Eurovision Song Contest 2010

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Ducky, May 26, 2010.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Okay, I'm bit late but ..oh well.

So yesterday was first Semi-Final. Oh dear what crap. I think only good ones were Slovakia (didn't qualify), Malta, Albania and Portugal.
    Greece had typical song and got thru, no surprise there.

Albania (official vid)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgeklMIc6_k
    Juliana Pasha - It's All About You

And this made me laugh.. They got thru
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1FWLCnTtQQ
    oh the saxplayer :lol: :lol:
    He was dressed white in SF (vid is from their country's)

:lol: :lol:
    I haven't watched most of the 2nd semi-final or those who are straight in final but Sweden has crappy song :p

So who'se youre favourite`?

2. Ducky

3. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

I can say now, hand on heart, that I will moan about this being on and talk about how appalling and embarrassing it is yet I will still watch it!!

Good luck to our entry, Josh, he's a talented lad but he'll never win. We nearly always finish right near the bottom! Political voting *whistles* ;)

4. Ducky

^^
    Many moan and whine and say how crappy it is and still they watch :lol:

My other half watches with me :lol: Well at least last year he even found his favourite! Portugal's song (their folk song-ish)

And I'll moan if Israel wins.

5. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

We're 175-1 to win! That's a joke! We need a novelty act!!

6. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

I like the one with the saxophone player! It's really catchy and saxophone-dude is hilarious! :guffaw:

7. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Some of these are absolutely horrendous! I actually cannot watch! I'll catch the results though.

8. Ducky

Moldova! Oh he got my love <3 (and looks like comments in Facebook that lots of others as well :lol: :lol:)

I think I try to make an avatar about him ;)

Germany won. 2nd win and 28yrs since last one.
    Great, I think victory to music. I think top10 was great. And it's great that one of the biggest countries win.

I still cannot understand who gave points to Serbia. And I feel sorry for UK, the song wasn't *that bad* that it deserved last place.

Heh, France had nice one as well and since it's a France's theme in Football's World Cup this summer I am sure we'll hear it.

Winner:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIain4SByPs

9. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

I can't believe that we actually won! :eek: I never thought that would happen. Okay, Top10 was something we could hope for, but 1st place?!?!?! I'm still in shock. When only 6 countries had to give their votes, I was like "We are 76 points ahead. Should the country in 2nd place get 12 points from every remaining country, that would only be 72. So we're the winner!" And we got 12 points from Spain :lol: Greetings to all the Germans auf Malle!!! LOL

10. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Congrats to Germany! As I said last night, you can have Eurovision and we'll have the World Cup ;)

I'm just pleased we got into double figures! Our poor little Josh, he was good. I ended up basing my favourites on which countries Chelsea players were from in the end...

I think England need to pick our country up and put it in the middle of Eastern Europe next year to get some votes! Everyone votes for their neighbour and as an island, we have NO neighbours!

11. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

We'll see about that! :p I really liked the song from Denmark! I can't get it out of my head since last night.

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i'm not surprised germany won - they invoked alanis morrisette on vocals and the song was quite catchy and fun. denmark's was ok, it was quite good as power ballads go. my friend's danish so she was quite happy with how they did.

i'm always amused by how the uk routinely comes last - i guess we're just too good at pissing off our neighbours and not good enough at tactical voting :D

also, how bloody miserable was the ukrainian song? it made me feel depressed! russia's wasn't much more cheerful but his quaint outfit made it seem a bit less miserable for some reason.

as for this:
    can't germany just have both please? ;) i love this tweet/fb status that's doing the rounds in the uk right now: "Erectile dysfunction on increase. If you suffer; Please add white flag with red cross to your van or car" :lol: :lol:

13. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

^ LOL!

I love World Cup Fever! I'm so excited already :D

I have a Eurovision questions: why were Israel in it? They're not in Europe :S

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i think a lot of people ask that question every year, and i'm not sure what the answer is - they only started doing it fairly recently and then they won with that dana international (the transgender - good for her, i reckon!), but i don't think anyone's really sure how they qualify as europe. it's just one of those things. although i guess if turkey can qualify, so can israel; only a small part of turkey is in europe and israel's not really further from europe than most of turkey so.... it's just one of those things that's never quite made sense - a bit like eurovision itself :D

15. Ducky

First, Israel (for some reason) is memeber of EBU [European Broadcasting Union] so that's why... same with Turkey, Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia.

As for neighbour countries... West does that as well. Nordic Countries do that as well. I just realised if Finland and Sweden were in same semi-final, both would have got thru, since we always give points to each other - and Finland missed final py 3 points and Sweden with 5points :lol: :lol:
    And besides, winner always gets points all over the Europe so...

And erm... Malta gives quite many times UK 12 points..tho not this time :p

AS for Danish song.. the Swedes are mad. The song actually was trying to get to Swedish qualification (Melodifestivalen) but the jury dropped it out and then they got thru the Danish system :lol: :lol:

And as for World Cup - Netherland (Holland!) wins! ...or then Germany.. if not, then maybe England.

*goes to revive the Football thread in Misc*