to serve on the Supreme Court of the United States, and he played a vital [...]

More...

This actor can play anything or anybody, he's so multi-talented, he's played a teacher, brutal husband, gang leader in the 30's "Bumpy" Johnson in the movie "Hoodlum" a doctor, police officer Othello, a dad, a biker a CIA operative, plus others listed below. He sings, dances and plays the guitar. He's been nominated for an Oscar won a Tony, Emmy, plus many other awards, an now we've got him on CSI:bolian:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurence_Fishburne

Last edited:
Agreed. All the Langston detractors can go suck it.

I'm pretty sure that for many of the Langston detractors the problem is not with LF's acting ability, but more so with the insistence on the writers of putting him front and centre for so many of the episodes. Yes, LF is a great actor, but he's not the only one on the show, and for many of the viewers, we've been watching the other actors/characters for up to 10 years and have (understandably) grown just a bit attached to them. So when we see a newbie show up and take all the screen time, well, it's understandable that there's a bit of frustration. I know that I felt it extremely unfair that the milestone of the 200th episode (Mascara) focused pretty near entirely on a character who was only in his 10th episode.

Yes, I get it, LF is a good actor and probably being paid a tonne of money so why not get your money's worth, but I just feel like it was a slap in the face to the fans of the *other* characters to put Langston front and centre in so many episodes.

Now it does look like TPTB remembered near the end of S10 that Langston was in fact part of a team, and if they can keep that up for S11 I'll be happy. But I've spent 10 seasons enjoying CSI, not the 'Ray Langston show'

LF as Dr. Langston replaced WP as Grissom, and he also was front and center. I think the writers have bent over backwards to have all the 'older characters' who've been on since the onset in the episodes as much as they can. I see them in every episode with Laurence/Langston, and every one has their share of screentime equal to his. And on being a 'newbie; he's been on since S/9, and we're going into season 11, so he's hardly new anymore.:rolleyes: I find absoutely NO fault with him as this stunning character, and am thrilled he accepted this compelling role, as this fascinating character on this fabulous show~

Tomorrow is Laurence Fishburne's last night doing his play about Thurgood Marshall. Aug. 8. A celebration is happening, their throwing him a champagne party and everyone is invited. So he'll be free to be back on the CSI set and get involved in the filming:thumbsup:

http://www.geffenplayhouse.com/thurgood

Back