Csi order

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by dean069, Mar 15, 2012.

1. dean069

dean069 Civilian

Hi guys great site
    If this has been asked before sorry

I am watching at the moment CSI season 5 but i also have the first season of NT and Miami

So my question is this is there an order in which to watch ALL of the season ie csi S5 then NY S1 and M S1

Any help please

Dean

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Hi, Dean! :)

Hmm. I think the only time you'd really have to worry about episode order across the franchise would be during the crossovers, which take place in later seasons than the ones you're watching.

The backdoor pilot for CSI: Miami was during CSI season 2 (2.22 "Cross Jurisdictions"), then Miami season 1 started when CSI season 3 started. The backdoor pilot for CSI: NY was during Miami season 2 (2.23 "MIA/NYC Nonstop"), so NY season 1 started when Miami season 3 started (so it started when CSI was starting season 5).

Gosh, that sounds confusing. Sorry! :lol:

I say you should watch them in any order you want. If you want to watch one series at a time, you can do that, or you can mix them up if you'd prefer that.

(Since I mentioned the crossovers, you can see the information about them, including the backdoor pilots, on Wikipedia here. I'm pretty sure those are the only times you need to worry about episode order between the series - someone please correct me if I'm wrong, though!)

:)

3. dean069

dean069 Civilian

Thanks for the help
    i like CSI more than Miami and NY is better then Miami (Started watching NY before CSI)

Dean

4. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

You can also check the Internet Movie Database (IMDb), for a listing of the episodes. Just input the name of the show in the box at the top of the page; you can click for separate seasons, or get a listing of all the seasons together, in chronological order, of course. [​IMG]

http://www.imdb.com/

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

^^We also have an episode guide on CSI Files. The later seasons tend to have more information for the episodes, but they should all be in order. :)

6. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

What I have done is gone to eBay, or WalMart and buy 1 Season at a time. I have Seasons 1-8. It has come to my attention that these shows are shown in other countries outside the United States, and being I have never travel outside the U.S., I don't know how TV works in other countries.

I have seen some network that airs CSI Miami called CTV? What country is that coming from?:confused:

Peace

7. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Canada.

Susan

8. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello Blackflag,

That's what I thought, but wasn't for sure. I have been out of touch of "what's what" in the TV Biz for 20 years now, and all these satellite networks have changed, but I think CTV has been around for a long time. They must have a contract with CBS to carry thier programming, I assume.

I hope you folks in Canada can get AMC on your cable or satellite home services. Just in my opinion, and what I read on here on this Community Board that I understand what Adam Rodriguez is trying to work out, CSI Miami may stay alive by CBS selling the rights of CSI Miami to AMC.

Blackflag, just my thoughts are, if CBS wants to end all three CSI Shows in the next 2 years or so, networks like AMC can buy the rights, make new episodes, and rent the CBS Studios in Los Angeles to make them, on a contract basis. Heck CBS would still be making money, both networks will benefit from this, and the viewers can keep CSI on the air. It doesn't matter what network it's on, folks will follow the program.

I was watching an episode from Season One today on AMC. They had been shooting the scenes in the Glades in Florida. I could tell. Just in my opinion, CSI Miami needs to move back to Miami and shoot during the winter time because during the summer, it's hot as all get out in Miami. I know, my mother owned a Condo in just 20 miles north of Fort Myers, FL., in Punta Gorda, Florida, and gosh, it is hot down there during the summer. I have driven through Miami, due to I have some friends there.

If Adam Rodriguez can pull this off with AMC, then I think we will see CSI Miami on for several years to come.

I wonder if Adam Rodriguez has met or knows Ron Howard of Imaging Productions? You guys would know Ron as a little boy from the Andy Griffith show of the 60's. Ron has much political pull in Hollywood and across the country making movies.

I know Ron Howard is aware that all three CSI's are hot, and he knows he can make money helping them.

If needed, Adam should go to Ron and Imaging Productions if he has trouble getting things worked out to move CSI to AMC. I know AMC needs the money, and it would boost thier revenue and ratings. Just a thought. It's a political ("dog eat dog") world out there these days!

But on the other hand, Adam Rodriguez is somewhat older now, and I feel he has now gained respect as a prime producer of CSI Miami, and with the right help, he can get this done.

Peace,
    Jimi

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012