CSI:NY Wherever love takes us (Stella centered fic.)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by EngleBarn, Dec 6, 2008.

1. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

Hey people, i know i already have one fic running, but this was a fic i started writing this summer already, and, well, i have taken a break from writing it but i think it's a fic that deserves to be read by others than me.

It was mainly written for fun, and, i haven't done much research, so much of what happens is probably a little off reality ( not magic and stuff like that but you know what i mean) And because most of the chapters are very short, I'll probably post 2 at a time mostly.

Enjoy.

CSI:NY Wherever love takes us.

Intro:

"Once in a lifetime, you are lucky enough to meet someone, so special, that you fall in love instantly, and really wish to spend the rest of your life with him. When you meet a guy like that, dont let him go, and dont take the love for granted.
    I haven't always been the most lucky person when it came to love, actually, I've brought my own life, and others' lives in danger in the name of love, more often that i would be ready to admit.
    Even though i met the perfect guy, something didn't want us to be together forever, and left me where I am now, alone, in a whole new place, on a new job, with no friends here..."

Chapter 1:

Years earlier:

”Wow Mac, look!” Stella was staring, nearly spellbound, on a young girl, a figure skater, she was probably practising for the upcoming competitions, Stella was sure the girl stood a good chance, she was fantastic at figure-skating, she did everything with such grace.

“Stella you’d better focus on the case.” Mac laughed a bit, they were there to speak to the brother of a murdered woman. She didn’t really catch what happened around her, not until she suddenly bumped into someone.

“Oh sorry.” She looked up, she had bumped in to a man, he made her legs feel like gel, he was tall, half-dark, with dark brown hair and brown eyes. With a single word, gorgeous.

“She’s stunning isn’t she?” He looked at the ice, “Jimmy sanders, it’s my daughter Angelina out there.” Angelina Sanders? She had heard about her, only 11 years old, incredibly talented, half of New York followed her career. Her mother had died in a car accident 2 years ago, Angelina was hurt too, people doubted she would ever skate again.

“I’m Stella Bonasera. I’ve heard about her, you must be proud?” She wanted to continue her conversation forever but Mac suddenly yelled; “Earth calls Stella!” She felt the heat go to her cheeks, she blushed. “I’d better hurry.” She smiled, and “accidentally” dropped her card on the ground as she went towards Mac.

“Interesting conversation?” Mac laughed, very funny, she couldn’t lie her way out of this one, Mac always saw right through her when she lied. She just smiled, “Very.” She looked over her shoulder to catch one more glance at that gorgeous Jimmy.

“Stella! Focus!” Mac had seen her, of course he had, he noticed everything. She turned around, “alright, I just think she’s an amazing figure-skater.” She looked at Mac, “If you say so.” He had seen right through her, as usual.

Chapter 2:

She opened her eyes, something smelled great, she looked around, what a fabulous place. She had been on a date with Jimmy last night, they had gone to the movies, like a couple of teenagers, but it had been fun, they went to the movies, and then to his place, for dinner.

After Dinner they had been chatting, after a while she had pulled herself together and kissed him, and things only got better from there.

“Morning.” Jimmy entered the bedroom, he had made breakfast, it was so cute actually. “mmh, you’re so sweet.” There was something about this, that she had never felt before, not to mention the fact the she had gone with a guy home on their first date, something that was against every single one of her principles.

She kissed him, it was amazing, and there wasn’t any tiny voice inside her head saying; “it’s wrong, too dangerous, turn around.” She sat up, but just as they were about to enjoy their breakfast her phone rang, “I’m so sorry, I have to answer this.”

Jimmy just smiled as she picked up her phone, “Bonasera?” Mac was pretty nervous, “Stella is everything alright?” Why shouldn’t it be? She looked at the clock, damn, she should’ve been at work 20 minutes ago. “Sorry Mac, yea everything is fine, I lost track of time.” Mac laughed, “I’m guessing…” She cut him off immediately, “Mac! I’m on my way.” She hung up the phone.

“I’m late for work, should’ve been there 20 minutes ago.” Jimmy kept smiling, “Oh right, duty calls. The shower’s in there.” He pointed towards the bathroom and kissed her, she were so happy, for the first time in years! “I’ll call you, I promise!” She kissed him back and went to the shower.

Later at the lab:

“I hear someone was late for work?” Danny entered the lab. She smiled, “I was a little late this morning.” Danny laughed, “I’m guessing it has something to do with this?” He held a cute grey teddybear in his hands, it was holding a heart.

“Excuse me?” He handed her the bear, “Some guy came, asked me to give this to a Stella Bonasera.” There was a card tied to the left ear, she read it, “You need my number in order to call me. Jimmy.” He had written his number on the back of the card, it was actually kind of cute.

“I’m thinking middle age, half-bald, married.” Danny laughed, “I bet he sent you one of his kids’ teddybears.” She punched his shoulder, “Shut it Danny.”

She went to her office with her gift and was about return to the lab to finish her work, just as the phone rang, “Did you get the gift?” She hadn’t thought about anything but Jimmy the entire day, but she was still kind of surprised when he called,

“Yea it’s cute. Thanks.” She smiled by herself. “I was wondering if you would come by the skating-rink tonight, Angelina’s participating in a competition, qualification for the upcoming season.”

Jimmy sounded pretty nervous, she really wanted to go, but she had work. She looked at the teddybear, it was so cute, so was Jimmy. “I’m so sorry, I have to work, I’m working the late shift tonight.”

She took a deep breath, “but be sure to let me now how she did, I would’ve loved to come.” She heard Jimmy sob, “I sure will. I’ll catch you later then?”

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  2. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

The next 2 chapters..

Chapter 3:

“Stella we have, what Flack describes as a weird bunch of DOA’s,” Mac came walking towards her, she hid the rose she had received from Jimmy behind her back, “Alright, then we’d better get going.”

Mac laughed, “you can put the rose in water first.” He just stood there smiling for a while before he said: “Don’t shoot this one.” She usually would have hated him for that remark, but this time it didn’t even touch her.

“Why are you so funny?” They laughed as they went to the elevator.

At the crime scene:

“Wow, talk about having skeletons in your closet, literally.” Danny laughed, he was very proud of his joke, as usual, Flack was as cracked up about it as Danny. Mac said the usual “haha” as he did every time someone said something he felt he had to laugh about, but wasn’t funny.

But Danny was actually right, it was a closet stuffed with skeletons, judging by the amount of skulls, there were at least 7.

“Alright, we’d better get working then.” Stella placed her kit on the ground and started processing…

Later at the ME’s office:

“I cant tell you anything definitive except that 3 of the victims are female, and 4 are male.” Sid looked at Mac before he continued, “TOD is approximately 2 – 3 years ago, I cant be precise.” Mac lifted his eyebrow, “So everything fits with the 7 officers that went missing 2 years ago.”

Right now they assumed it would be them, because they had found 7 police badges which belonged to these officers. “I’ll have Adam do a fastscan on them.” Stella found it hard to focus on the case, she were looking forward to see Jimmy again.

“Cause of death is unknown I’m afraid.” Sid shook his head as they left the ME’s office.

Chapter 4:

“She did great, she got the 1st place, if she keeps up, then she might qualify to the nationals this year.” She hadn’t spoken with Jimmy since 2 days ago.. “That’s fantastic, I’d really love to see her compete some day.”

She searched google for Angelina Sanders, to see if she could find any previous results, “I’m so proud of her, she fights real hard to achieve this.” Jimmy hadn’t really spoken about his daughter that much.

Stella stumbled across a website with some footage from a competition Angelina participated in last year, “Wow, I’m just watching a video from a competition last year, Your daughter is amazing Jimmy!” She turned around and saw Mac and Danny standing behind her, “Have to go, I’ll catch you later.”

She hung up the phone and turned to them, Danny seemed lost for a second, “Whoa! Angelina Sanders? The figure-skater?” Stella nodded as Danny continued, “So your mystery date is Jimmy Sanders? The actor? Do you even know how rich that family is? His dad is a successful business man!”

Danny’s jaw was nearly lying on the floor as she replied, “I don’t care if he’s rich.” Danny laughed, “As long as he’s yours right?” She looked at him, “any news about the case?” Mac took over from there, “Yea, our prime suspect Jack Bones, Is in custody.”

Later:

“Jimmy, what are you doing here?” She laughed, he smiled, a nervous but charming smile. He was standing in her office,, “I have something to ask you.” She looked at him, she was curious, “Shoot.”

He took a deep breath, “There’s a premiere on the new film I have a part in…” He seemed to be gathering courage, “It’s in LA, but I would really like for you to come with me.”

Whoa? A premiere? Jimmy continued, “I completely understand if you don’t want to go, there will be Tv, maybe a paparazzi or thirty…” She cut him off, “A fancy Glam-premiere thing?” He nodded, she kissed his cheek, “I would love to go.”

He smiled, turned his head and placed a passionate kiss on her lips.

“Whoa!” Danny laughed, Lindsay punched him, but she had a hard time trying not to laugh as well. “Sorry Stel, I think Dannys eyes are a little to sensitive to see that kind of thing.” She smiled as she dragged Danny away.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

nice start :)

aww don't seperate them!!!

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I like this new fic, well done :)

5. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

Chapter 5:
    2 weeks later:

“Jimmy! Where are we going?” He held his hands in front of her eyes, “Wait and see.” Just a few seconds later he removed his hands, she looked around, they were inside a store, it was filled with the most fantastic dresses.

“Pick a dress. Don’t look at the price, I pay.” He smiled, her eyes were all over the place, there were all kinds of dresses, discrete dresses, shimmering dresses, long dresses, short dresses, there were everything, but it was probably the most expensive dress shop in New York.

“Jimmy, they’re so expensive.” He laughed, “I told you I’ll pay, you didn’t honestly think I’d let you show up to the premiere wearing jeans?” She punched him, “I wouldn’t wear jeans, I…”

She was actually lost, she had been planning on leasing a dress somewhere. She had had 2 dresses though, but they were both destroyed in the fire.

“Come on.” Jimmy dragged her inside. She had forgotten about the fact that Jimmy had a quite nice sum of money, he wasn’t a billionaire like his father, but he made a fine bunch on his acting jobs.

She were overwhelmed by the fact that Jimmy, a guy she had been dating for no more than 2 and a half week, had taken her to a store selling hyper expensive dresses.

“How about one of these?” Jimmy had already found three dresses he wanted her to try, she stared at them, she was a little insecure on how to react.

He looked at her, “You don’t want to go, I should’ve been less aggressive about this, I’m sorry.” She saw the look on Jimmy’s face, he wasn’t going to fast, she loved this, she was just overwhelmed. “If I didn’t want to go I wouldn’t have accepted you invitation in the first place. I’d love to go, I’m just a little overwhelmed about this, but it’s amazing.”

Jimmy’s face lightened up again, “Great, but why are we standing here, shouldn’t you be trying on dresses right now?” They laughed, the way he said it made her feel so special.

She tried on at least 15 dresses before she found the perfect dress; It was a slim black dress, with a strap around the neck, there was tiny shimmering gems on the chest and on the bottom of the skirt.

“Wow! You look fabulous!” Jimmy stared at her, completely stunned, she looked in the mirror, she wasn’t usually the person to brag, but Jimmy was right, she looked fabulous!

She could barely wait for the week to end. They were going to LA that Friday and going back to New York the Sunday.

Chapter 6:

“Why am I so nervous? It’s your premiere.” Stella was shaking, she was sitting in a limo on her way to the event. Jimmy smiled, “Simple, you will be on TV, there will be pictures on the internet, and one blooper, you will be on the cover of every magazine…”

He noticed the look on her face, “I’m just kidding, but there will be a little focus on us though, after all, I have a half-big part in the movie.” They laughed, “Here we go.”
    The door was opened and she did her best to be elegant as she looked around, she actually liked the attention, somewhere anyways.

Jimmy held his arm around her waist, “Smile” He whispered, she must’ve looked pretty goofy. She smiled as the flashes from several cameras surrounded her.

She’d better get used to this if she planned on staying with Jimmy…

Meanwhile:
    “Hey look at this! Stella’s on TV!” Mac turned into the break room where Hawkes was staring at the TV, “I thought she hated attention?” Danny came nearly running to the room.

“Apparently not, she seems fine with it.” Mac was proud of her, she seemed so happy. He listened close to what was said on TV:

“Here’s one of the co stars of the movie with his new lady, a Greek beauty named Stella Bonasera.” A woman took over; “Even though she’s a New York crime scene investigator she seems fine with the attention.” There was a short break before the man continued: “I actually think she enjoys it, maybe a new hotshot?”

Everything seemed a little upside down, Stella used to hate press conferences, and now she was on TV, described as a Greek beauty and a new hotshot.

He looked at the door, Lindsay was standing with her mouth wide open, “Wow! What a dress! What a look! She looks amazing!”

Danny laughed, “I think someone’s a little jealous.” She punched him, “Look at them, they’re so sweet together!” She was actually right.

There was blitzes all over the place, someone was going to end up on msn starlounge.

“I cant wait till she sees this.” Hawkes took a DVD from the recorder, he noticed everybody’s looks, “What? It will be great at the Christmas party!”

6. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

*grins* Wow that was great :D

7. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

Alright, well here comes some Danny and Flack action, :D Enjoy.

Chapter 7:

She was going to bust someone for this! They had placed a red carpet in front of the door to her office, just as she was going to enter her office, Danny and Flack jumped out from there hideouts and started taking pictures of her with some of their crime scene cameras.

“How cute.” She walked laughing towards her office as she noticed Mac walked laughing by. Danny and Flack followed her into the office and kept taking pictures of her, they were jumping around like crazy.

“knock it off!” She looked at them, they could barely speak, they were laughing so hard, “Sorry Stel, just trying to make you feel at home.” Danny’s remark made Flack laugh even more.

“Alright one more picture and I swear ill…” *Click* Danny snapped another picture, “You two…” She raised her voice, Flack looked at Danny, “Uh-oh! The Greek beauty is angry.”

Alright, it was actually all kind of funny, she couldn’t hold the mask anymore, she cracked.

When they had finished their laughing Danny pulled himself together, “So how is it?” She looked at him, “How is what?” He rolled his eyes, “Fishing of course. No, being all over Msn Starlounge!” She looked away, “Am I on msn starlounge?”

Flack went to her computer, she looked at the screen, she was actually at the front-page of msn starlounge, under the headline: “Cop reaching for the stars.” She quickly read the article she especially liked one phrase: “Yesterday she solved crimes in New York city, today this beautiful Greek lady is reaching for the stars with her man, Jimmy Sanders.”

It was all very weird, everything was upside down. She had never even gotten the slightest bit of attention on street, now people turned their heads to see if it was actually her they had seen.

“You didn’t answer my question, how is it?” Danny looked at her with his eyebrow raised. She smiled, “It’s… Weird.” Danny still looked at her, he was definitely waiting for a more detailed explanation.

“Alright, I loved it. It’s like every girls dream.” She disappeared into her thoughts for a second, she remembered how it felt walking with Jimmy towards the door, with tons of people looking at her.

“I think we lost her.” Flack laughed, “Do you think you will be able to focus on solving crimes back in old boring NY?” He looked at her, she smiled, “Why wouldn’t I?”

8. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

:lol: that cracked me up! :lol:

9. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

That was kind'a my intention :D I figured that was something Flack and Danny would do, if an opportunity like that would ever show..

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I just want them together lol

11. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

next update :D

Chapter 8:
    2½ month later:

“Stella calm down, it cant be that bad.” Mac smiled, he obviously tried to make her relax. “How can you say that? They’re millionaires, I’m a cop! Do you spot the difference?” She was so nervous, she was going to meet Jimmy’s parents that night.

She feared that they would be disappointed, or that she would mess everything up. This was very important for Jimmy, but she had seen Meet the parents way to many times. Well, hopefully, Jimmy’s parents wouldn’t have a cat who used the bathroom.

She was, luckily, not going to spend the weekend there, just dinner that night.

Mac laughed, “Stella I thought you never got nervous. You did fine at the premiere, I’d say it would be worse to mess up in front of at least a million viewers, than to make a tiny mistake at a family dinner.”

Yea, he could laugh, “I bet you were nervous too when you were about to meet Peytons parents?” She could have kicked her self, mentioning her while Mac was around was a big no no! He just laughed, “You’re right, but I’m still breathing.”

She had changed at the office, she were all set to go, Jimmy had promised to pick her up, he could be there anytime. And speaking of the sun, there he was.

“Ready to go?” He looked at her, “Stella, they wont bite… Hard.” Mac and Jimmy laughed. “Very funny.” She went with Jimmy to the car.

Later:

“Stella.” Jimmy nearly dragged her through the door, “You must be Stella.” Jimmy’s mother shook her hand, “Angela Sanders.” 2 seconds later Jimmy’s father came to the entrance, “ Hello there!” He pulled her close in a big bear-hug, she was not at all prepared for that.

