CSI Vests

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by sandman, Mar 29, 2007.

1. sandman

sandman Civilian

Wondering if anyone in the "know" knows who makes the vest they wear -supposedly they are the same that the real CSAs weaar.

2. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

I've seen some of the 'CSI' type vests in many basic law enforcement supply stores. There's a specific store called 'SWAT' that sells those vests. You have to buy your own patches to put on them however. I don't know if that helps..

3. Grisom_1991

Grisom_1991 Victim

CSI vest

where can i get a vest that is used in the series (Las Veags) you offten see nick stokes wearing one of these

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Re: CSI vest

Hi there, you could ask this question down in the Merchandise forum. :)

Someone has actually mentioned looking for one recently, in this thread. I hope that is of some use to you. :)

5. funkygirl

funkygirl Dead on Arrival

hmmmmmmmmmm what an interesting question :lol: if anybody does find out then can i be told please?

6. Grisom_1991

Grisom_1991 Victim

i will let you know funkygirl :lol:

7. scutter

scutter Civilian

I've been searching for one of these too. I know that the North LVPD CSI's do use them and so are a real piece of kit but have been unable to find a source for one.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/scutter3107/NLVPD.jpg

It's come to a point that I'm thinking of contacting someone who I know through Stargate costuming who makes Vests for Law Enforcement and EMS use, and see if he can take up the job of making me one.

I'll keep people updated on any outcomes of this, I'm sure He'll be more than willing if there's a possibility of further orders.

8. scutter

scutter Civilian

I've sent an email to the vest guy and this is something he has been meaning to do for a while but needs some hi res pics of the vest. So if anyone knows of any websites where I can find some hi res pics of the vest can you please post links. Thanks.

9. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

I'm not sure if people are still interested in what I mentioned above, but I'll update :lol:
    The store is SWAT: Sporting goods With A Twist, and they have Military, Law Enforcement, and Sporting Goods. If you live near Great Falls, Montana.. I have some contact info. I live in Canada, so I honestly couldn't tell you if there are more stores like it :lol:

10. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

As we already have a thread for CSI vests, I'll lock this one. *No longer locked* Please continue this topic here. Thanks. :)

*No longer locked. I've merged two threads on the same topic.* Elsie

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2008
  11. Grissom_Nick

Grissom_Nick Dead on Arrival

Well I just email my employer LVMPD and asked what type f vest's we use should have a reply tomorrow, LOL

BTW:
    anyone needs any info on forensics pm me as i am fully qualified :)