Dourdan: Critics Hate Us

CSI Files

Captain
With season seven drawing to a close, <font color=yellow>Gary Dourdan</font> (Warrick Brown) still marvels at the fact that CSI: Crime Scene Investigation is such a huge hit.

"None of us were expecting this, certainly not this much success," Dourdan told FemaleFirst. But not everyone is happy that CSI is still doing so well. "Critics hate us," he said. "They keep on talking shows up to knock us off but they don't." Dourdan thinks that CSI has had a very strong season this time around. "When we got back from summer break, we were actually really surprised; the scripts were much better, there were stronger storylines and it’s good to go to work, I feel like I’m doing something."

The success of CSI has gotten a lot of young people interested in the science from the show. "That's the most positive CSI effect, I do have lots of kids come up to me and going 'what job is it? I want to be a forensic scientist.'" But the show has had negative effects as well. Recently, a killer took a page from forensics shows when he wore disposable booties while committing the crime, enabling him to temporarily evade capture. "So definitely there's some good and bad to it I suppose," Dourdan said. "That's what we get from law enforcement all the time, criminals watch our shows, this is what to see what not to do!"

Learning about forensics isn't limited to the viewers. "I’m learning something new everyday man, I don’t know half this shit!" Dourdan said. He also explained that the show is lucky to have "all these cops around, ex cops and current cops, real CSIs who are there for the terminology, explain in layman’s terms what it is." Dourdan said that he was fascinated by the experiences these people share with the actors and that he enjoys "coming into work and learning."

To read the full article, head over to FemaleFirst.<center></center>

Good article! Wise words Gary said, I would say...I am so glad he enjoys doing this show more and more, because this way I am sure he gives everything to it, to make it as good as we know it already. It's good that he mentioned the fact CSI has good and bad consequences, which is totally obvious for everyone, but that he still thinks it's worth it! I do, too! And as they continue to enjoy doing CSI, and putting effort into it, I am pretty sure I will love it, too :)

I'm glad that he's so humble. A lot of fans are asking for more screentime for Gary's character (Warrick), but it seems from the interview that he's enjoying what The-Powers-that-Be are giving him.
If I were him, I'd request for more screentime and/or a raise. :lol:

Back