Favorite CSI Actors

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by AmandaSzmanda, Jun 12, 2006.

1. AmandaSzmanda

AmandaSzmanda CSI Level Two

We have voted in numerous polls about which CSI character is our favorite, but how about actors?

You may like a character, but does this actor(ess) act better, or does he/she show emotions better? Maybe they just are better at playing their character.

The difference:
    I hate the character of Horatio on Miami, but I have to give it to Cuarso, that he is good at acting him. Cuarso makes it harder to hate Horatio, because of his good acting skills.

Other Point
    I love Flack, but do I think Eddie could do a better job at acting, sure.

See there is a difference and I think that it is time to show our actor(ess) that they can be our favorites, despite not being our favorite character.

(I would add a poll if I had more time, but I don't)
    You may pick one from each version (LV, Miami, NY)

2. iluvroadrunner

iluvroadrunner Pathologist

LV-George Eades. Grave Danger was phenomenal on his part.

Miami-...no one? i liked adam rodriguez's performance in the last two epps. of the season,(cuz when his character's pissed off he's a better actor) but generally, everyone on that show is pretty mediocre. in my opinion.

NY-Carmine Giovanazzo. the end moments of Run Silent Run Deep blew me away.

3. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Interesting point, AmandaSzmanda.

Grissom: He's not my fave character on CSI, but I do think Peterson has done a bang-up job of portraying him - especially considering many of his movie roles prior to Grissom have been semi-bad guy, or a womanizing drunk. Grissom is probably going to go down in history as Peterson's defining role.
    Sara: Most Definitely Not my fave character, but Jorja Fox knocks it out of the park, performance-wise.

Horatio: He took a loooooong time to grow on me. I like him now, but even when I didn't, I always thought Caruso did a good job of it. He is Horatio, couldn't imagine anyone else in the role, whereas with some of the other characters, I think many other actors/actresses could step in and do just as good a job. Horatio is supposed to have his definite quirks, and Caruso nails those quirks, whether you like the character or not (IMO).

Danny: Carmine nails him perfect. Every time. Fantastic job, incredibly believable. I never catch him "acting".
    Mac: How Do I Love Thee, Let Me Count the Ways... LOL. Seriously, Gary has played so many slightly sinister or all-out bad guys in his movie roles, and he has done it so incredibly well, that it's interesting to see him as an all-out good guy. I love that he has the occasional burst of temper, it makes him so realistic. But I would love to see Gary Sinise's real-life humor (and he has tons of it) show through more often in Mac. That said, he ROCKS as the all-out, stoic good guy. Love him.
    Lindsay: I said this in another thread, and I'll say it here. I don't mind the character at all, but I'm on the fence re: Anna Belknap's delivery, sometimes. She had some pretty big shoes to fill, she stepped into the role of a pretty popular character, so she was immediately up against some built-in prejudice, which might have made it more difficult for her to "gel" in her role, or with the rest of the cast. She seemed to feel more comfortable with the role at the end, and I'm sure we'll see her "wear" Lindsay more comfortably and naturally in S3.

4. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

for me I like Marg Helgenberger she's a phenomanal Actress (i've seen alot of her other work) But I dont neccasarily like Catherine
    and of course I like George Eads and Jorja Fox but then again I love thier characters as well

5. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Favorite actors?

Jorja Fox-- First of all, I just love her to death anyways x3 But there's so much more to my reasons for loving her, I assure you! ;)

She's just a great actress. Seeing CSI: for the first time, to be truthful, she wasn't my favorite. Marg was. But as I watched it she grew on me. She has so much passion for her job and it really shows in everything she does. I picked up Memento just because she was in it (which is a fabulous movie, btw ;)), and she was only in it for about...15 minutes, tops. But what a 15 minutes that was...seriously, you can tell she put dedication into her part. And she played the dead person!

She plays strong female characters, and she has a lot to give to the society, being a PETA member, vegetarian, and fighting for gay rights, etc.

Marg Helgenberger-- Where to start! MH actually reminds me a lot of my mother (NOT an insult, thank you very much!). I saw her story on Lifetime one time, and I just fell in love with her. :p She's not only an outstanding actress, she's a mother and she promotes a lot of important things (ie breast cancer awareness).

