David Caruso To Remain With 'Miami' Until The End

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Apr 4, 2006.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Even CSI: Miami star <font color=yellow>David Caruso</font> (Horatio Caine) was pleasantly surprised to hear of the show's success overseas.

"In a funny way, we are more resonant in the foreign markets than we are domestically," he told the Hollywood Reporter recently. "That's why I think it is very important to come and connect with the journalists here and viewers here because our relationship with the larger landscape is here."

The actor refers to the recent announcement that humbly crowned CSI: Miami the most watched show on the planet. The show has been a massive success in various European and Asian countries, where viewers prefer to see Horatio Caine narrowly escape explosions every week than follow Gil Grissom through the lab. The oversea numbers combined with the US ratings make the show the globe's favorite.

Miami's popularity continues to grow, and while his Las Vegas counterpart is already talking about retiring his character, Caruso admitted he's in it till the end. "I think I found my niche," he said. "You say, well, you'll be on the show for another five years. I don't see it that way. I see it like, well, I get a chance to do my job for as long as they let me on this show: the daily pursuit of the scene. And that's what I got into this business for in the first place."

Visit Reuters to read the original article.<center></center>

2. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Yes, I had read this and was so happy to hear it. He knows a hit show when he sees it.

3. Annika

Annika Prime Suspect

Or he learnt something about his acting abilities

4. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Well he says he had learned from his mistakes. I am glad to hear that and I hope the show has a nice long run.

5. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I can't say I'm surprised at this, he seems to really enjoy Miami and is really appreciative of his part. I am more than happy to watch him until the end! Grrrr :lol:

6. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Me likes the news too....

I don't want to sound rude btu I think he wouldn't leave another show like... that :lol:

7. Guest

Guest Guest

So glad the main man is staying love him in this role . Love the way he's always in his sunglasses ( even Inside!!) and looks sideways on to the camera ....CSI Miami was the first series I watched and am still hooked ... Its the best by far

8. polina

polina Rookie

it ` s a really great news, I hope Miami will run as long as it possible, and you all will be able to see DC more

9. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

No I have a feeling he learned his lesson some time ago. He was young & made mistakes. From what I've read he's come along way in what 12 yrs? I have to respect him for that.

10. AlyssaluvsDanny

AlyssaluvsDanny Coroner

Thats great news. I cant imagine watching Miami without seeing him, or knowing that he wont be on the episode.

11. CSI_Grissom

CSI_Grissom Lab Technician

i really cant imagine miami without him, i really cant, that makes me so excited! i will certainly watch him to the end, whatver it may be

btw, i love your icon tink, it made me laugh, i love those two :lol:

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Good to know the SOJ [Sunglasses of Justice] are remaining on the show. :p

13. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Thanks CSI_Grissom! :D I've changed it now. :lol: But I also love them both, it's a great show. :)

I have to agree, I really couldn't imagine Miami without him, it would be very strange. I'm glad us DC fans need not worry about him leaving. :cool: