'CSI' Uses Guest Stars To Draw In Viewers

CSI Files

Captain
The appearance of teen singing sensation Justin Bieber in this week’s season premiere of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, “Shock Waves”, is part of a trend across television to utilize big name guest stars to keep fans tuning in. “I got this call saying that Justin loves CSI, so is there any chance he could be [...]

More...

I don't always like it, but I get it - although I'm more willing to accept a guest star like Ed Asner than Kim Kardashian. :p There's bringing in eyeballs with the addition of an extremely talented actor, and then there's bringing in eyeballs with ridiculous stunt casting.

I don't always like it, but I get it - although I'm more willing to accept a guest star like Ed Asner than Kim Kardashian. :p There's bringing in eyeballs with the addition of an extremely talented actor, and then there's bringing in eyeballs with ridiculous stunt casting.

Agreed. NY had a lot of stunt casting that was just . . . ugh, but this year they're going with big name, credible ACTORS which is a good thing. CSI just doesn't seem to have gotten the memo yet.

I wait to see if CSI can keep the viewers that will tune in because of Bieber.I know that most Bieber fans have nothing to do with CSI but who knows?

Back