Falling Skies

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Geeno, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Don't miss the TWO-HOUR series premiere of FALLING SKIES on Sunday, June 19 9/8c on TNT!

Starting June 26 (episode 2), Falling Skies settles into its regular timeslot Sundays at 10/9c after Leverage.

This is the new summer show I'm so excited about. From the promos, it looks like The Walking Dead but it has aliens instead of zombies.

Feel free to discuss the show here!

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

No one else is watching? I have, although the two parter coming up makes me want to consider recording and watching both halves at once.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I watch it and I quite like it. :) Noah Wylie said his son chose this role for him. He said he had four different scripts and he asked his son if he wanted him to play a cop, a lawyer, an alien fighter or something else I can't remember. His son chose, no surprise here, the alien fighter LOL.

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Maybe others are still watching but no time to post. It's okay. Just continue watching the show because it's so good. :thumbsup:

No surprise Noah's son had chosen the alien fighter role for him because it's the coolest role!

TNT recently renewed FALLING SKIES for a 10-episode second season for next summer! Yay!

5. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yep, I'm watching. Pretty much anything that has aliens AND Spielberg's name on it, I'm IN. :lol:

So far I'm liking it. It's starting sort of slow but I'm thinking it will build. I'm happy it was renewed because I keep starting to watch sci-fi shows and then they get axed.

6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Aliens (only 'Falling Skies,' not a fan of 'V' though), superhumans ('Alphas'), zombies ('The Walking Dead') and this fall dinosaurs ('Terra Nova' also from Spielberg)! Sci-fi shows are my new favorite next to crime dramas and comedies.

7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I'm watching and really enjoying it. Just not a whole lot of time to come here and post about it. I've always enjoyed watching Noah Wyle and think he is doing a great job on it.

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I'm watching too. It's entertaining and Noah is a really good actor. He always did a good job in ER. I'm not really hooked as of yet but maybe later on I will be.

9. Merlyn007

Merlyn007 Victim

[SPAM]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011
  10. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Wow, the last few episode has been filled with exciting twists. The show is not just about alien's vs human!

Please don't forget the season finale is a TWO-HOUR event next Sunday starting at 9/8c!

11. GregNickRyanFan

I missed part of it last night because I was outside with the dogs. What is it that the doctor Lady (sorry, I forget her name) found out about the kids who had those harnesses removed? She was gonna tell Tom, but they never showed them talking as far as I recall.

And those tall, skinny alien things are kind of creepy looking LOL.

12. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I've been watching too, Geeno! I just tend to get behind in the episodes, since I do a lot of my TV watching via Comcast's On Demand service. I made it up to the episode where the kid who they took the harness off woke up and put it back on, then the alien started 'communicating' with the people through the kid. Creepy. I've been enjoying it so far. Can't trust that Pope guy--they better watch out for him!

13. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

While opening up a skitter body, Dr. Glass discovered that the skitters have been harnessed too - they have harness inside their bodies! It's possible that Ben and Mike might slowly turn into skitters even though the harnessed has been removed! :eek: That might explain why they suddenly became very strong (physically) as noticed by Hal.

Good! The show keeps getting better. And Pope is my favorite. I kind of don't trust him but I think his scenes are always fun.

If you've missed some episodes, TNT will do a marathon on Sunday starting with the pilot episode at 1pm ET leading to the 2-hour season finale (episodes 9 and 10) at 9pm ET.

14. GregNickRyanFan

Thank you. :)

I think Rick will probably turn into one, if that's how it happens... I don't know about Ben. Rick is showing signs of acting like one of them cause he said "we would never kill one of our own" when at Mike's funeral. Ben seems normal acting as of right now. Its funny, Ben and the littlest brother, can't remember his name, they look like they could actually be brothers. The oldest one, Hal, doesn't look like either of them LOL. I guess maybe he's supposed to look more like Tom and the other two are supposed to favor their mother more.

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I know!! Ben and Matt look alike a lot and Hal looks like Tom. Which is why when they said that Hal looked a lot like his mom I was like, nope the writers got that wrong they should've said the other two look like her.