Favorite Writers

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by CSI_Natalia, Feb 15, 2010.

1. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

I was curious, and bored, and needing a CSI miami fix, and decided to see if there was a trend in my favorite episodes, and while this is just an analyses based on color coded highlighting :lol: I discovered some preliminary findings.

My favorite episodes have mostly these writers in common

Elizabeth Devine
    Ildy Modrocich
    Marc Dube
    Krystal Houghton

One or more of them wrote most of my favorite episodes, and for the most part didn't partake in an episode that wasn't on my top notch list. :thumbsup:

Just thought it interesting to see if/why I liked certain episodes more than others.

2. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Lurrrrrv Krystal Houghton, I miss Corey Miller, Marc is good, and the one that wrote In The Wind.

These people have blown my mind away.

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

My favourite writers have to be Steve Maeda ('Golden Parachute', 'Wannabe', 'Bait', 'Death Grip', 'Grand Prix' 'Innocent' etc.), Shane Brennan ('Not Landing', 'The Best Defense', 'Slow Burn') and Corey Miller.

All three have written some of my favourite episodes of all time and were consistent each time with continuity, character development and an all-around good story. I miss all three very much and they represent to me, the CSI:Miami of old. *sigh*

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Krystal Houghton wrote Curse of the Coffin,one of my favorite episodes.
    However,she now doesn't appear to know Ryan's character and I think she needs a refresher course.She has irritated me more than once lately.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  5. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Krystal Houghton is my fav.:thumbsup:

I read in an interview that Marc and ? created the Ryan character which leads me to think some writers might be "in charge" of certain characters. But it is just me guessing from that interview.

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I don't know about the writers being in charge of certain characters. Marc did have some input initally into Ryan's character,but there has been no follow through with the development. As far as I can see there is no one in charge of the characters,or they do an incredibly bad job.Krystal sometimes does a great job,she as well as one or two others have also been the ones that make Ryan look like an ass at times, questioning his loyalty etc. They need to come up with something new(and wonderful) for him.Rather than wonder if certain writers are in charge of characters,I wonder if certain writers dislike certain characters.I also think they also prefer certain characters,and write better for them.They have shown their bias quite a bit the last few seasons.

7. CSI_Natalia

This is something I have thought about as well... and I think part of the reason I decided to start paying closer attention when I watch reruns and/or new episodes. I have begun jotting down just a few facts as I watch...nothing too much.. Just like who was centric in the episode...only things that immediately stand out in my mind... which is when I came to the conclusion of my favorite writers. .. more on this in the Character Development thread...funny how the two threads are overlapping...

8. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

I'm a fan of Marc D but what he said about Kyle really upset me. I'm still licking my wounds over that, in spite of Kyle's "return."
    I really miss Miller. :(

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Corey Miller was the other writer, and yes, he's definitely missed! Corey's episodes were among my favorites--like "Nailed" and "Recoil."

I'd have to go back and look over some of my other favorite episodes to figure out my other favorite writers. Just glancing over the eps I liked, it looks like there would be quite a few on the list!

10. CSI_Natalia

What did he say about Kyle?

11. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

He said that we could "imagine that Kyle is in the night shift"
    He created a wonderful character and then lets him disappear out of thin air, and says that if we want Kyle back we can imagine that he's there?!?
    Not Cool.

12. CSI_Natalia

What an odd thing for a writer to say.

13. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

Yes.
    And a stupid thing for a producer to say.
    Is he seriously trying to alienate fans?