Eurovision Songcontest 2011

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by PalmTree, May 12, 2011.

1. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

I don't know if it's ok to start this thread, unfortunately we didn't made it to the final 25 for saturday, (we=netherlands)....:(

Well, go france, go italy, go bosnia :cool:

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Haha, I was about to start this one!
    Too bad Netherlands didn't get to final. I liked their song... I think the 2nd SF was tougher than the first one. Had to be, now how else we would have got thru the first one? :lol: :lol: I hate "save the world" songs

IMHO I think Sweden, Russia will be kickasses.
    Also Ireland pulled once again something unique and they are kind of cool. And even UK has a good song :D

Moldova and Zdob si Zdub are my favourites! Too bad they don't have grandma this time ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wUMGupcSiQ

Too bad Slovakia didn't get in, I think those girls sang very well and song was ok. Estonia.. energic but felt like somethng was missing.

From first SF, too bad Turkey didn't qualify... they had different kind of song and me liked. Dana International _not_ qualifying wasn't a surprise for me.

Germany having Lena again.. I think she's still great and has her own style to sing, but the song.. nah.

So here's our entry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoDsA9PutU4

[I do admit it was the best we had in our qualification..which really sucked. And I admit, million times better than last year]

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I shall be watching this tonight, and hoping we (UK) do better than we usually do....
    And Jedward for Ireland? I admit, I voted for them in the X factor (well, I wasnt the only one!) and although they cant sing, they are entertaining.

4. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Azerbaijan. Wow. Well, music victory that much I can say. And thank GOD Sweden didn't win. Not because it's Sweden but song was icky with lame lyrics. We also get subtitles and at least those are bit strange sometimes :lol: :lol:

I am so glad we gave 12pts to Hungary. I really liked the song!

5. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I think that Jedward did us (Ireland) proud. 8th place is nothing to sneeze at and they were certainly entertaining.

6. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Well... first I am glad Italy became second.... there is hope :cool:
    I was in my car on my way to friends to watch the final, because of another appointment I couldn't be on time, so I had to listen to the radio the first 16 songs.... France sounded good, Italy even better... so I was surprised France didn't get that many points... but from what I saw in the short pieces... he didn't look that good, his hair was strange, I think the magic was lost between him and the audience....

And at the end the results of the semi finals.... there was the ultimate "down"for us from the Netherlands.... we became last in our semi final, with only 13 points (thanks belgium and bulgaria) ....
    I guess it's about time we have to reconsider the whole eurovision thing.... Actually I don't get it, we have so many good artists... well..
    the discussion is already started en heated amongst dutch eurovision fans..:cool:

7. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Yay we (UK) didn't come last for once, we were 11th I think! :D.

Jedward did awesome aswell - they're very entertaining. ;)

8. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Yeah, Blue did a good job. So much better than last year. And well done to Jedward, I dont know how those boys have so much energy!
    Azerbaijan- not sure how they won, didnt think much of their song. Not enough 'totally bonkers' acts for my liking this year- there was only the Moldovans!