CTV Question for CSI

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by letsdance, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. letsdance

letsdance Lab Technician

Is CTV (Canadian Channel) not showing CSI anymore?? Cause I saw I commercial on CTV for Grey's Annatomy, and apparently GA is at the same time as CSI, and the commercial said "Grey's Annatomy Coming in September on CTV"... So is CSI still going to be the same time as CSI :confused:

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Well, CSI might be pushed back to 9 pm, instead of the usual 10 pm slot so that it can compete in the ratings with Greys Anatomy. But so far, I haven't heard that CSI is being taken off the list of shows on CTV this year. (And CTV is known for changing times around frivolously)

Of course, CTV isn't known to get a lot of their times and dates right. So I'd wait until premier time to find out for sure. ;)

And I guess it depends where you live. Toronto sometimes doesn't pick up certains shows until later, and if you live further west, it's different. So really it depends on where you're from in Canada.

3. rwf05

rwf05 Hit and Run

for eastern time slot so far they have been playing Grays at 8 and CSI at 9

4. Depth-Of-Love

Depth-Of-Love Lab Technician

umm is ctv canadian...im really not sure...does anybody know??
    and i sure hope csi still comes on..im sure it will!...a lot of people are in love with it so...

5. Finch

Yes, CTV is Canadian. It's Canada's largest privately-owned English language television network. :) It's owned by media conglomerate Bell Globemedia.

Although, there has never been an official explanation of the initials. Most people just refer to CTV as 'Canadian Television'.

And since CTV has received high ratings for CSI, it's very unlikely that they'll be taking it off the schedule this year. :)

(Source: wikipedia.org )

6. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Yeah, CTV will most likely air Grey's at 8 and leave CSI at 9. I highly doubt CTV would move CSI's timeslot because it's so popular and because it corresponds with CBS's airing as well. But in the areas where it airs later, like at 10, CTV will probably leave CSI in its normal slot and put Grey's before it.

7. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Yup CTV is Canadian. I love that channel. I agree with what most of you guys said. I really don't think they are going to move CSI. I thought Greys Anatomy was always aired on ABC? :confused:

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Both CSI and Greys Anatomy premier on the 21st of September but well I live in Saskatchewan and its either Greys at 7 and then CSI at 8 or greys at 8 and CSI at 9. And if you see the commercial for the fall lineup preview for sunday on CTV it has CSI as one of the clips (the Grissom and Sara moment at the end of season 6 finale) so that to me pretty much means its going to stay and it was one of their number one shows so..

9. Finch

In Alberta, they already started airing Greys Anatomy on CTV last year, and it always came on before CSI. In my case, Greys would be on at 9, and CSI would be on at 10.

They also do commercials for the new season, and it has all the returning shows and CSI was on that list, along with Miami and NY. So it's doubtful they'll change the schedule. :) - As IGotSunshinne said.

10. letsdance

letsdance Lab Technician

This was on the CTV website:

THURSDAY
    Thursday is truly Must "C-T-V". A pre-release of The O.C at 7 p.m. leads straight into Grey's Anatomy, the only drama on the dial at 8 p.m. Then at 9p.m. it's television's No. 1 program CSI returning for another killer year. At 10 p.m., CTV returns the prolific ER, stronger than ever, to the timeslot. Look for more gains without time-slot competitor Without A Trace to compete with.
    (this is for Toronto time). So this question is answered.

11. melbel

melbel Pathologist

ctv is canwest isnt it!
    and how many channel;s

12. SKYLAR522

SKYLAR522 Hit and Run

Just checking in here after a long time away.

No. CTV is not CanWest. That's Global that is CanWest.

And the confusion this summer has been that CTV took CSI off the air for the summer to simulcast a competition reality show -- the name escapes me.

Basically, CTV's allegiance is to whichever show is getting the highest ratings. So if new episodes of Greys start to beat CSI, watch for a switch at 9PM. We may also see a lot of shifting around in weeks where CBS is showing a repeat CSI but ABC is showing a new Greys. CTV will likely then drop CSI for Greys at 9.

In some ways this is due to CRTC rulings. Where possible, Canadian channels have to simulcast American shows. The cable companies can then override the US signal with the Canadian, so that Canadians see Canadian ads, not US.

The problem with CTV's broadcast of CSI is that it almost NEVER shows previews of the next episode -- at least in the Eastern time slot. It's rather surprising considering CSI's supposed to be Canada's number 1 show. In fact, I rarely see ads for CSI at all on CTV but you can see ads for Greys, Desperate Housewives and ER up to three times an hour each on CTV.

It's made me wonder what's really going on with CTV and CSI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.