Delayed Inffinity

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by beautifuldisaster, Jul 23, 2009.

1. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

Ok here's a fanfic! Its EDeN!!!! It's not a songfic but I think will still like it! If not let me know! After the first part from both of their point of views, its flashback and then the point of views will probably come into play later. Anyway here is the story so get to reading!

Chapter 1

(Erics P.O.V.)

Maybe it was the way her hair fell in her eyes when she tilted her head to the side. Maybe it was the way she looked at him whenever they had a conversation. Or maybe it was the way she melted into him whenever they hugged each other. Whatever it was, it did not matter. All that he knew was that he finally realized that he loved her. It was one of those days. It was a day that he just wanted to see her. Another day that he was not with her, another day that would pass without her knowing how he felt and of course, another day without him doing anything about it. He was scared. Scared of the rejection, the pain, of being alone. He longed to be with someone, someone who actually cared for him, who cared about what happened to him and he wanted to matter to someone. She was right in front of him and it took him a while to realize it. But when he finally did realize it, it was too late; too late for him, too late for her, too late for them. She had moved on from him and he had made the biggest mistake of his life. She had poured her heart out to him and told him that she loved him and he responded by turning away from her.

(Natalias P.O.V.)

It was not supposed to happen, really, it was not. It was all the same routine dinner at Erics house, maybe a movie or some television and then just hanging out and chatting; catching up on time spent away from each other or just simply talking to each other about nothing at all. Simple things that friends did, it was something they did all the time and it had become routine, something that she had grown comfortable with. Comfort for Natalia, however, was no longer enough. She was tired of pretending to feel one way when her heart was clearly telling her something else. But somehow, it had happened and there was nothing that could be done. It happened so easily and quickly and how she had not noticed it before as it was in front of her the whole time. She had fallen in love with him. Her best friend. Her lab buddy. Her brother. Yeah, right, her brother. The term brother-sister relationship was thrown out the window almost as quickly as last weeks leftovers were left in the fridge too long. The question was, would he feel the same way?

She watched him from the island in the kitchen as he started making their dinner. Dinner tonight was at her house.

"Hey, Nat, what do you feel like tonight?"

"Hmm, I feel like breakfast."

"Breakfast?" Eric asked as he had a confused look on his face.

"Yeah, breakfast. Pancakes to be exact." Natalia said as she smiled.

"Alright, pancakes it is."

Half an hour later, they had managed to burn ten pancakes and get most of the batter on the floor and counter. Goofing off was always more fun that just cooking anyway.

"Eric, I think we made a mess." She said as she looked around the kitchen.

"Ha, ya think?" Eric said as he laughed and looked around as well.

Almost all nights spent together were like this. Innocent fun that never really turned out to be anything more and nights ended with just a hint of uncertainty between them. Neither ever wanted the night to end but promises of future get-togethers kept them going. It was a welcomed friendship between them, one without intention where they could just be
    themselves.

"How about you clean up the mess and I clean up the plate?" Natalia said
    as she pointed at the plate.

"Nat, there are only pancakes on the plate." Eric said as he let a little chuckle out.

"Exactly. Ill clean the plate by eating the pancakes while I watch you clean. Deal?" She said as she turned to grab the
    plate of pancakes.

"I dont think so." Eric said as he grabbed the bowl of batter and she turned around.

Before she could say anything else he had taken a handful of batter and smeared it all over her face.

"Thats it Delko, youre gonna get it!"

They ran around the house throwing batter at each other and getting it everywhere else in the process. She managed to
    tackle him onto the couch and continued to cover his hair and face in pancake batter.

"I surrender! Taliaaaaa!" Eric said as he threw his hands in the air in a surrenderin way.

"Hahaha, I am the official pancake champion." She said as she licked the batter off her fingers.

Silliness quickly faded and seriousness replaced it. The realization of how close they were got to them and silence fell.

It was too easy.

"Dont do it." Natalia she thought to herself.

"Dont make a fool of yourself." But she did it anyway; she kissed him.

Timid and unsure at first, it quickly grew to a deeper and more passionate kiss. However, as quickly as it started, it was
    finished. He was the one who pulled away first, and he was the one who chose to leave.

"Wait, Eri-" She said as she followed him to the front door.

"I-should-go-Ill-call-you-tomorrow-bye." Eric said as he opened the door and shut it in her face.

And with that, he was gone and she was left alone, confused as ever.

Let me know what ya'll think!

2. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! MORE I NEED MORE I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::)

Isn't it sad I have read this 10 times already just because I love the panckae fight.:lol: I really wanna know what happens next.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  3. beautifuldisaster

Haha! Ok here's an update! I'm glad you like it!

Chapter 2

4:26 AM.

Eric let out a heavy sigh and replayed the nights events over in his head for what seemed to be the millionth time. Natalia had kissed him, the touch of her lips still lingering on his. This was something he had been waiting for and wanting for as long as he could remember and he had reacted by running out on her.