When I first saw CSI:, it was like Marg was Catherine Willows. It was like Catherine Willows was a real person, Marg portrays her so well... *sigh*

Emily Proctor-- Ah! Ms. Emily, where to start... she's absolutely adorable, and she's a great actress. Great sense of humor, smart... *sigh* I love to gush about my Emily love :lol:

She plays Calleigh brilliantly! Her character's personality I find similar to Sara Sidle's...and Jorja and Emily are both brilliant actresses. They both have this quirkiness and they're both incredibly intelligent. What's not to like? :p

6. IlovemySNICKERS

IlovemySNICKERS CSI Level One

Jorja Fox- She is a phenomenal actress. She plays the character of Sara so well, almost where you BELIEVE that she is Sara. Her emotions and acting never seem fake, they seem real, and that allows you to understand the character better. I also like how she plays such strong, independent women.

George Eads- Playing Nick would be hard to do, since Nick has been through sooo much. But yet, George seems to do it so gracefully and with such emotion. He really nails the part. Absolutely perfect. I swear that in 'Grave Danger' he had me crying, because it looked like HE was in such pain.

Emily Procter- Aww....she is also an amazing actress. She really allows the character of Calleigh to shine. She also shows such great emotion in playing her character, and has such a great sense of humor.

7. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

Amen, sister! Ahh, SiniseTer love :D But don't get me started on Gary. I'm liable to fill my post with everything I love about him. Heh.

That being said, I like George Eads. Well, at least in the LV seasons I did watch. It's like it's his second skin or something coz I honestly can't see anyone else playing Stokes.

David Caruso, although annoying in the few films/a handful (ok, four) CSI eps I've seen, is very effective. Makes me react strongly, you know? Like throw things at the TV (or big screen) :lol: Still, he's fun to watch.

8. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Even before CSI:NY, one of my favorite actors is Gary Sinise. So that's a given. And oh, another one... I'm such a Power Rangers fan so... Archie Kao. He's the best Blue Ranger of all that I have seen.

So since CSI (any of them) started, Carmine Giovinazzo is growing on me. He's capable of showing emotion without words, just by his actions. And oh that accent is murder lol!

Carmine = Danny. That's it! I can't think of any other actor to play Danny Messer.

9. _Calleigh_

_Calleigh_ Coroner

#1 Jorja Fox. She's stunning and since I'm an angst addict I can particularly appreciate her CSI performances. In Nesting Dolls she was absolutely amazing and I just love the way she can transmit emotions not only through her voice but also through her body language... Her eye expressions are always very intense and communicative. She's definitely the best.

#2 George Eads. I didn't find him particularly good until Grave Danger, and that was because he hadn't had the chance to show his skills before, but I must admit he proved a great actor.

#3 Emily Procter. I didn't use to like her at first, cause I didn't like her italian voice, but then I started watching the episodes in english and I was literally stunned by her: she has a great personality and I really like the way she adapts it to Calleigh. Besides her voice is damn cute and her accent is just so... *sigh*.

10. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Just the way that they potray their character on csi...

LV: Paul Guilfoyle
    MIA: David Caruso
    NY: Ediie Cahill

11. minui

minui Civilian

I'd go with Eric Szmanda, because I think he portrays lil whirlwind Greggo just perfectly... but then again I think that they, at least in Vegas, chose quite a great cast anyway.

12. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I have a few favourite actors in CSI NY, I personally think the cast is fantastic. First of all Gary Sinise, which will probably come as no shock as he is a very experienced actor and really does a great job portraying Mac Taylor. Also Carmine Giovinazzo. Danny has had some great story lines in CSI NY and Carmine really does do quite a spectacular job as Danny, I think Carmine is a very talented actor (looks aside :lol:). Also I have get Hill Harper and Eddie Cahill in there too, both are also just amazing actors. :D

CSI Miami I'll have to go with David Caruso. ;) I also really rate Jonathan Togo.

CSI LV I'll have to say George Eads and Marg Helgenberger. Nick has had some really tuff episodes and George Eads really does a great job with it. :D

13. mugs

mugs Witness

my favourite has got to be Marg Helgenberger. cath is brillent the all the actors in all the CSI's

14. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

Jorja Fox! ! She is my favorite actress. I dont think no one could of play Sara Sidle as good as she does. I mean have you seen her performance in "Nesting Dolls"? She deserves an emmy. She is very talented and an amazing person. Been GORGEOUS helps too! I love her to death and hope i meet her one day!

15. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

:lol: See, I'm an angst/drama whore, so Jorja rules that department for me :p