Eads Works Through The Pain

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Mar 6, 2009.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

<font color=yellow>George Eads</font> (Nick Stokes) has been suffering from a herniated disc for three months, making it more difficult to film the ninth season of <I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I>.<p>The actor injured his back on December 5, and he has been struggling since then. "I've had two epidural injections and it won't go away," Eads told <A class="link" HREF="http://www.creators.com/lifestylefeatures/hollywood-exclusive.html">Hollywood Exclusive</a>. "I have to sit down on an apple box between scenes. As kind of a joke, the crew screwed a handle on my box so I can take it with me."<p>Eads is set to get another shot this week, and he is considering surgery. For now, however, the pain is severe. "I've been on all fours crying in the shower, but that doesn't do any good," he revealed. "You can't whine all the time; people don't want to be around that." While working on this week's episode, <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/episodes/csi/season9/turn_turn_turn.shtml">"Turn, Turn, Turn"</a>, the actor spent long hours on his feet. When the director joked about Eads channeling his physical pain into the emotionally-demanding episode, "I said, 'I don't know, man, maybe there's a silver lining to this,'" the actor said.<p>One thing about "Turn, Turn, Turn" that wasn't difficult for Eads was working with country singer <font color=yellow>Taylor Swift</font>. "She was charming," he shared. "I familiarized myself with her and, well, if I was 19 and my concert sold out in three minutes and I sang for adoring fans, it might be hard to check my ego at the door when I came in to act on a show. She did. She was very sweet and humble. She gave little gifts to the crew."<p>The original article is from <A class="link" HREF="http://www.creators.com/lifestylefeatures/hollywood-exclusive/for-george-eads-of-csi-the-agony-is-real-from-superbad-to-super-scary-for-martha-macisaac.html">Hollywood Exclusive</a>.<center></center>

2. koshi700

koshi700 Dead on Arrival

Poor George! Back pain is no fun at all. I have a friend who injured his back while in the Army and there are times when it will litterly keep him in bed for days. I hope he doesn't let this go on for too long. The longer he waits to get it fixed the worse it's going to be. But poor George! He certainly is dedicated!

3. Fiorella

Fiorella Hit and Run

Oh... Poor George! Get well soon!

4. byline

byline CSI Level One

Sadly, some people are never able to get it fixed. For most people, herniated discs heal on their own within six weeks. However, it depends on the type of herniation, how much pressure stays on the sciatic nerve, whether there's scar tissue pressing on the sciatic nerve, and probably countless other variables. Five years ago, my husband suffered a herniated spinal disc, along with a second bulged disc, and he lives every day with chronic sciatica (pain caused by pressure on, or damage to, the sciatic nerve). He's had physio and surgery, but the healing only went so far and then stopped. The medication he takes doesn't do a whole lot to ease it. Stretching exercises and massage therapy help keep the muscle spasms more or less under control, but basically he has not had a pain-free day in five years.

I hope the same is not true for George.

5. Sagemint

Sagemint Witness

That sounds so painful...I hope the best for him!

6. goldencougarwolf

goldencougarwolf Hit and Run

Sadly, some people are never able to get it fixed. For most people, herniated discs heal on their own within six weeks. However, it depends on the type of herniation, how much pressure stays on the sciatic nerve, whether there's scar tissue pressing on the sciatic nerve, and probably countless other variables. Five years ago, my husband suffered a herniated spinal disc, along with a second bulged disc, and he lives every day with chronic sciatica (pain caused by pressure on, or damage to, the sciatic nerve). He's had physio and surgery, but the healing only went so far and then stopped. The medication he takes doesn't do a whole lot to ease it. Stretching exercises and massage therapy help keep the muscle spasms more or less under control, but basically he has not had a pain-free day in five years.

This is true. My husband is a combat engineer. I went into massage therapy to fix him. He has shoulder and back problems. I have DDD (Degenerative Disk Disease). I have learned some techniques that really help.
    1. Swim and exercise in a heated pool.
    2. Ice for 15 minutes then heat for 15 minutes everyday and everytime the pain comes along.
    3. The Ball.
    4. Inversion Therapy (hanging upside down).
    5. Core muscles. They must be strengthened. That includes both the agonist and the antagonist muscles.
    Remember inflammation is not your friend and 90% of all back injuries involve inflammation. Any therapist who has gone to school in the Colorado Springs area seems to have more knowledge than any massage therapist out there. I don't know why. Maybe because CS demands over 1000 hours for the therapist to get a license. We are all trained the same way. If you can find a therapist who was trained in this city your husband will be rid of pain in 6 weeks to a year. The other thing about CS therapist they are all NMT trained. Just a heads up for you. I hope those 5 simple rules to back injuries will help you. :cool: