'Execution' Slaughters Opposition

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Mar 9, 2003.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

A late start because of President <font color=yellow>George Bush's</font> press conference couldn't stop CSI: Crime Scene Investigation from taking pole position on Thursday night.

The repeat of "The Execution Of Catherine Willows" left the competition headless with an overnight rating of 15.8/23, the Futon Critic reported. This means approximately 15.8\% of American households with television sets were tuned into the show, while the episode was viewed by 23\% of households watching television at the time.

As it aired from 9:45 - 10:45 p.m., CSI faced varying competition, including reruns Friends, which averaged a 10.7/15 from 9:00 - 10:30 p.m., and a new episode of Good Morning Miami from 10:30 p.m., which managed a 7.5/12. ABC's Primetime Thursday averaged a 6.8/11 in the 10:00 p.m. hour.

CBS won the night with a 14.1/21, aided by CSI's strong lead-in, Survivor: Amazon (14.3/20), and a potent 10.9/10 achieved by a rerun of Without A Trace from 10:45 p.m. NBC came second with a 10.4/15. followed by ABC (6.3/9), UPN (4.3/6), Fox (4.0/6) and the WB (2.9/4).

These figures are based on overnight ratings from the top US markets, with final ratings expected to be available sometime next week.

The original data can be found at the Futon Critic and Mediaweek.<center></center>

2. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Administrator Administrator

Quite frankly, the show was a helluva lot more interesting than shrub.

Besides, no need to watch his speech, one could quick scan a transcript on the 'net or hear the important bits on the news later.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

A lot better than Survivor too. Good lord, why do they keep making that bloody horrid show?

I love it that a rerun kicked butt! That is how good this show is!

4. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Crap like that is mostly filled with clapping and people asking stupid questions anyway. And he said NOTHING about EVERYTHING! I'm glad CSI did that good with a rerun. As for Survivor, that's a show that's getting beaten to death, in my opinion. I don't know anyone that actually watches it!