Eva LaRue Would Like Natalie To Learn How To Shoot

CSI Files

Captain
<font color=yellow>Eva LaRue</font> (Natalie Boa Vista) revealed this week that one of the things she'd like to see her character do this year is finally learn how to shoot a gun.

"She hasn't been able to qualify for her gun license yet, but I think they're going to get into that," the actress told TV Guide's <font color=yellow>Matt Webb Mitovich</font> when asked about her hopes for next year. "I don't have any interest in seeing her stay on the straight and narrow, so as long as she's always in some sort of predicament, I like that."

LaRue made it clear that talk about her hopes was all she could do, as she didn't actually know yet what was going to be happening on the show come September. "As a matter of fact I'm waiting to get my script. So I have no idea what's happening. I ran into <font color=yellow>Emily Procter</font> (Calleigh Duquesne) a few days ago and she had just gotten hers, but she hadn't read it yet. She's already in Florida, but I have another week of vacation. I'm in the same episode, but all of her scenes are exterior."

Despite the heavy flirtation between Calleigh and Delko, LaRue said she didn't think that was going to evolve into an actual office romance -- particularly not as she thought Calleigh was more interested in Jake Berkeley. "I might be wrong, but as 'Joe Viewer,' it looked to me like Calleigh's intent was one of caring for him as her partner, and Delko took it to be a little more personal -- probably egged on by Natalia. [...] I think Calleigh's interest was more motherly, because Delko had come back from being shot. In the end, she's not quite over Jake."

LaRue was also asked what she thought her character's opinion now is of Maxine Valera. "It's funny, they were friends in the beginning, but I never got the feeling that Maxine really trusted Natalia, and obviously she shouldn't have. And then in the second season, Maxine started dating my ex-husband, even though she didn't know that, but when she did find out, she should have steered clear. I think Natalia still cares about what happens to Maxine, but I don't think it's a deep friendship there. You don't have to love everybody you work with."

For more from LaRue, head over to TV Guide. Thanks go out to <font color=yellow>Al Forno</font> for this!<center></center>

Back