'CSI' Season 14 To See Three Departures

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, May 23, 2013.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

As I previously reported last week,*CSI: Crime Scene Investigation is undergoing a writers’ room shuffle for its fourteenth season. Three writers will not be returning for the upcoming year: writers’ assistant and writer*Michael FX Daley (“Lying Down with Dogs,” “Man Up,” “Split Decisions,”*“Sheltered”) co-executive producer*Joe Pokaski (“Tell-Tale Hearts,” “Zippered,” “Malice in Wonderland,” “Wild Flowers,” “Dead [...]

More...

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Is this the first time they have lost writers?

3. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

oh man, no. They lost their best writers sometime around season 8/9.

Sarah Goldfinger and David Rambo were my two of my favourites, and without them I've increasingly lost interest in the show.

4. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Don't be surprise they probably will come back to the show, but I doubt it.

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Writers come and go, some more than others, but usually new ones step in to fill the void. Not this year.

6. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Maybe they're thinking Season 14 is the last one, and they're getting out early to look for new work. ;)

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

If CBS does tell CSI: this is the last season, let me just say that's just bullshit!! They didn't do the same for NY and Miami so they shouldn't do that for Vegas.

Sorry.

8. JorjaFoxFan

If it comforts you at all, CSI has already burned itself to the ground. I'd have rather had it cancelled like NY when it was still going strong rather than have to see the entire cast depart, and story lines crash and burn.

9. Frosch

Frosch Witness

I am thinking how nice it would be, providing this is the final season, if one or two writers from the early years would return, closing the show out by returning to its roots.
    It won’t erase memories of the last few years but it might give us a small sense of satisfaction.

10. JorjaFoxFan

While I agree, I feel like CSI might get a cancellation, rather than declare their own end..

11. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Writers do come and go. Also,when the writer's strike happened,many of the writers left and never came back.

12. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

To be honest, after four years of the show being primarily focused on the newbies and Hodges ( even though Hodges is far from a new character, I'm also getting sick of him and his love life being in the limelight; I can't take Modges and the Elizabetta storyline is getting ridiculous:rolleyes:) at the expense of the original cast-and I can't help but feel that it will continue that way, even after the premiere-AND after seeing certain storylines get ruined/screwed with for no good reason (GSR, Brass/Ellie etc.), I wouldn't be all that sad if CSI never got a satisfying ending and was just cancelled. At least it was a great series throughout seasons 1-7, and during season 12, that's something I'll hold onto :).

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013