Eastwick- new series

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by GregNickRyanFan, Sep 25, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Anyone else watch this tonight? I thought it was pretty decent. The only thing that bugged me was when Rebecca's character cut her finger for real after telling her friends that she dreamed that, her reaction was not good. That line/reaction should have been delivered more believably. It was a bit off. Everything else was fine though.

I'm guessing this is a remake of the movie, which I've never seen. I'm just pretty sure the movie had Cher in it. I don't know who the other two women were. Bro told me Jack Nicholson played the mysterious guy (the Vanhorn character- although the names have probably changed).

It was nice seeing Matt Dallas again. I miss Kyle. :(

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Original film, Witches of Eastwick (1987)
    Cher - Alexandra Medford
    Susan Sarandon - Jane Spofford
    Michelle Pfeiffer - Sukie Ridgemont
    Jack Nicholson - Daryl Van Horne

Unsold TV series pilot, Witches of Eastwick (1992)
    Ally Walker - Alexandra Spofford
    Julia Campbell - Jane Hollis
    Catherine Mary Stewart - Sukie Ridgemont
    Michael Siberry - Darryl Van Horne

Unsold TV pilot, Eastwick (2002)
    Kelly Rutherford - Alexandra Medford
    Marcia Cross - Jane Spofford
    Lori Laughlin - Sukie Ridgemont
    Jason O'Mara - Daryl Van Horne

New series, Eastwick (2009)
    Jaime Ray Newman - Kat Rougemont
    Lindsay Price - Koanna Frankel
    Rebecca Romijn - Roxanne Torcoletti
    Paul Gross - Darryl

Info from imdb.com

3. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Well I liked it...but then again the only reason I watched this is because of Paul Gross, who I loved in Due South. But it has potential if given a chance but like everything we will see.

4. GregNickRyanFan

Last night's ep was a little too Dallas-y for my tastes. Ex fiance comes to town, girl has new bf, but ex wants her back, they end up sleeping together, new bf finds out and says bye. :rolleyes:

5. GregNickRyanFan

I wish they'd focus more on their powers rather than the drama. I'm glad that Kat and Joanna made up though. I thought for sure Joanna being in danger would smarten Will up and make him want her again. Sadly that was not the case. The preacher guy is freakin' nuts. :lol: Mia looked cute dressed and Ragedy Ann. I can't believe they killed Chad off. :( Darryl is getting on my nerves big time! Jamie is hot, but I can't figure out what he's up to. Why did he say Darryl killed his mother? I thought Bun was his mother cause she said that book that jamie had was hers and he said the book was his mother's.

6. GregNickRyanFan

Okay, I understand better about Jamie's mother now. :lol:

Did Bun say that Jamie had to kill Roxie with that knife or that only Roxie could use the knife to kill Darryl? I'm confused. Why would they want Roxie dead? Obviously Gloria dying and breaking the other two's powers didn't make Darryl anymore vulnerable. So why would Roxie dying do that?

Max is annoying. I wish he'd leave and Joanna would get her old job back.

So if Darryl is supposed to be Lucifer/the devil/Satan then why would he give a crap if Greta died? The devil wouldn't care. He'd just look at it as collateral damage. And if he is the devil that would mean he's a fallen angel and might still have some angel powers and wouldn't he be able to heal himself (rather than have Kat do it)? And wouldn't he be able to heal Greta himself? I would think he'd have the power to do whatever he wanted if he were truly the devil. He could kill or heal, whichever he chose.

Joanna named her cat Anderson Cooper. :lol: