Dourdan Arrested

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Apr 29, 2008.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Cocaine and heroin were among the drugs allegedly found with a <I>CSI</I> star.<p><I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I>'s <font color=yellow>Gary Dourdan</font> (Warrick Brown) was arrested in Palm Springs, California yesterday according to <A class="link" HREF="http://www.etonline.com/">ET Online</a>. A police officer noticed his car parked on the wrong side of the road at 5:12am. Dourdan appeared to be sleeping in the driver's seat.<p>The officer said the actor seemed disoriented and possibly under the influence of drugs or alcohol. When the car was searched, police found what they suspect to be cocaine, heroin, ecstasy and prescription drugs. Dourdan was taken to jail, where he posted $5,000 bail and was released.<p>This news comes two weeks after it was <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/150408_01.shtml">announced</a> that Dourdan would be leaving <I>CSI</I>. <font color=yellow>Ausiello</font> reports that the decision to leave may not have been mutual, implying that the actor was essentially <A class="link" HREF="http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Ausiello-Scoop-Mystery/800037798">fired</a> due to an "ongoing problem personal to Dourdan." The recent arrest for drug possession is not the actor's first run in with the law. In 2005, Dourdan was ordered to attend domestic-violence counseling, and just last year, the star was videotaped getting into a fight with a photographer from <A class="link" HREF="http://www.tmz.com/">TMZ</a>.<p>The original article is from <A class="link" HREF="http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/04/61090/index.html">ET Online</a>. CSI Files will keep an eye out for updates on this story.<center></center>

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

This is not a good season for Gary.

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Oh dear, that's a sad story if what they are reporting is correct. :( I hope Gary gets any help that he needs.

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Thats so sad :(

I clicked on the TMZ link and as I scrolled down there was a pick labelled 'Booking photo' or something, Do you think thats real?....he doesnt look that good!

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Crikey, that just brought down my whole afternoon. :eek: I definitely feel for the guy, hopefully he does find help and support through all of this.

6. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

If this report is to be believed, then that is probably why he is being fired... Sad very sad indeed.

7. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Like I said in the Dourdan Thread, this will change the why I perceive his character during past episodes, and change the way I feel during the finale. I lost a lot of respect for him after this.

8. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

well, i didn't want to say it before, but i just knew it was drugs...this is why he is leaving and this is probably the reason we haven't seen a lot of warrick. Heroin is BAD...he is in big trouble with his health. Good thing he is a celeb, otherwise he would be looking at 25 years in the US for drugs.

9. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

what struck me was that it was heroin. i mean i can understand (though barely) coke, meth or weed. but heroin? it's a ticket straight to grave. maybe, what, 10% addicts get out of it?

so basically we got our answer, and i totally agree with you xfcanadian. TPTB realized Gary is on drugs, and they probably figured out the heroin part also. it's a russian rulette and if it's as bad as it looks, it means Gary could go to hospital any time (or worse) and they didn't want to take any chances.

i'm looking forward to seeing him in Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew. lmao

10. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Wow that is ashame about Gary. I've noticed in the last several shows before and after the strike that he was not looking as good as he had in previous seasons. It's sad when for what ever reasons people let themselves and their health down. I truly hope he seeks help for whatever his problems are.

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

WOW, that's really heartbreaking that he felt he needed to turn to drugs.
    I hope he can get his life turned around. Now it makes sense, his not returing to CSI.

Best of Luck Gary!

12. byline

byline CSI Level One

Very sad news. Especially sad that art seemed to imitate life, in his case.

13. allmaple

allmaple Judge

incredibly sad news. i wonder if they knew about this before giving warrick a drug problem? one would hope not. as sad as it is that this is how gary is leaving, it is a good thing in a way. you hear a lot about actors with drug problems and everyone in the industry looks the other way. at least since there is a massive consequence for gary and maybe he will get the help he needs.

14. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

I'm sorry, but you can't lump pot in with coke and meth.

That's really upsetting. I would rather that CBS forced Dourdan into mandatory drug counsellings and maintained his spot on the show rather than just firing him. Talk about fueling a habit. Drug users do not deserved to be abandoned at their time of need. Best of luck to him kicking the habit.

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

You're right they don't need to be abandoned, but they are also smart enough to know that they shouldn't start the drugs in the first place.

It's also not fueling the problem, keeping him on the show and letting him work and continue being late and doing drugs without any consequences would be enabling his problem, not fixing it.

And their place of employments do not have to deal with it nor should they have to. However, I do like your suggestion to kind of give him an ultimatium: get help or you off the show. Unfortunately, until he realizes he has a problem, there will be no help.

I have alcoholics in my family and very close friends who have dealt with drug addiction in their families. At some point, you just can't deal with it anymore. It's not an easy thing to live with. Then when the person refuses to get help, there is only so much you can do. All you can do is wish they hit bottom and get the help they need before it's too late and be there when they finally get that help.

I really hope this is a wakeup call for Gary and he gets the help he needs and his family and friends stand by him when he does.

I really wish Gary all the best, because I also know it's a sickness, but a sickness that didn't have to happen in the first place.