Everybody needs somebody (a short smack story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by shell_kikii, Oct 4, 2008.

1. shell_kikii

shell_kikii Lab Technician

Alright, the TPTB didn't give us this. I wrote my own version.
    I don't own any characters or storylines of CSINY.

Everybody needs somebody

“Hey Adam, welcome to the party!” A grinning Stella greeted Adam.
    They were at the crime scene, a beauty salon. A young woman was found burnt to dead in a UV Tanning Machine. Her whole body was deep brown in color and her skin cracked. Mac and Stella had arrived earlier. They summoned Adam because other team members were on another case.
    “Whoa, that’s awful. That’s why I stick to sun tanning.” Adam’s brows knitted together.
    They started to take photos, dust for fingerprints and collect trace evidence. Adam was on the salon’s computer, copying the customer schedule when Stella gasped behind him. He turned to see her dropped her kit and holding her right shoulder.
    Both Mac and Adam approached her immediately.
    “Your shoulder still hurt?” Adam was concerned.
    “What?” Mac was puzzled.
    “No. I’m fine.” Stella tried to move her shoulder joint but winced.
    “What happened to your shoulder?” Mac asked.
    “She hurt her shoulder when Joe tried to knock her off the rooftop.” Adam said innocently.
    “Joe? Ethan Scott? How did he hurt you? Why didn’t you tell me?” Mac was shocked.
    “Oh! He didn’t know!” Adam scratched his head and whispered to himself.
    “It was no big deal. I chased him to the rooftop of the bank and he knocked me with the bag. I didn’t want to burden you. You just survived your own crisis. I’m fine, Mac. I went to a therapist.” Stella knew Mac’s temper was boiling. She tried to calm him down.
    “No big deal? You almost got killed!”
    “Hey, what did I suppose to do? Let him go? We got him, alright? Case was over.” Stella lost her patience.
    “What’s the use if he killed you? It was not about him. It was about you. Why did you always put yourself in jeopardy? Why was it so hard to lean on somebody?” Mac was furious.
    “What are you talking about?” Stella was shocked.
    “Oh God!” Adam was embarrassing. He never dreamed to stick in the middle of Mac and Stella’s fight. Fortunately, the other salon staff and police officers were out at the reception region.
    “You never said a word when you need help. With your killer boyfriend? With suspicious HIV affection? And now this? Why am I always the last one to know? Or, I would find out when I process your crime scene.”
    All three of them fell into silence.
    “Don’t bother.” Stella pulled off her gloves and left.
    Adam cleared his throat, “Mac, I…hmm…I know it’s not my place to say anything but it was cruel. Stella’s always taking care of us. She’s sunshine in the lab. Everybody loves her. I mean…not that loves her, loves her.”
    Mac sighed heavily, “I know. She takes care of everyone, except for herself. That’s the problem.”
    ----------------------------------------
    Mac could not find Stella in the lab.
    “Lindsay, you see Stella?”
    Lindsay was testing the tanning lotion swabbed from the victim. “No, but she called to say she needs to go to the therapist and would not come to the lab today. What? You need anything?”
    “No, No. What do you get from the lotion?”
    “Not yet. I’ll let you know.”
    “Alright, keep me posted.” Mac left.
    Lindsay noticed Mac was distracted. Stella too, she sounded strange on the phone. Lindsay decided Adam might have the answer. She found Adam working on the computer.
    “Adam, what happened to Mac and Stella?”
    “Mmm… I’m not suppose to tell anyone.” Adam felt uneasy.
    “I know, but we all care about them, right? Maybe we can help.” Lindsay encouraged him.
    “They had a fight.” Adam sighed.
    “A fight? About what?”
    “About they care too much for each other. I don’t think we can help. Look, don’t tell anyone. I don’t want the situation getting worse. You know Mac, he wouldn’t like any rumor.”
    “Yeah…but we need not to worry. They’ll be fine.”
    ----------------------------------------
    Mac tried to call Stella several times but her phone was off. He went to her apartment but was not sure if she wanted to see him. He knew she was home because the light was on.
    Stella knew it was Mac knocking on the door. She just didn’t want to talk, so she ignored it.
    “Stella, open up. We need to talk.” Mac said from the other side of the door. “I’m sorry for what I’ve said earlier. I didn’t mean to hurt you.”
    “I don’t want to talk tonight, Mac. Maybe tomorrow.”
    “We don’t talk if you don’t want to. Just let me in. I want to see if you’re OK.” Mac insisted. “Please. Or you want me to wait here until tomorrow?”
    Stella sighed and opened the door.
    Mac took off his coat and sat in the couch.
    “You want some tea?” Stella turned to the kitchen.
    Mac pulled her back to sit beside him. They didn’t speak. Stella leaned her head on Mac’s shoulder.
    “I’m sorry.” They said simultaneously. They smiled.
    “I know you would mad at me if I told you about the rooftop. I just couldn’t let him go. He almost killed you.” Stella said softly.
    “I’m sorry about earlier. You know I didn’t mean it, don’t you?” Mac rubbed her right shoulder gently.
    “Well, I would rather you process my crime scene. You would bring me justice.”
    “Stella, you said we take care of each other. You should tell me when there is a problem. You know I’ll be there for you whenever you needed me. Don’t try to handle the problem by yourself again. I don’t want to know about it from other people, or when it’s too late to help.”
    “You already have too much in your hands, Mac. I don’t want to be your burden.”
    “You’re never a burden to me. You’re part of me.”
    “What?” Stella looked up to him.
    “You heard me. We both know that we are more than friends to each other.” Mac turned her to face him. “I love you, Stella.”
    Stella was stunned at first, and then a smile spread on her face.
    “You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting for this moment.” She held Mac tight by his waist although her shoulder was still aching and rested her head on his chest. They held together for a few minutes.
    Mac gently lifted Stella’s head up and started kissing her. They poured all their feelings in the past years into the kiss. It was so sweet that neither of them wanted to stop. Finally, they broke the kiss and fell into silence. They still held tight together and enjoyed the company of each other.
    “I must go now. You take a day off tomorrow if your shoulder still hurt. Go to the hospital for a further check up.” Mac placed a finger to Stella’s lips when she wanted to speak. “No argue.”
    “Yes sir.” Stella smiled and kissed Mac on his lips.
    She walked him to the door and kissed him goodnight.
    - THE END -

