Find Out More About The New 'CSI' Tech

CSI Files

Captain
CSI Files previously reported that CSI: Crime Scene Investigation would be adding a new lab tech during season eleven. You can find out more about the character after the jump!The new bomb expert will be named Kacey Monohan. She’s in her 20s, and she has been blowing stuff up since she was a kid—earning her [...]

More...

20s. Hmm. Why am I not surprised? Apart from Ashton Kutcher, apparently no one in Hollywood sees the value (or even the attractiveness) of actresses over a certain ager. CBS not only dumps Liz Vassey and Julia Louis Dreyfus, but it just occured to me that they dropped Ghost Whisperer (which was not a good show, but got respectable ratings, so I'll look at it from that perspective for the sake of argument) within about a month of it's star turning 30. And who's the new girl on CSI gonna be? Someone in their 20s! A frakking kid basically, probably only just out of college. And they want a romance with Nick to happen? Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but hasn't Nick generally, when he has shown interest, shown interest in women much closer to his own age, or maybe even a bit older?

I'm not sure it'll be a love interest for Nick. I think it's just gonna be that she may be the newbie and he as assistant supervisor is going to be mentoring her. Its possible she may develop a crush on him, but hopefully it'll be more like Greg's crush on Sara and will never be reciprocated. And if the majority of fans do not like this girl, she'll probably go the way of the new female tech on this past season of NY.

To answer your question, Nick's interests have seemed to be closer to his age. Kristy was probably around the same age as Nick when they were together. And there was that unaired scene in the pilot where Nick was with Catherine.

It says absolutely nothing in any of the press about the new tech that she will be a "love interest" for Nick. Why do people keep saying that? :wtf: I know last year there was a spoiler that there might be one for him, but this bit of information here has never said anything like that.

It says absolutely nothing in any of the press about the new tech that she will be a "love interest" for Nick. Why do people keep saying that? :wtf: I know last year there was a spoiler that there might be one for him, but this bit of information here has never said anything like that.

I think people tend to assume (I know I'm guilty of this) that when they say two characters (of the opposite sex, this is CBS we're talking about) are going to be linked or spending a lot of time together that TPTB is thinking in that direction. It's speculation and that's all.

Yeah, TVGuide and places like that seem to be wording things to imply that they'll ~spend time together *wink wink*, although I've tried to be more vague than that in case people are just making assumptions. I guess we'll see this fall. :)

(Though to be fair, any time they add a hot young thang to the cast of one of these shows, it's a pretty safe bet somebody will be flirting with them, particularly if it's a young woman.)

(Though to be fair, any time they add a hot young thang to the cast of one of these shows, it's a pretty safe bet somebody will be flirting with them, particularly if it's a young woman.)

Right, but I would please...for the love of God...hope that TPTB wouldn't turn Nick into someone like that.

To be fair to TPTB the "young smokin-hot explosives expert" doesn't have quotes around it so it's most likely the TV Guide writer(s) who put it that way. We can't even be sure of what TPTB (who are all probably older than George) consider young (let alone smokin-hot). :lol:

What is the status of George Eads' return for Season 11 on CSI? — Cyndy
ADAM: Unfortunately, there's still nothing official to report, a CBS rep tells us. But if he does come back, he'll be spending plenty of time with the show's replacement for the departing Liz Vassey. Described as a young, smokin'-hot explosive expert, the new CSI tech learned the biz from her dad, a big-time pyrotechnics guy.

Susan

Kacey Monohan is going to be smokin' hot. The actress is closer to Ead's age than what is reported and she has been in featured films. For fun I am only going to give one hint: She guest starred on Criminal Minds in 2 episodes with an explosive cliffhanger.

I've know this since Friday and hope someone else would have picked up on it.

Last edited:
Back