Eva La Rue

CSI Files

Captain
<font color=yellow>Eva La Rue</font> joined CSI: Miami</font> in the show's fourth season as cold case worker Natalia Boa Vista. She immediate set off sparks among the team when she found herself in the middle of a love triangle between Eric Delko (<font color=yellow>Adam Rodriguez</font>) and Ryan Wolfe (<font color=yellow>Jonathan Togo</font>) and was revealed as the mole in the lab, but this season has come into her own as a CSI. La Rue, whose credits include a long stint on All My Children and guest appearances in George Lopez and Soul Food, spoke with CSI Files' <font color=yellow>Kristine Huntley</font> about her character's wild ride this season.

CSI Files: It's been quite a year for Natalia! Do you feel like she's come into her own as a CSI?

Eva La Rue: Yeah, I think what's interesting is that at the beginning of the season was the first time you got to see a CSI starting out with all the mistakes and the learning curve. Whereas you usually see everyone being really great at their jobs because they're experts, she wasn't. She was learning. But just from a learning perspective, I thought that was interesting, to see her starting out and also have the controversy of her having been the mole last year and them really not trusting her and her having to really earn their trust and work really hard for it. And then she had all of her personal drama with her ex-husband Nick, him showing up, the fact that he got killed and her being a possible murder suspect, and her sister being kidnapped--I had all kinds of soap opera stuff!

CSI Files: Did you like playing the transition from her being a cold case worker to a CSI?

La Rue: Oh yeah--it gave me so much more to do this year. It was fantastic. And I think nobody was quite sure what to do with her last year, either, with her coming on and then having that fling with Adam's character, and then nobody was quite sure if she had a fling with Wolfe as well. Personally, I don't think she did; I think they just went out on a date the one time to kind of make [Delko] mad because she felt like he had slupped her off on Wolfe, and [Ryan] had been bugging her and asking her out and she said, "Okay, I'll go." But I don't think she was ever really dating him, but it was bad. So now I would like to see her jump back into [dating] again.

CSI Files: Do you have anybody in particular you'd like to see her with?

La Rue: At the end of the season, it looks like instead of having the hots for somebody, [she] actually [has] more of empathy for [someone], a real honest-to-goodness caring about somebody.

CSI Files: Can you give us a hint who it might be?

<HR ALIGN="CENTER" SIZE="1" WIDTH="45\%" COLOR="#007BB5">

To read the full interviews, please click here.<center></center>

That was a great interview. :) It was really interesting to hear about the emotions involved in shooting some of the episodes and Eva seems really honest and open. Thanks Kristine.

^Thanks, Elsie! :) She was very open, and even a little hard on herself at times, like with the episode "Darkroom" and her worries about the love triangle reflecting negatively on Natalia. I also think she brings a unique perspective with her work in daytime TV--hearing that was interesting as well!

Really great interview. It helped me to understand her character more. I completely agree with her about Daytime vs Primetime. As a soap fan I can totally get what she's saying. I remember her from All My Children and I hated when she left. I quit watching not to long after that and I know she briefly went back a few yrs ago, but I didn't watch. When I saw her on Miami I was prepared to like her. I did and then I didn't like the character. She rubbed me the wrong way at first, but with the episode Kill Switch, her talk with Ryan and now this interview, I got to say I think I'm warming up to her (Natalia), Eva La Rue has always rocked in my book. :)

Thanks! I may have seen her once or twice on All My Children, and I recall reading an article here and there about her. I thought what she had to say about daytime vs. nighttime TV was really insightful. I was indifferent to Natalia at first, but I'm really starting to like the character now that she's coming into her own.

I still don't like her, but I'm starting to dislike her less. I like that she's been a friend to both Eric and Ryan in these past few weeks. I think that role fits her much better than office whore. Playful Natalia is more likable than In Your Pants Natalia.

Eventually I'd like to see her, Calleigh and Valera going to a bar and getting drunk and then going home and prank calling Horatio.

Good interview :) Thank you very much for it! I do like Natalia, though I was kind of disapointed to learn that she was the mole. Now I am looking forward to watch season 5 and see all the changes...It's going to be different for sure :rolleyes:

midnight_tiptoes said:
I still don't like her, but I'm starting to dislike her less. I like that she's been a friend to both Eric and Ryan in these past few weeks. I think that role fits her much better than office whore. Playful Natalia is more likable than In Your Pants Natalia.

I think based off of what she said, Eva would agree with you. I thought it was kind of interesting, and cool, that she wasn't a huge fan of the love triangle right off the bat, and thought it wasn't a good way to get the audience to relate to Natalia, or to like her. I think the character has had some cool stuff going on this season, though. I like seeing her help out the guys.

Eventually I'd like to see her, Calleigh and Valera going to a bar and getting drunk and then going home and prank calling Horatio.

That would be hilarious! They could do Jack Bauer impressions:

"Drop the sunglasses! Drop them NOW!"

:lol:

CSI_Dani said:
Good interview :) Thank you very much for it! I do like Natalia, though I was kind of disapointed to learn that she was the mole. Now I am looking forward to watch season 5 and see all the changes...It's going to be different for sure :rolleyes:

Thank you! :) The character really comes into her own in season five, I think...

Back