4:27 AM.

He tossed and turned and kicked off the covers. Sleep could not find him and he was still restless. He sat up and picked up one of the pictures that were on his nightstand. There were plenty of pictures of people he loved his mom, his sisters, Natalia.

4:28 AM.

The picture he had in his hand is his favorite. It was a picture from the Christmas party at the lab where she had hopped on his back playin around for a picture. His heart race as he remembered that night. They had spent the entire night together reminiscing about the past and planning the next time they would see each other. Their goodbye the next day was long and bittersweet.

4:29 AM.

He let out another sigh, put the picture back in its place and grabbed his phone. He dialed the familiar number and felt his heart sank as the call went straight to voicemail.

"Hey, whats up this Natalia and Im not here and youre not here so leave a message so we can meet up and both be here. Byyyeee!"

"Hey, Nat, its me. I was just calling to say, well, I was hoping you would pick up so we could talk, but I obviously youre sleeping because its 4:29 in the morning and of course youd have your phone off and well, I guess what Im trying to say is, um, call me back. Bye."

4:30 AM.

While staring at his phone he contemplated getting into his car and driving over to her house and fixing the situation. Of course he had no idea how he would do that so he just returned the phone to its charger, crawled back into bed, closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

--------------------------------

A ringing from her phone wakes Natalia from her sleep. Her eyes squint as she tries to remember where she is. She had fallen asleep on the couch because she was too exhausted to move. Contemplating on answering the phone she decides against it, as she does not want to deal with anyone right now. She had made a complete fool of herself with him and she feared that she might have ruined what was already between them. Had she not been so selfish to want more from their relationship none of this would have happened and he would probably still be here.

The ringing continues and she sits up to answer the phone. By the time she gets to it, however, it has already gone to voicemail so she throws it onto the chair next her and returns to the couch. Glancing over to the clock she sees that is 4:30 in the morning.

She could still feel him. His scent lingered and it enveloped her senses.

She could not forget the look on his face after he pulled away and how quickly it changed when he realized what had just happened. But for the split second he let his guard, the moment before his head took over his heart she knew that she saw the same longing in his eyes, even if it was brief.

Sighing, she ran her fingers through her hair and picked up her phone. She knew he was the one who called and she considered calling him back. Before she knew it her fingers were dialing his number and she was nervously waiting for him to pick up. Voicemail. Of course. It was nearly five in the morning.

"Hey its Eric. You know what to do at the beep."

"Hi. Its me. *long pause* I dont know what happened last night, I dont know why you ran out, and I dont know why I did what I did, but please, I need to talk to you. I need to see you. Most of all, I need you."

With that she hung up her and lay down again. She had never needed anyone the way she needed him. This need was deep, it was complete. She was always someone who could do it all on her own, someone who was independent and she never thought that she would ever feel this way about anyone. But he was not just anyone. He was different. All she wanted was someone to love and to love her back. Someone she could run too, who could comfort her when she was down, and tell her that everything would be okay. She just wanted to feel complete and she thought she had found it in him, but clearly he did not feel the same way. Nights spent together had no hidden meaning for him as they did for her and those warm embraces and late night phone calls were things shared between two friends, nothing more.

She let out a deep breath and turned over onto her side. Her part was done for the night and now it was up to him. With that, she closed her eyes and drifted off into a restless sleep.

Eric played her message over and over again since he had woken up. She had said that she needed him, that she wanted to see him. He wanted so badly to tell her that he felt the same way, but he just could not bring himself to do it. Had he not been hurt so badly in the past, things might have turned out differently last night. He might not have run out on her and she would not be hurting because of him.

"Whats done is done" he thought to himself.

Calling her back was something he needed to do, if he did not have enough courage to actually see her. She would be leavin in 4 days to go back to New York to visit her parents.

A quick glance over to a picture of his mother and father reminds him of how precious time is and every moment spent thinking of saying something, is a moment wasted for actually doing something. He had already made the mistake of not telling his father how he felt before he died and he was not going to make the same mistake with Natalia.
    He grabbed his keys, looked at the photo one more time and said...

"Thanks, dad."

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

*applaudes* Both chapters are awesome, hon. Keep it up. :)

5. beautifuldisaster

Thank you very much! Workin on the 3rd chapter. Should be up by tomorrow! :)

6. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Yet another wonderful chapter!! Keep it up!! This is my drug and I'm addicted!!

7. beautifuldisaster

haha Im glad your addicted! I should be able to update it alot cuz I dont start school till later in August! So I'm workin day and night on it! I will have to ask on yalls opinion....I dont know if it can be allowed on here! But I'm sure yall would love it! And I'm addicted to your story too Mrs.DelkoWolfe!

8. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

I think the FanFics on here have to be PG-13 so if your planning a little romp:drool: (and you know what I mean ) you might want to save two different versions one PG-13 and the other you'll just have to PM to us!;)

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

If you're referrring to sexual content - here is a post made from TBonz about the subject -- it should help.

10. beautifuldisaster

Ok that helps! I'll PM everyone what I had in mind! I guess I'll have to come up with something different! I think when I send the PM ya'll will be kinda in shock! But thanx for lettin me know! :)

11. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Oh boy oh boy oh boy I can't wait!!!:drool::drool:

12. beautifuldisaster

Haha I bet you cant!!!! Sorry I havent undated! Ive been horseback ridin all day! It was a sudden thing! I had not planned it! So the next chapter should be up later today! :)

13. beautifuldisaster

Ok heres chapter 3! Hope yall enjoy!

Chapter 3

Natalia glanced out the window and noticed the sky had turned bright and the sun had risen. She had not moved from her spot on the couch since she lay down to sleep last night - but that was of no use since she fell asleep only to wake up an hour later. The person she usually ran to with her problems was the problem this time and she had no idea what to do now.

Looking towards the beach she thinks to herself, maybe a walk will clear my mind. She goes up stairs and changes into jeans and a nice shirt and heads to the beach.

The beach is unusually dreary underneath the dark clouds. Long gone is the sun as it is hidden behind them. Small waves touch the sand and the
    water is cloudy. Her surroundings match her feelings.

She sits down a few feet away from her porch and thinks back to last night. The two of them alone like always except for the sudden awareness of how different their friendship was now. Unconsciously she listens to a song being played from the house next door.

"You and me all alone
    Its too late to say we didnt know
    We shouldnt be all alone
    One of us might lose control
    Of these feelings weve been hiding
    Deep down they might start to show
    Not here not now watch my frustrations grow"

Frustration. There wasnt a better word for it. She was frustrated and confused.

"If you get any closer then Im going to have to scream" Natalia let out a sigh and said aloud, "Please Eric, tell me what to do."

"Show me who you are
    Stop me before I go too far
    It hurts to hold back
    So hold me or I might crack
    Im gasoline youre the match
    Im not sure if we can handle that
    We might explode could be a mess
    I say we take the chance"

The wind blows and rips all around her disrupting her thoughts.

"If we wait a minute longer it could be the death of me" She thinks she sees someone in the distance but cannot make out whom it is. Probably one of the neighbors, she says to herself and continues on with listening to the song. She had never heard this song before.

"Im mixed up confused
    And I dont know what to do
    I want to and Id love to
    If I knew youd want me to"
    "I know what I feel and you feel it too..." She thinks to herself as she lets out a sigh.
    ----------------------------------------
    Eric walks around to the back of the house after realizing there was no one in the house. He finds her sitting in the sand, staring out into the water as the wind blows her hair all around her. He wants so desperately to just take her in his arms and make everything right. But for now, he would hold back on that. Right now he would be himself.

He walks up behind her and says...

"Hi." He puts a hand on her shoulder and winces as he feels her flinch ever so slightly.

She turns around slowly and looks up at him with her big brown eyes. He is struck momentarily by the emotion he sees in her eyes. His heartbeat quickens and his breath catches as she says...

"Eric, I was hoping you would come." she says with a smile. She stands up and they are now toe-to-toe, so close that her hair grazes his chest as the wind blows.

He smiles back, unsure of what to say to her.

"I, uh, got your message."

"Oh, yeah" she whispers. Turning her eyes downward she says...

"I, uh, we, need to talk." She places a hand over his heart and feels its pace quicken.

He lifts her chin with a finger so that he can look into her eyes.

"Yeah? Talk about what?"

They were now inches apart and it was killing her. Her heart ached knowing how close they were and not be able to do anything about it.

"Natalia?" Eric said snapping her out of her thoughts.

"You okay?"

"Yeah." she says lightly.

"I just, I, uh, I needed to see you.' She sighed and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Inside she was going all kinds of crazy. There was so much she wanted to say but she did not know how to say it.

"I dont really know what Im trying to say but..."
    Interrupting her he took a step closer and said...

"Here, let me help." and bent down and kissed her softly. This time, however, he did not pull away. He kisses her with all that was in him, kissing her like hes always dreamed of doing ever since the day they met.

Tender. Timid. Unsure at first is how they are feeling. Confident. That is how the kiss is now. His hands are tangled up in her hair and her hands are wrapped around his neck. They move closer to each other. They wanted to get as close as possible.

Pulling back a bit he says...

"Did that help?"

"No." she manages to whisper.

"It made me forget even more." She smiles at him and runs her fingers along the bottom of his hair.

"Oh, well isnt that a shame?" He says with a smirk.

"Yeah, it is." she says and kisses him once more before letting go.

Let me know what yall think!

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

:D:D Sweet & romantic, loving it!

15. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

<Scream and does happy dance> I loved it!!!:hugegrin::hugegrin::adore::adore:

I wonder what you originally had in mind;)