Do you Watch- BOSTON LEGAL

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by vegaslights, May 18, 2005.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Ever since The Practice left, I am leary about watching BOSTON LEGAL. Is it any good?

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Thread name: "Do you Watch- BOSTON LEGAL." Not lately. The network, in its misguided wisdom, decided to save the final five episodes of this season for NEXT season. But it was good while it lasted. Seeing Trek stars Shatner and Auberjonois was great. Candice Bergen and Betty White improved it when they joined. Try it; you'll like it (if and when it returns, probably on Tuesday nights).

3. Dynamo1

Did anyone see a familiar face on Boston Legal last night? Marc Vann (a.k.a. Conrad Ecklie) played District Attorney Scott Berger.

Great cast. Other familiar faces:
    Michael McKean (Lenny on "Laverne & Shirley")
    Susan Ruttan (Roxanne on "L A Law")
    Anthony Heald (Vice Principal Guber on "Boston Public")
    Henry Gibson ("Rowan & Martin's Laugh In")
    Lisa Banes (Mayor Massengil on "Son of the Beach")

And that's in addition to the main cast members.

4. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I love Boston Legal :D
    Mostly because of James Spader *faints* but also found other things too.. And William Shatner is just great as Denny Crane :lol:

5. coolcatz

coolcatz Head of the Swing Shift

i love this show. spader and shatner together totally rock!

6. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

I watch it sometimes. It's not an "appointment" show for me, but I usually enjoy it when I hapen to cacth an ep.

7. Dynamo1

I couldn't find a more recent thread for Boston Legal, so I'll add this news here.

From TV Guide online:

Heads are rolling over at Crane Poole & Schmidt.

Julie Bowen, Mark Valley, Rene Auberjonois and Constance Zimmer have all been let go from the show, sources tell me. ABC and David E. Kelley Productions declined comment, but a Legal insider confirms that "their contract options were not picked up."

To fill the void, Night Court's John Larroquette is joining the show as a series regular next season, but he won't be reprising his Emmy-winning role from Kelley's The Practice. Instead, he will be playing an attorney from the New York offices of CP&S. Also Dirt's Tara Summers will be coming on board as a young associate. Finally, current cast member Christian Clemenson (Jerry) has been upped to series regular.

8. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Yay for CC getting a regular spot but boo for the ones leaving. (okay, Denise and Brad I could take or leave, but I liked RA's and CZ's characters)

9. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

NNNNNNOOO :eek: I mean RA wasn't there much anyways but I guess he was great addition to all 'madness' :lol:

We just started season 2 here ( I don't understand why channel decided to keep 18 months break :rolleyes: ) and last night they showed the episode where Denny and Alan were in Canada. Two so wonderful quotes

[from imdb.com]

Alan Shore: This book, "A Stain Upon The Sea" it's all about these sea lice.
    Denny Crane: Interesting.
    Alan Shore: They call them cling ons.
    Denny Crane: Did you say Klingons?

:lol: That was SO THERE because of Shatner :lol: :lol:

Then another

Alan Shore: [addressing a Canadian court] Oh, yes, mindful that abroad people tend to expect shock and awe when Yankees arrive on the scene, we shall leave you with two small but lasting words.
    Denny Crane: Denny Crane, eh?

Reminded me about the lovely Canadian thread we have down there at Misc

"eh" :lol:

10. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Love the show also. Interesting case and Spader & Shatner are great together.

DENNY CRANE!

11. Messers_cupcake

Messers_cupcake Lab Technician

I have seen season one and two.... it's a nice and funny show. Alan is the best. I like him even if he's a a$$hole... but it's the same with House. They're arogant but i like it anyway.

I love James Spader since years and Shatner is a funny guy :lol: they are a great team :D

12. Bev

Bev Pathologist

Next to CSI, this is one of my favorite shows. I watch regularly.

I'm bummed to see RA leave the show. He was so good in his part. I think they could have done a lot more with his character.

I don't mind MV and JB going. MV's character got on my nerves and JB just had a baby in real life.

Denny Crane for president!