2. giovinazzo<3

giovinazzo<3 Lab Technician

awww this was soo sweet:) great work:bolian::thumbsup: i really liked it:)

3. AnJella

AnJella CSI Level One

Aww that was incredibly sweet! I loved it! Great job:thumbsup::drool:.
    :lol: @confused Adam
    I wish TPTB would've handled the situation like that!!:bolian:

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That was sweet! Loved it! The title made me think immediately of the Keith Urban song which I think fits Smack.

5. shell_kikii

Thank you AnJella, Gio and GregNickRyanFan, I'm always happy to read the reviews you left for me. :)
    Although the premiere had aired so many days ago, I 'm upset for lacking smack scenes. I'm glad to share my imaginations with you gals here. :)

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

love it :)

7. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Kikii, I'm sorry for late reviews. I mean i just notice this new story. :) I've waited so long for stories from you. Actually, I was going to ask about when is your new story. When I read AnJ's story, I found yours. I'm so happy about it.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this Story. It was brilliant!!! I'm wondering if Mac really knows about the *rooftop part*. *Sighs*. I'm happy to read about this. I can fantasize about them. :lol::lol::lol: Hmmm, their arguments that never last long. :adore::adore: It was lovely. I couldn't agree more that Stella is RAMBO STELLA and she will never ask for Mac's help unless he discovered about the *rooftop* his ownself. Just hope sooo.. :) Someday, I just hope TPTB/Writers gives us what we have been longing for. :D

8. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

This is very sweet. I would like to see something like that on the show. Mac and Stella even fight sexy. :evil:

9. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Great story, shel kiki, I think you got all 3 characters just right. Mac lost his temper ('cause he loves Stella so much) and said something he shouldn't, Stella was trying too hard to cope with all her problems on her own - I liked the examples you gave, and how Stella was doing it so as not to be a burden on Mac, not realizing she was hurting/upsetting him by doing it. I think the way you wrote their fight and make-up was perfect. I wish you were part of TPTB. And the way you wrote Adam was just perfect, all nervous and head-scratchy (I can so see him doing that when he accidentally spilled a secret:lol:) but also being brave enough to tell Mac he was out of line, but at the same time assure him he doesn't 'love-love' Stella....because he knows Mac loves her.
    I loved the 'You're not a burden, you're a part of me' line.:adore:
    Oh, and I also think what you said about Stella taking care of everyone but herself is very true. It's the same for Mac!

10. shell_kikii

Dear MacsLady,
    Thank you so much! :) You are the only one who gave me such a detailed review. Thank you for agreeing on my way of presentation. This story was in the second page in the last couple of weeks. Thanks for bring it back. :)

11. MacsGirlMel

I apologize, I often am frustrated becuase i want to communicate my feelings but can't get them into words to leave a detailed review. It's hard for some reason to communicate what I liked, I don't know why. It's also annoying because I miss so many things others pick up on.

12. shell_kikii

DearMacsGirlMel and other,
    I'm sorry if I upset any one of you because of my latest message. No matter how short or long your reviews are, they were precious to me. So, thank you again! :)

13. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

It's okay, Kikii. I understand. :) Don't be sorry about it.. *Hugs Kikii tightly*.

14. MacsGirlMel

no hard feelings :)