Federman Reveals Details About Calleigh's Wardrobe

CSI Files

Captain
CSI: Miami’s costume designer Andrea Federman offered some behind-the-scenes information about the wardrobe for Calleigh Duquesne (Emily Procter).Federman tends to dress Calleigh in high-end Italian and French designer labels on Miami, including suits from Gucci and Dolce & Gabbana. She also wears shoes by YSL and Dior, and the costume designer opts for shoes [...]

More...

“[R]eal crime investigators do not wear skirts. They wear pants,” the designer added. For that reason, Calleigh wears pants"
Just this part of the interview is hilarious :guffaw::guffaw:....thank god he explained it :guffaw:

Seriously, Calleigh's outfit is something that no one should ever take into consideration for a character who is supposed to play a CSI in Miami...not that the other women on the show are or, better say, were better but at least they had the decency to wear something else than black suits :lol:

Did it ever occoured to TPTB that black suits are a little bit too elegant for a CSI who is supposed to work on bloody crime scenes??? LOL

“[R]eal crime investigators do not wear skirts. They wear pants,” the designer added.
I'm pretty sure they don't wear Gucci or Dolce &Gabbana to a crime scene either.

No kidding. :wtf: I don't expect them to wear rags, but sometimes it's a bit overboard. Some of the outfits Calleigh wore in the early seasons were downright ugly, but at least they were more realistic.

“[R]eal crime investigators do not wear skirts. They wear pants,” the designer added. For that reason, Calleigh wears pants"
Just this part of the interview is hilarious :guffaw::guffaw:....thank god he explained it :guffaw:
It doesn't help that I was like, 'For that reason, Calleigh wears pants.' That sounds so dorky. :lol: What can I say, it was late, and I couldn't think of a non-dorky way to say it. :p

But yeah, I had to chuckle at some of the comments. Real crime scene investigators would be wearing a coverall thing, wouldn't they? They certainly wouldn't be wearing a white designer suit and stiletto heels at the beach with their long hair flying free. :lol:

Some of the outfits Calleigh wore in the early seasons were downright ugly, but at least they were more realistic.
Man.....Calleigh's outfit from the last season was simply disgusting :lol:. At least Natalia wore something really cool during the few episodes she was actually in ;)

“[R]eal crime investigators do not wear skirts. They wear pants,” the designer added.
I'm pretty sure they don't wear Gucci or Dolce &Gabbana to a crime scene either.

No kidding. :wtf: I don't expect them to wear rags, but sometimes it's a bit overboard. Some of the outfits Calleigh wore in the early seasons were downright ugly, but at least they were more realistic.

Agreed :thumbsup: I know it's fictional television, but c'mon a lot of the clothes are really too much, they need to keep it a little more realistic when it comes to clothing, I know the actors and actresses don't get to pick what they wear, I don't blame them

I was laughing... who wears Dolce & Gabbana to a crime scene???... got to love TV. :guffaw:
Thank you for saying this :lol:

I love how these people get all proud of what they do (I still remember of the inteview of a woman who was the same who used to dress the actors of "Will&Grace" and she was interviewed for her job on CSI:Miami...she practically told the same things..only she did it for every character &, oh yes, she didn't mention anything about Calleigh's pants :wtf::lol:).....too bad that this isn't the way the wardrobe people should work. If I were them, I wouldn't be so proud during these interviews...'cause, doing so, they only rib themselves and it's not that nice :lol:

EDIT: I just noticed that being this person a woman, she might be the same one I was mentioning in my post.....oh well this time she wanted to emphasize how Calleigh wears pants in order to be realistic :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
What gets me is that all the ladies where high heels LOL. And that one time Natalia had on white pants... and they looked like really nice pants too... not a pair someone would want to get dirty. I don't understand the wardrobe people and their odd ideas for a CSI's clothes.

Once again soooo much consideration into colourscemes and there is a man/female criteria in play too - no wonder they do not have time for storyline and character continuet(sp?).:devil:

Back