Eddie Cahill filming new movie "The Narrows"

Kevin Zegers and Sophia Bush were caught in Soho, NY filming a Scene for their Independent Flick "The Narrows".
Kevin Zegers plays the Leading Role of "Mike Mandoro" and Sophia Bush as "Kathy Popovich" as one of the leading ladies and Eddie Cahill (CSI NY and "Tag" from FRIENDS as Mike's Best Friend "Nicky Shades" and Vincent D'Onofrio (from Law&Order fame) as Mike Mandoro's father "Vinny".

Based on Tim McLoughlin's novel "Heart of the Old Country", THE NARROWS is the story of Mike, a 19 year old Brooklyn boy who is torn between two worlds. When Mike's photography portfolio wins him a partial scholarship to NYU, he must figure out how to balance his tight knit Italian neighborhood roots in Bay Ridge with the opportunity to emerge into the expansive, sophisticated world on the other side of the East River. His job at a local car service doesn't earn him enough to make up for the rest of tuition. His father, a retired sanitation worker on disability, refuses to support Mike's attempts for financial aid out of pride. Mike ultimately takes a job making deliveries for Tony, the local mob boss, to make up the gap.

Mike not only has to balance work with his academic assignments, he has to manage his personal relationships as well. This includes his attraction to a cool, intellectual young woman he meets at NYU with his responsibility to his long term, girlfriend from the neighborhood he's promised to marry. The stakes grow higher as he faces consequential choices in turning his back on all he knows and pursuing a new life. This compelling coming-of-age story combines suspense, murder and loyalty. The Narrows takes a guided tour of the ethnic enclaves of South Brooklyn, where the hangers-on, those left behind in the white flight to the suburbs, continue to "do business" while defending their shrinking borders.

;)

detdonflackjr said:
... and Eddie Cahill (CSI NY and "Tag" from FRIENDS as Mike's Best Friend "Nicky Shades" ...

I tell ya, I misread the article at first and thought Eddie was being cast as the dad. :lol: And I was going, "Whut? Eddie is hella too young to be a 19-year-old's dad!" Then I reread the article and realized he was being cast as the best friend. Which got me thinking, "Awww, he's gonna play a guy who's ten years his junior." :lol: :D (Well, that's if his character is supposed to be 19 years old too anyway.)

It's going to be interesting to watch Eddie in a new role other than Flack. Looks like the guys of the show are spending their summer holidays filming for movies. Thanks for letting us know! :)

YAY! THANK YOU! :lol: Haha! Sounds great! I can't wait! Eddie is a fantastic actor! :) I loved him ever since his very first apperance in Friends!

Thanks for the info!
It'll be nice to see Eddie in a different role than Flack!!
I like how all the characters he plays are so different than the previous ones.

Sweet! Great to see Eddie is doing a movie over hiatus.

If he's filming in NY he should at least be there for if Rangers win the Stanley Cup - I bet that would really make him a happy 'ickle bunny! :D BTW, any news on his other film "This Is Not a Test"? Hill was producing it and Carmine is also in it from what I remember.

This sounds like a good movie! Plus we get our Eddie because some of us are suffering from CSI: New York withdrawl!

Back