'CSI' To End Season With A Massive Cliffhanger

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Mar 8, 2005.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

When <font color=yellow>Quentin Tarantino</font> is directing, there's no telling what to expect. But TV Guide this week revealed fans can definitely expect one thing: for this season to end with a cliffhanger.

The news that Tarantino would direct the season finale merged with a long time rumor about front man <font color=yellow>William Petersen</font> leaving the show, creating massive speculation about the fate of Gil Grissom. But despite his knack for blood, gore, danger, the producers insisted Tarantino is not out to 'Kill Gil'. "We have no intention of killing Gil," executive producer <font color=yellow>Carol Mendelsohn</font> told TV Guide. "We joked about calling it 'Kill Gil,' but that's really just a pun."

Gil Grissom is safe for now, but another character may not be so lucky. Mendelsohn revealed the season finale will put one of the characters in an unspecified life or death situation, and fans may have to wait until next season to learn the news of the character's fate. When asked which character might be taking the plunge, the producer only said one thing: "a member of Grissom's team."

The CSI graveyard shift was split into two teams in the episode "Mea Culpa" due to a mistake in overlooking evidence. Recently promoted Catherine Willows now leads the swing shift, with Warrick and Nick in her team, while Grissom leads the graveyard shift, which includes Greg, Sara, and recurring character Sofia Curtis.

Massive cliffhangers are uncharacteristic of CSI, which is famous for easing into summer hiatuses quietly. Previous season finales have left plotlines open for resolution – Grissom's hearing loss in season three and his relationship with Sara in season four – but this is the first time the writers will leave a character's fate hanging in the air.

The original blurb for this article can be found in this week's TV Guide. Thanks to <font color=yellow>Lysette van Erp</font> for this!<center></center>

2. wurlocke

wurlocke Lab Technician

But ... but ... but that leaves Greg or Sara? Sophia? waaahhhh! I'm going to be on pins and needles on this!

3. Drew

Drew Victim

Isn't Louise Lombard going off on maternity leave before the season final which would just leave Sara or Greg?

Considering her recent luck it will probablly be Sara. We still haven't got an actual answer for the drinking problem and I think it's because her mother got out of prison and is now looking for Sara.

4. szmanda

szmanda Pathologist

Good God! If Greg dies I die! I think it will be that Sophia chick. And if not her Sara, Greg's already been hurt and hospitalized, therefore I he better be safe.

5. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

It will probably be Sofia Curtis. She's.. unimportant.

6. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

I hoped it was Nick, so that he could have a worthy role in an episode and more screentime. But well, it's someone from Grissom's team. And I don't think it's Sofia cause she'll have her baby.

7. gregsandersfan

gregsandersfan Pathologist

They wouldn't kill Greg or Sara off, would they? :eek: :eek:

8. CanadianWinter

CanadianWinter CSI Level Two

if they kill off sara i wouldn't care. but greg! HES COOL!!! I dont think that they would do that, im sure some info will leak out.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

It will most likely not be Greg because he has allready been hurt and the early episodes focused on him and his promotion. I would love to see Greg get into something but of course survive cause i love watching his character progress.

10. beautiful_loser

beautiful_loser Pathologist

There are a lot of people who are thinking it might be Sophia, but does anyone else think that there's a possibility it could be Cathrine? I can imagine it would be because she's having a rough time with her new position and hinting towards a relationship with Warrick, which would definitely not be good for her career...Anyone? It's just a guess though, I'm leaning more towards Sara too...but--they just went through all of that stuff to get her back on the show, why would she leave ALREADY?!

This should be an interesting episode, regardless of who leaves.

11. Kristen9999

Kristen9999 CSI Level One

I have to agree. Its more likely Sophia or Sara. I love the whole cast, but I's hoped they give more screen time to someone other than Sara...oh well.

I'd like to see more Warrick..but if he gets involved with Cath..well thats his moment in the sun.

I thought for amoment it would be Nick..since well his character fits well with QT's way of writing...and the fact the poor guy has had no major storylines this season.

Oh well. I love QT so atleast the eppy will be fresh!

12. szmanda

szmanda Pathologist

I only wish, but she's not on Grissoms team anymore, so she's automatically safe.

13. beautiful_loser

beautiful_loser Pathologist

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that...damn, I mean--damn.

I kid, I like Cathrine, she's headstrong and it gets her into trouble, that's probably what I like about her. I like the fact that she has platonic relationships with guys, that sometimes she lets her emotions get the better of her. Good thing she's staying.

Get rid of the loose cannon or the pregnant one then LOL

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey everybody! I'm new on this site...
    Why do you guys don't seem to care about Sara... she's a cool CSI don't you think? And anyway if they kill soemeone wouldn't it look like CSI miami???

15. Charisma

Charisma Coroner

did they say they will actually KILL OFF someone?!?!?! i don`t want ANYONE leaving!!!! well..i would understand for Sophia..but anyone else...is a BIG NO NO!!!!