Downton Abbey

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Solitaire, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I know I am fairly late to this, considering it was aired in the UK in September/October. But I have just been watching it, and while it is no Pride and Prejudice, I really enjoyed it.
    It is set in a big country house in 1912, and is about the lives of the Lord and his family who live in the house and the servants who work there.
    I do love a good period drama, and the dresses the ladies wear are gorgeous. And there was some good twists in the story as well. I was alittle let down by the ending, but I know they are getting a second season, so everything will probably be tied up then.
    Did anyone else here watch it?

2. oliviacage

oliviacage Victim

WOW, that's great summary. I will definitely watch it.

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Thanks! Its definitely worth a try. I do love period dramas.

4. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

I LOVED Downton Abbey! I heard it was coming back for a second season so I cannot wait for that.

Dame Maggie Smith was as superb as ever and the styling was absolutely divine.

5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Yes the clothes were gorgeous! And Maggie Smith is always good.
    Ive read that they are setting the next series in the middle of the first world war. It said some of Downton's young men will be off to war. Whats the betting that it is Matthew? Hopefully when he gets back he and Mary will get together again. They are such a cute couple. And I want Thomas back too, he was such an evil character!

6. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Well the second series, after a good Emmy win for the show, is currently on in the UK on a Sunday night at 9pm.
    I enjoyed last weeks episode, although it was rather fragmented having to show the action in the trenches. Aww, I really want Matthew and Mary to get back together!
    Is anyone else watching this?