'CSI' Wins The Hour, But Ratings Dip In Week 2

CSI Files

Captain
The second episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’s twelfth season took the top spot on Wednesday, September 28. “Tell Tale Hearts” pulled in 11.65 million viewers, which was down nearly a million from the season premiere last week. However, this was still enough to beat competitors Revenge (8.55 million) and Law & Order: SVU (7.14 [...]

More...

Re: ?CSI? Wins The Hour, But Ratings Dip In Week 2

I feel pretty confident that the ratings will start to go up as the season progresses. It's still taking some time getting used to the day change, so that could be something that's affecting it at this point. The premiere had tons of promotion and episode two didn't have as much, and that could have been the problem this week. At the end of the day CSI is beating SVU and Revenge (by a good couple million, too) so I think it's in good shape right now. :)

Yeah, and even though the episode was down a million viewers from last week, it's pretty even with the season 11 finale - which was up more than a million from the past few episodes before it (I only went back a bit to check the older ratings). So I don't think these ratings are too bad, especially considering that it's in a new timeslot.

Hopefully the numbers will go up instead of down over the course of the season.

With so many people using DVR/Tivo could that have been the reason the amounts were down last night? I watched live, but I do DVR a lot of shows and watch them a few days later.

With so many people using DVR/Tivo could that have been the reason the amounts were down last night? I watched live, but I do DVR a lot of shows and watch them a few days later.
The 10pm hour is the heaviest dvr'd hour of television. Hawaii 5-0 and The Mentalist were among the top ten shows that were dvr'd last season. It will be interesting to see where CSI ranks. Unfortunately, the advertisers don't pay attention to those numbers because viewers will ff through the ads. But, I guess the network can at least see who is interested in their shows, FWIW.
I still think CSI is doing well enough, helping to make Wednesdays another strong night for CBS in all three hours.

Back