First Detailed Spoilers For 'Rio' Revealed

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jul 11, 2006.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

The 5th season premiere of CSI: Miami is taking Horatio Caine to Rio de Janeiro to find the man responsible for his wife's death.

According to CSI Files sources, "Rio" starts where "One Of Our Own" left off. Horatio arrives in Rio de Janeiro determined to find Antonio Riaz, the man responsible for Marisol's death. This isn't easy for Horatio, however, both emotionally and technically: Horatio can't stop seeing images of Marisol wherever he goes, and the Brazilian authorities aren't cooperative. Riaz has been detained in Brazil, but Brazilian law requires an extensive list of witnesses and their contact information in order to prosecute. Delko is furious, claiming the information was sent to Brazil weeks before, but because eye witnesses were affiliated to the Mala Noche, and those men ended up under witness protection program, their names were omitted and the information null. Riaz is set free.

This doesn't stop Delko and Horatio, however. The two men are determined to see Riaz behind bars. They find Riaz is as elusive in Brazil as he was in Miami and just as deviant, as Riaz is also involved in the drug world in this country. Delko and Horatio may be able to operate under the radar in Miami, but in Brazil they're walking targets, and though incarcerating Riaz is their main goal, they soon find Riaz might be a guppy compared to the sharks he works for.

While in Brazil, Horatio visits his sister-in-law Yelina to learn his brother Raymond has been missing. Ray Jr., now 14 years old, has joined the local law enforcement to find his father, and he's determined to do whatever it takes, even if it means infiltrating into the underbelly of Rio and putting his life at risk to bring his father home safely. Horatio tries to dissuade Ray Jr., but the young boy knows things don't work in Rio the way they do in the United States. Ray sets out to find his father, not knowing that Raymond has already met his fate. Horatio now has to find Ray Jr. before his nephew ends up dead trying to bring back a ghost.

Meanwhile, back in Miami, Calleigh is in charge of the lab while Wolfe works on the first case of the season. Hilary Silvers has been found in her home, beaten to death. Her husband, Carl Silvers, stands by, and he claims she was dead when he came home. Further evidence, however, indicates Carl was lying – there is blood spatter on his shirt, which means he was standing by while Hilary chocked on her own blood. Carl now admits she was alive when he came home, and he tried to do CPR, but it was too late. The fact that the couple was getting a divorce doesn't make Carl look good, either. Is it a case of spousal abuse or was Hilary killed by someone else?

Things aren't easy for Natalia Boa Vista during "Rio." The episode will introduce the character into the field, where she's under the tutelage of Ryan Wolfe. But Wolfe doesn't trust Natalia after she betrayed the lab, and he's not shy of bringing up her treachery, either, much to her dismay. But Natalia is determined to redeem herself to the lab. Her first case, however, doesn't go smoothly. Natalia continues to let her emotions get in the way, so much so that they end up clouding her judgment and costing an innocent man his life. With the entire lab against her and her abilities as a CSI so poor, it might not be such a good year for Boa Vista.

Please note that the above plot details have not been confirmed by CBS, Alliance Atlantis or Bruckheimer Films, and until such time you should treat this information as you would any other rumour. The above information comes from early script drafts and the details of the episodes are liable to change before the episodes are shown.

"Rio" is expected to air in late September of 2006.<center></center>

2. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

I can't believe they're putting Natalia in the field. Oh yeah, that makes sense, she betrayed the lab and leaked important information out: let's put her in a position where she can screw us again even harder.

Stupid, stupid, stupid, STUPID woman.

3. CAINEonFIRE

CAINEonFIRE Witness

The direction that the producers are sending CSI: Miami in makes me love CSI: Las Vegas even more.

4. midnight_tiptoes

The direction that the producers are sending CSI: Miami in makes me love Maury even more.

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Um okay let me get this straight. They 'kill Ray' just before season 1, and then for three freakin' seasons we have to hear about how Ray died. Then in season 3 we learn Ray's not dead. Yay we're all happy case solved, they live happily ever after. Season 5, Ray gets kidnapped and then..Dies. So seasons 1 through 3 have been a big waste of time. Alright, okay I was just making sure I got that right.

And again they've screwed with Horatio's character. Can we not see him get mad for once? Just once is all I ask.

And Wolfe bringing Natalia in the field? He's not exactly the most experienced CSI out there as it is. :rolleyes: And gee what an original plot. *dry voice* I can't wait to see who beat the soon-to-be ex wife of the guy with the blood spatter all over him.

I'll uh...I'll just watch Barney instead.

6. CAINEonFIRE

CAINEonFIRE Witness

Makes me wish that Valera would become a full time character on the show. How I would love to see Valera on the field with the team...

7. midnight_tiptoes

I agree. Valera has much more potential than Natalia, and everybody loves Valera. She's funny, too, and this show desperately needs some humor. Valera is the key, y'all. He's the answer.

This episode sounds funny. This, by the way, is not an exaggeration:

He keeps getting visions of Marisol dressed in white (since she married Ho, she's a virgin, you see), wherever he goes. This show is so tacky. It makes Baywatch look Shakespearean.

8. Finch

^ :lol:

So Horatio's hallucinating. Maybe the Mala Noche slipped something into his coffee.

But hey since Ray has kicked it, Horatio and Yelina have a chance again. Gee how will she react to knowing that Ray's actually dead this time? Maybe she'll take it out on Horatio and blow him away with a bazooka.

9. SecretSophie

SecretSophie Hit and Run

Bwah, that would be awesome. :devil:

Also, I'm done with this show. I mean it. I'm sticking to NY from now on.

10. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Hmm....can't quite figure out why they're killing Raymond off again so soon, if indeed that is what is being implied here. I was looking forward to some brotherly bonding (or not) between the Caine bros.

11. Sandle_Luver

Sandle_Luver Witness

Are you kidding me? What drugs are the writers doing!?

12. Finch

I'm just trying to understand why they would be killing of Ray again. It just kind of seems like a slap in the face for the fans who have been watching the show since it began, and the entire storyline of Ray was for nothing if they're going to write him off. There will still be so many unanswered questions.

The fact that Ray Jr. has joined the police in search for his [late] father, seems a little unrealistic. I'm assuming he is killed by the Mala Noche gang, yet Horatio and Delko are having no luck with the police in Brazil. How does Ray Jr. expect to find out what happened if the Brazilian police aren't too keen on looking for Mala Noche gang members? There are already holes in this plot and the episode hasn't even aired.

13. midnight_tiptoes

Silly speed_cochrane. Are you trying to make sense of this plot? Have you learned nothing in the many years you've been a fan of this show?

Just sit there and enjoy the pretty scenery, honey. If you try to find intelligent thought on CSI: Miami, blood will start shooting out of your eyes.

14. Finch

:lol: Oh no my poor eyes. We don't want that do we? That's okay the bright sets are making my eyes bleed anyway. :p

And I guess it wouldn't be too practical to start trying to make sense of the plot, because when was the last time a Miami plot made any sense? *sigh* I'll just look at the pretty trees and hope for the best. ;)

15. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

*sigh* I don't even know why I bother with this show anymore...
    Natalia becoming a CSI and then completely screwing up. Well, she did betray the lab, so lets give her even more responsibility and she how much she can screw us over this year! :rolleyes:

And I don't know why they would kill Ray off already...I was looking forward to the return of Dean Winters. *sigh*

This whole storyline is ridiculous. Wow, Horatio is hellbent on Finding the man who killed his wife of 3 minutes and he's seeing her wherever he goes. Do TPTB know how much that cheapens Speed's death? He was Horatio's friend, and he'd known Speed a hell of a lot longer than Aerosol, but after 'Lost Son' it was mentioned once or twice, but oh no, lets give Aerosol 4 epsiodes and a new continent :rolleyes:

Whatever, nothing TPTB can do will surprise me anymore...except some decent storylines without soap bubbles, wouldn't that be uncharacteristic for the show :rolleyes:
    [/rant]

Well, at least the scenery is pretty...