Dourdan Speaks

CSI Files

Captain
The drugs belonged to someone else.<p><I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I>'s <font color=yellow>Gary Dourdan</font> (Warrick Brown) was <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/290408_02.shtml">arrested</a> last week on suspicion of drug possession. The actor issued a statement to <A class="link" HREF="http://www.accesshollywood.com/?__source=nav">Access Hollywood</a> this past weekend. He spoke about the <A class="link" HREF="http://www.coachella.com/">Coachella festival</a>, which he attended prior to his arrest. "Obviously I certainly wish I hadn't been responsible for so many people getting to the festival's VIP area," Dourdan wrote. "And the after party, it ran me ragged, but I’m glad pulling over did prevent a DUI. I recommend not driving at all, but a little kip (nap) is always good (on either side of the road LOL)."<p>Dourdan went on to say that the drugs found in the vehicle were not his. "I am blessed that the Sgt. realized that the luggage carrying whatever they found was not mine and that my tests have been coming back negative," Dourdan explained. "I've been happy to cooperate in any way to clear myself and go on with my blessed life."<p>"I am so sorry to all my fans, especially the young ones, like <font color=yellow>Taylor Swift</font>, who I should've been supporting with my daughter instead of driving tired in the desert," Dourdan said, referencing the musician he was supposed to <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/260408_01.shtml">present with an award</a> at last Sunday's <I>10th Annual Young Hollywood Awards</I>. "I am planning events to get the word out that you don't need a bunch of nasty chemicals to have a good time. Just good friends, family, good music and a good honest spirit full of faith."<p>The original article is from <A class="link" HREF="http://www.accesshollywood.com/article/9353/access-exclusive-csi-star-gary-dourdan-issues-statement-over-arrest/">Access Hollywood</a>.<center></center>

I'm with you, Adzix, I'm not convinced by him. I still said, he in big denied that he have a drug problem.

not his drugs?? :rolleyes: aka, he is a celeb so is above the law. No wonder the LAPD has such a bad rep, they are the worst police force in the US. What law abiding citizen would let a person with a serious drug problem put luggage in their car?? er...i wouldn't, because according to the law, just being in possession, ie, in your car, is illegal, regardless of ownership.

Its good that he pulled over, but why did he drive in the first place? I don't even think of getting in a car after a night of drinking, i arrange rides before going out, that way i am not in a situation like that. Plus, sleeping a couple of hours wouldn't have made much of a difference, he still would have been intoxicated.

Ok, if this was the only thing going on, maybe i would believe it. However, he is leaving the show, and it seems like he was fired, he had charges of assault against his ex-girlfriend, allegedly attacked a photographer, got away with several traffic violations because of being buddys with the cops, and there were rumours of drug and drinking abuse. Plus he looks like crap on the show, wow.

Sorry Gary...the logical solution is the bad one, i don't buy it for a second.

i feel a sudden urge to find a scene with Warrick interviewing a suspect who denies it was his drugs. anybody? :p

CSIFiles said:
The drugs belonged to someone else.

The first thing I thought when I read that was "Famous last words."

I hope for his sake that he's telling the truth, but something still tells me that there's more to the story. :shrug:

I do think it's significant that, after he was arrested, we hear about people on set worrying about him and wanting him to get help and such. Maybe the drugs in his car when he was arrested did belong to someone else (hey, you never know)--but he could still have a problem, you know?

I do think it's significant that, after he was arrested, we hear about people on set worrying about him and wanting him to get help and such. Maybe the drugs in his car when he was arrested did belong to someone else (hey, you never know)--but he could still have a problem, you know?

Maybe the drugs weren't his, but it seems to me that he probably needs to take a look at his life and decide where he wants it to go. If I'm reading this correctly, and by pulling over he did prevent a DUI charge, then presumably he initially got into the car and started driving whilst under the influence? I too recommend not driving at all when you're in that situation. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty much going to agree with everyone else. I'm not convinced at all. It seems to me like he's dotting his i's and crossing the t's, so to speak - you know, saying what people want to hear. And truthfully, it doesn't sound especially sincere - it sounds like 'addict talk'.

And on the issue of driving while intoxicated - I'm glad he thinks you shouldn't drive at all while under the influence. Shame he didn't put that into practice...

And on the issue of driving while intoxicated - I'm glad he thinks you shouldn't drive at all while under the influence. Shame he didn't put that into practice...

Agreed. That's the part that bothers me the most, I think.

And honestly, how many other people have made the same claim? Need we bring out Lindsay Lohan's "they're not my pants" thing? I don't believe him. I think it's just a PR thing.

What's happening to Hollywood these days?

^ yeah, but it sounds like before he stopped to take a nap he drove under influence. he just wasn't busted.

And the after party, it ran me ragged, but I’m glad pulling over did prevent a DUI. I recommend not driving at all, but a little kip (nap) is always good

Gary said:
"I am blessed that the Sgt. realized that the luggage carrying whatever they found was not mine and that my tests have been coming back negative"

An Associated Press article today (Thurs. 5/8) contradicts that:
"Gary Dourdan has been charged with felony possession of heroin, cocaine and Ecstasy stemming from his arrest last month."

His story is not holding up too well.
Sadly, LaSquisita

Back