Episode #516 'Broken Home' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by ThumpyG42, Feb 17, 2007.

1. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

Information courtesy of The Futon Critic

CSI: MIAMI
    Air Date: Monday, February 19, 2007
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#516) "Broken Home"

THE CSIs INVESTIGATE WHEN THE PARENTS OF A BABY SITTER IN AN UPSCALE NEIGHBORHOOD ARE MURDERED, ON "CSI: MIAMI," MONDAY, FEB. 19, 10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT

"Broken Home" -- The CSIs investigate when the parents of a baby sitter in an upscale neighborhood are murdered, on CSI: MIAMI, Monday, Feb. 19 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Sam Hill directed the episode written by Barry O'Brien & Krystal Houghton.

As the team sorts through the neighbors' secrets and lies, they find an unexpected love triangle as a motive for murder. Meanwhile, a key piece of evidence found at the crime scene leads Horatio to expose a doctor with some dirty secrets of his own.

SERIES REGULARS:

Horatio Caine: David Caruso
    Calleigh Duquesne: Emily Procter
    Eric Delko: Adam Rodriguez
    Alexx Woods: Khandi Alexander
    Ryan Wolfe: Jonathan Togo
    Det. Frank Tripp: Rex Linn
    Natalia Boa Vista: Eva La Rue

RECURRING CAST:

Leo Donwell: Josh Zuckerman

GUEST CAST:

Heather Crowley: Leighton Meester
    Edward Crowley: Brad Bartram
    Kimberly Crowley: Larisa Miller
    Justin Montavo: James Henrie
    Dave Montavo: Marco Sanchez
    Renee Montavo: Julie St. Claire
    Zach Griffith: Jeremy Sumpter
    Dr. Mike Lasker: Matt Letscher
    Amelia Clarke: Jowharah Jones
    Party Planner: Sarah Bloom

2. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Sounds interesting, espeically the Horatio part. I cant wait to see Eric. Thanks Thumpy!

3. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

I can't wait to see how the rest of the team acts arund Eric.

4. CSI_CSIMiamifan

CSI_CSIMiamifan Prime Suspect

i am also looking forward to seeing eric and how the team acts around him. let's hope the writers didn't forget about him, as in being shot.

5. Piranya

Piranya Victim

don`t expect too much! the conclusion of the last episodes were really disappointing! and I fear that this kind of "style" will be continuative...

6. MegantheMonster

MegantheMonster Police Officer

Gawd.

If they just conviently 'forget' or advance the whole thing by six months and suddenly Eric is magically healed by the great of Super H, I am going to be pissed.

TPTB have a habit of that. Hate to say it, but Horatio always seems to overshadow everything, even though he shouldn't. If they let the other actors/characters get more invovled, they wouldn't be snubbed every award season.

*sigh*

Anything about Calleigh? What happened to her undercover agent turned Detective ex-boyfriend?

Megan

7. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I agree wholeheartedly! And at the moment, I really don't have anything else to add.

8. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Well lets hope this storyline with Eric doesn't get pushed too far onto the back burner. The shows tends to make a big deal about 'the moment' these things happen and then they push it to the wayside a little and make small references to it every know and then.

Although since this was soooo big I'm kind of hoping that doesn't happen but considering he is already back at work...who knows :confused:

9. MegantheMonster

MegantheMonster Police Officer

I, do, hope they do keep him in the show but not as a mental gimp who just makes funny statements every now and then. I think they would do damn fine work of themselves if they showed Eric going through rehab, learning everything again, the team helping him. They could make that awesome if they did it right, but they won't. Why would they?

Horatio. Horatio. Horatio.

If it doesn't invovle Horatio it's not worth showing.

I bet you anything, though, they'll just write it off with a 'oh, the doctor made a mistake and now I'm right as rain. Thanks Horatio!'

I will vomit.

Anything about Calleigh?

Megan

10. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

^ I totally agree. They won't show him going through rehab etc b/c the writers would probably see that as dwelling. And writers don't like to dwell. Like I said earlier they (the writers) did it and now it is over and from now on they will make references to it and that will be it.

I don't think they will totally write it off but you're right if it doesn't directly involve H then it is old news.

I haven't heard anything about Calleigh....I can't get anything out of Corey even smalls things. So who knows what they will do next....but at the rate they are going they could drop a house on her!!! :lol: That is a joke by the way!

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I get the feeling that Eric will seem fine and dandy and then something will happen where he forgets how to do a investigating technique, or he drops something and gets angry with himself -- That sort of thing. It's kind of the writer's way of having the episodes carry on but with a little drop of Delko dealing with the gunshot to the head.

It'll probably be a whole bunch of "Welcome back" and then "Are you okay?" and then "Maybe you should see a doctor about that" to Eric saying "No I'm fine, I can do my job" and then a whole bunch of drama ensues. :rolleyes:

Then again, the writers might shift it into a completely different direction. Maybe 'Broken Home' will be the 'calm down' episode where all of the intensity is broken for a while and life goes on as normal for a while. *shrugs* Who knows, it could go down a million different ways.

ETA: :lol: delkolover.

12. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

I can't wait for the one, I want to see about Eric too.

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I agree...it was bad enough they did it to Flack, I hope they don't do it to Delko also.

14. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Yeah, I completely agree. It was kind of like that with Ryan and 'Nailed' and the episodes that followed- they used it as a story line but it wasn't the frontline issue of the season. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it's just the way they do it. they had better not completely disregard it- they built up all the drama, and if they drop it, I seriously will have my dad drive me to CBS studios and I will yell at them. :lol:
    Lets hope it goes down the right way! :D 'Broken Home' will really set up the story- if they drop it here, it's dropped. They had better not screw up! :mad:

15. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Took the words out of my mouth Lil!

I really can't wait for this episode, i want to see more of Eric, and high running emotions. It's sat. night! And it's on Monady evening...this is gonna take a while....