Favourite Place In The World

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by sandersidle, Aug 24, 2006.

1. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

hey all. I did a search and I didn't find any topic about this so I decided to make one :)

I love Cancun Mexico, I love it more then any other place :D Anddd I love Las Vegas soo much too :) how about you guys??

2. _Calleigh_

_Calleigh_ Coroner

Mine is definitely Dublin. My heart is there and there I met one of the most important people of my life. Dublin is my first love and I have never loved any city like I love it. It's my heaven.

3. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Hmmm...where can I start :lol:? Seriously though my favourite place in the entire world is Halkida, which is located in central Greece. My thia(aunt) joked that it's in the blood to like it :lol:. When I was there I got to drive on the bridge that was built specifically for the Olympics and it's simply stunning at nighttime. When you walk there during the day you feel like you're in a European Hawaii with all the palm trees & beaches right by your feet. However, to get a real feel of Halkida you must have your dinner right by the water. Everything from the salad to the octopus is fresh and I got to eat close by the bridge. The shopping there is extremely underrated to what they have in Athens, which is more for tourists. Plus, if you ever want to be by a body of water that should never been a problem. My mom's relatives live a 30 second walk from the beach & it's lovely since it's so secluded. If I had the cash I'd be on a plane right now, going to Halkida. I miss it so much. My head may be here in Vancouver BC but my heart lives there.

HM:

Spetses
    Loutraki
    Porto Heli
    Santorini

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Haven't seen the whole world so can't answer this- :( I've been to 28 of the 50 states, and Canada and Mexico- would love to see London and Rome and Paris- and many other countres- so far haven;t been to these places- my city if pretty exciting- everyones always happy here "VIVA LAS VEGAS" many tourists-- from everywhere ;)

So far my most favorite place would be Yosemite National Park-in No. California-- breathaking- :eek: waterfalls galore- rock formations that are unbeliveable and a rushing river flowing though the valley floor- love it ;)I think its the most beautiful place I've ever seen

5. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Because I am only 18 and not rich I have also not been many places. But out of all the places I've been too my favorite place would be like LA. Yes, many people do think I'm insane, but I love big cities...I don't really know why...I just do :p.

6. YouandMe1105

YouandMe1105 Lab Technician

New York. :D No place like home.

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I like Oregon, but most favorite place

Hawaii, we have been to Maui, the big Island and Kauai
    I should post on the seashore thread also just about the beaches in Hawaii
    if anyone has the chance...GO, it's beautiful :)

8. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

ohhh i love Hawaii too!

desertwind, you are sooo lucky you live in Vegas. Seriously i went there for 4 days this summer and i miss it everyday!! i love it soo much! the engery in that place is amazing! :D

9. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

I have three words:

Gleann Cholm Cille

Visit the beautiful village during the summer and you'll understand why. It's paradise on earth :)

10. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

My favorite place in the world - my home. Just me, by myself, doing whatever I please - whether it be on the computer, listening/playing/writing music, watching tv, sleeping, cooking, doing laundry or other household chores - that's where I'm the happiest.

Out of the places I've travelled - Hawaii was good, but I'd take Nashville in a heartbeat!

11. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^Would be my words exactly. My grandma used to say when we went on vacation "Why you need to leave home. It's so great to be just at home, it's a safe place"

Out in the world... have travelled only in a few countries and my fave city is a Finnish city called Kuopio.

12. ShuriyuCSI

ShuriyuCSI Judge

Veredero, Cuba ^_____^

But.. Nothing quite amounts to Nanaimo (where I live). It's home.

13. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Well I've not been everywhere in the world, in fact I've only seen a very, very small amount of the world. :lol:

No place like home Toto!

14. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Amsterdam, I love that city. All the cultures living there, people from Turkey, from the Dutch Antilles, from Morocco, from Holland and stuff, I just love that city. The canals are so cute.

Second is London. I love the city, not only because of the shops, but also because the people are so nice there.

15. cindy

cindy Hit and Run

my favorite place in the world?my home,lying on my bed,watching csi or house,that's great.