"Do dreams come true?" - A Danny/Lindsay/Flack story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by CarmineFan, Jan 11, 2007.

1. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

I wrote a little fanfiction. It's my first one and I hope you like it.

Danny woke up after a nightmare. He sweated like mad and couldn’t imagine falling asleep again. So he got up and opened the window. A gently draft of air surrounded him and he looked back on his dream.

Danny had finished the report half an hour ago and now he waited for Lindsay. She had asked him out for dinner to talk about something really important but Danny couldn’t imagine what that ‘important thing’ could be.

Danny reached for his mobile phone to call Lindsay but at that moment she called his name.
    He turned and saw her walking towards him.

“Where’ve you been, Montana? Thought you won’t appear anymore. I was about to call you and ask where you are.”

“I’m sorry, Danny! I had a conversation with Mac about the case I’m working on. Please forgive me.”

Danny couldn’t be angry with her. He would forgive her everything.

Half an hour later Danny and Lindsay sat together in a nice restaurant. They were waiting for their dinner. Danny was still guessing what Lindsay would like to talk about but he said nothing and waited for Lindsay to start.

“Danny, you know I wanted to talk to you about something important but I don’t really know where to start.”

“I’d say from the beginning, Montana. This can’t be so difficult!”

“Oh, Danny! I mean it serious. This isn’t easy for me. Stop joking, please.”

“Sorry, Lindsay. Now I’ll listen to you, I promise.”

“Okay. Please let me finish first and answer then. I’m sure you feel that there’s something between us. I see it in the way you look at me and the way you talk to me. I recognized it some time ago and I wanted to talk to you earlier but I hadn’t the courage to do it,” Lindsay breathed deeply and continued than. “Danny, I love you.”

Danny, who sat there and listened to her carefully, didn’t know what to say. He was speechless. Sure, he dreamed of being together with her, but now she surprised him. Getting his language back, Danny took Lindsay’s hands.

“Well, now it’s me who don’t really know what to say. I’m overwhelmed of your words. Lindsay, I have feelings for you, too. I …”

Suddenly Don Flack entered the restaurant and ran towards their table. He reached for Danny’s hands and looked into his eyes.

“Danny, I love you. I love you to death.”

Danny got still goose skin with the thought on it. How could this come to his head? He didn’t know. Danny closed the window and went into the bathroom to get ready for work.
    It was 10 am and Danny sat in his office. Suddenly Lindsay came in and sat down in front of his desk.

“Danny, do you want to go out for dinner with me this evening? There’s something really important I want to talk about with you.”

2. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

hmmmmm......I hope everything comes true excpet for the Flack/Danny slash possibility.....b/c it freaks me out just as much it does Danny :lol:

I love it so far, keep up the good work :)

3. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

OMG A DANNY/FLACK story?????!!!! AWESOME!!! i love that one :D

4. CarmineFan

Thank you!
    I'm working on the next part of the story

5. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

CarmineFan bumping this up for you so hope this helps you out.

I know you said you had an update to post.

6. CarmineFan

I'm sorry that I couldn't finish my update earlier. A virus "ate" some of my data so I had to write the hole story again :(

But after some time I finished this:

For a moment Danny was speechless. His dream shot into his head and he looked at Lindsay with wide opened eyes.

“Danny, what’s up? I didn’t ask you to marry me. I just want to go out for dinner with you.”
    “Oh, it’s nothing. I’d really like to go to dinner with you, Montana. How could I say no?!”

“You’re so sweet, Danny. But wait until we finished dinner, ok? I hope you’ll go out with me again after this evening”

“Don’t be worried, my sweetheart. Let’s go and have dinner together.”

As the two of them were walking, they didn’t talk. Danny was wondering what Lindsay had meant with her last phrase. What could be so horrible that he won’t go out with her again? Danny couldn’t imagine.

Lindsay was walking next to Danny and felt this strange atmosphere that was around them. The silence was a little embarrassing but she knew that Danny was thinking about something and she didn’t want to interrupt him. If she had wanted to, she wouldn’t have known what to say. Lindsay hoped that Danny would make the start, but he didn’t.

After some time Danny and Lindsay arrived at the restaurant and entered. Now the atmosphere had changed and they were talking about their last case. The two of them sat down at a table next to the window.

An hour later Danny and Lindsay finished dinner. Now it was time for Lindsay to say what was on her mind. She was scared of Danny’s reaction. But she had to talk to him.

“Danny, you know I wanted to talk to you about something important but I don’t really know where to start.”

What did she say? Wasn’t that the exactly phrase from his dream? That was the second sign this day.

7. Tristianna

Tristianna Police Officer

Kepp up the good work. This is amazing. Would love to read more in the future.

8. CarmineFan

Thanks. I had the idea of taking a co-writer into the boat.
    Perhaps anyone of you want to help me with my fanfic...

9. Tristianna

I would be honored to help you in any way. You can PM me or reach me on my ICQ.

10. Tristianna

Welpers, I am currently working with Carminefan in getting these updates going. I have the third part and she is working on the fourth. @Carminefan: I went and looked over this one more time and decided to change wording on a few things, to make this easier on your part.
    ---

Danny just stared off for a second in space. Was this real? He was thinking about that dream. He knew this had to be coming true. He wasn’t going to blurt it out, that was for sure. He just kind of went along according to what he knew from the dream.

“I’d say from the beginning, Montana. This can’t be too difficult!”

Lindsay just looked over with a bit of bewilderment. She knew something was up, but just wanted to say what was on her mind. She wanted to get it off her chest and fast, so it jsut kind of came right out.

“Oh Danny! I mean it serious. This isn’t easy for me. Stop joking, please.”

Danny didn’t know what to think. About what Lindsay had to say or about what was going on. He had to stay in touch with reality, despite the fact that his own dream, the one he didn’t want to come true, was coming true with every passing moment.

“I will listen to you now Lindsay. No more jokes, I promise.”

She just smiled and took a heavy breath. Danny prepared himself for what was about to come next.

“Okay. Please let me finish first and answer then. I’m sure you feel that there’s something between us. I see it in the way you look at me and the way you talk to me. I recognized it some time ago and I wanted to talk to you earlier but I hadn’t the courage to do it,” Lindsay breathed deeply and continued then. “Danny, I love you.”

He was both breathless and shocked. He knew that this was the exact same place and the exact same time. He knew those were the exact same words. Lindsay just kept silent, waiting on Danny’s reaction, yet Danny apparently was not in the same world she was in. He was right back to that dream. He knew what was coming next, so he just went with it.

“Well now I seem to be the one who doesn’t know what to say. I have had feelings for you as well Lindsay. I…I…”

Danny heard the door open and saw Don Flack walk into the room. The air around him got very thin as Don rushed towards the table. He knew it all along. His heart was beating about as fast as it could beat. He was trying not to pass out.

“Danny, I love you. I love you to death.”

His skin crawled with goose bumps as his breath just left him. Everything that was in his thoughts from the previous night was there in front of him at that moment. He had no idea what to do or say. He just knew he had to do something.

11. CarmineFan

Ok, everybody. Here's the forth part. It's a bit little but more will follow soon, I hope ;)

--------------------

“No, I don’t want to hear that. No, this is not real!” Danny shouted and everyone was looking at him.

“Danny, what’s wrong with you? What don’t you want to hear and what is not real?” Lindsay was worried. Danny looked like he had seen a ghost. His face was white and his eyes wide opened.

“Danny, talk to me. Please…” She would have cried but she wanted to be strong. Something was wrong with him and he needed her help.

“I want to go. I can’t stay here any longer.” Danny reached for his jacket and went towards the door.

Lindsay was speechless. This was the reaction she had imagined, but in this case it wasn’t her fault. She paid and followed Danny outside, but she couldn’t see him. Where had he gone? Lindsay didn’t know. So she decided to go home and talk to Danny the next day.

12. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

haha, I'm not a fan of slash and the biggest of D/L... but this is too funny even though I'm feeling sorry for poor Linds. :) Good luck, sweetie! (And we're missing you ALOT over at the D/L thread... ;))

13. Tristianna

OK, in advance to Carminefan and everyone reading this: Family matters kept me out of town for a bit, I am back and here to write another part. This may be a bit small, but I hope I can keep the story going.
    -------

Danny got home and had locked his door. He was trying to determine if this was real. The dream he had and then everything in the restaraunt.

"No," he said to himself, "this cannot be happening. Keep telling yourself this and everything will be fine."

He went digging around for his journal in his bedroom when he heard the phone ring. It was Lindsay. He didn't want to speak to her or to Don. He was mad and embarrassed at the same time. He decided to let the machine pick it up.

"Danny, its Lindsay. I just wanted to say that whatever happened in the restaraunt.....just call me. I want to know if you are all right."

The machine clicked and Danny was sitting on his bed. He kicked his shoes off, threw down his pen and journal on the bed and took a heavy sigh.

"Why, of all things, did this have to happen to me? I mean, I have heard of the love bug....but jeez, this takes the cake. I gotta calm down and think."

He opened his journal and wrote down what he was feeling:

...if ever there was a time to want to stop dreaming, now would be it. Everything that has happened to me in the past few hours, its just a mess. I don't want to be alone, but I never wanted this to happen to me either. I just want someone to care for. Can it happen? Only time will tell...

He finished writing and then listened to the traffic and dozed off.
    -----
    Hope you all enjoy!

14. Chris_miami

Chris_miami Hit and Run

oooh! you guys make a great pair of writers! Keep up the great work, I really want to know where this is going.

15. Forensics_annie

Forensics_annie Witness

yes they do!!