• Resurrection

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Out of Time

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

neworder

Victim
What is your favourite Season opener?

For me it's Lost Son that starts Season 3, great episode with a good story and some nice real Miami shots. Also poor Speedle is shot, adding some real emotion to the episode.
A close second would be Blood brothers that Starts Season 2, great episode that introduces Clavo Cruz, one of Horatio's best enemies.

Rio is decent and Dangerous Son also, and The Golden parachute was good.

I found From the Grave reasonably boring and the bits with Horatio in the church just didn't fit for me. Resurrection is probably the worst, it's a bit of a messy episode IMO, rushed and not as exciting as it should be since Horatio was supposed to be dead.

I'm yet to see Out of Time but it'll be on the poll.

So cast your vote people! Mine is for Lost Son as the best Season opener!

I think it's gotta be either From the Grave or Rio for me only because they were quite intense openers & pretty impressive too.

Resurrection was alright but it's not first on my list & neither is Dangerous Son. But nonetheless they were not bad at all.

Actually, quite frankly CSI:Miami hasn't done bad whenever it came to season openers, the producers know exactly what kinda goods we fall for & they always make sure we get that when we get ready to watch the show in the fall.

My thumbsup to all of the season openers! :thumbsup:

I voted 'Blood Brothers' from season 2, though 'Out of Time' came in a close second for me.

I guess I just loved the overall vibe of that premiere -- it was fresh and kept up the team comraderie from the first season. It also seemed a lot more stylish compared to the previous season with a mature feel.

Also, introducing Clavo as anything but cardboard cut-out and throwing the team into international issues was a smart way, I felt, to draw the audience back in to the city and push a relevant theme. They managed to do it without making it seem comical and over-the-top. Some may prefer that but I liked that the show still felt relatively humble here. ;)

Last edited:
Rio. It has to be Rio.

It's one of my favourite episodes and it has Horatio/Yelina moments :adore:

Lost Son was good too. But I saw it after I knew Speedle died, so when Speedle says 'I've got time.", it made it so much worse :(

There hasn't been a bad season opener. I came late to CSI M, so knew all the backstories before I saw most episodes. Blood Brothers, Lost Son and Rio stand out. From The Grave stayed with me the longest, still triggers the emotions when I see it, although Lost Son falls into that same category. Lesly Gore's music heightened the closing scenes of From The Grave. Rio's opening scenes were spectacular, as was the finality of Ray and Riaz. Blood Brothers introduced Horatio's alltime best nemesis, Clavo Cruz. Tough to choose, but I settled on From The Grave.

I really disliked Rio when I first saw it, although ive seen it since and I didnt mind it as much. Out of Time was ok, and different Resurrection was ok. Lost Son is too depressing! For me it is between From the Grave and Blood Brothers, and I think im going to go with Blood Brothers. Horatio was great in that episode, and Clavo Cruz is a great baddie. The team worked really well together.

Back