She sent Jimmy a insecure look, he just smiled. “Hello Mr. Sanders. Nice to meet you.” She tried to be polite but her voice was very affected by the nerves. “It’s Jim. I know what you’re thinking, he’s and eccentric fella. And I am, some people would even call me weird.”

He laughed, “Come on in kids.”

After dinner they were sitting in the living room, chatting. She had really enjoyed the evening. Apart from the surprising greeting everything had been so fun. She had felt so welcome like she had been a part of the family for several years.

“I must say…” Jim looked at her“…You did better at the premiere than that Jo-something girl did.” Jo-something? Angelina laughed, “It’s Jolie, Angelina Jolie. She had the lead-role in the film.”

Jimmy laughed, “It was actually quite fun at the premiere, when we had been there for 20 minutes she was talking with everybody like it was the most natural thing.” He kissed her cheek, she laughed, she had actually forgotten about who she was for a while there, she had just spoken with whoever was near her.

At the premiere she hadn’t been Stella Bonasera the CSI, she had been Stella Bonasera, Jimmy Sanders, the actors girlfriend.

“We’d better get going.” Jimmy got on his feet. Jim hugged Stella goodbye, “I hope we’ll see you again soon.”

Angelina hugged her grandparents goodbye as they went towards the entrance.

12. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

Chapter 9:

“I’m glad that dad met you.” Angelina smiled, Stella had grown to care a lot about that girl,
    “So am I, and I’m very happy that you didn’t push me away.” They smiled, Angelina opened the door, but turned to Stella, “Can I tell you something?” Stella nodded as Angelina continued, “I know it sounds crazy when you’re dating my dad but…”

She took a deep breath before she continued, “I see you like, don’t get mad at me for saying this, but I see you like a big sister. I feel like I can tell you everything.” Stella felt how she turned from happy to happier, a big sister.

“Why would I get mad at you for saying that?” There was a short break, she hadn’t really thought about it that way, but her relationship with Angelina was kind of a sister-thing. “I’ve never had a little sister before.” She smiled, so did Angelina “Can I be your sister?”

It sounded so sweet when she said it, it was like she turned from the mature and elegant figure-skater, to a young, insecure girl.

Stella nodded “That would be great. Now you’d better get going, otherwise you’ll be late for school.” She had promised to look after her the next couple of days as Jimmy was going to LA to sign a contract on a part in a new film.

Angelina hugged her goodbye and ran towards the school.

That afternoon:

“Stella! We have a body outside the skating-rink, an 11 year old girl.” Mac came walking towards her, an 11 year old girl? Angelina! She felt how she got more and more anxious, “Do we have a description?”

“Stella, I know what you are fearing, but it isn’t Angelina, she’s the one who called it in, she needs you there, it was one of her friends.” Poor Angelina, “What are we waiting for then?”

At the rink:

“Stella!” Angelina ran towards her the minute she saw her, Stella hugged her, “Are you alright?” Angelina nodded, “Vanessa was my best friend!” She sobbed, “We were supposed to practise together today.”

She broke in to tears again, “Please catch this guy!” Stella held her tight in her arms, “We will, I promise! I’ll call your dad, do you want him to come home?” Angelina took a deep breath, “I’d rather not, he worries so much, tell him I’ll be fine.”

She seemed so sane, Stella felt bad about having to ask her some questions, “Angelina, I need you to answer some questions, you say she’s your best friend? Does she have any enemies?” Angelina looked at her like she was stupid,

“Maybe the other skaters, but we are all friendly. I think it’s the parents who takes this most serious.” Angelina tried hard not to cry, but she had lost her best friend, it was what you could expect.

“Do you want to come with me to my work? Or do you want to stay here or go home?” Or to her place, Angelina was staying with her while Jimmy was in LA, “Can I come with you?” Her eyes lightened up a bit, “Sure, I’ll just tell Mac.”

13. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I love how Stella is like a mother figure :D

14. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

Then you'll love what happens later in the story... Around chapter 30 i think :D

Chapter 10:

“Stella we have nothing.” Hawkes looked at Angelina who was playing on Stellas computer, “We’ve been through everything twice. She was shot with a stolen rifle. Nothing there either.”
    They had to get him, she had promised Angelina.

“There has to be something! She was Angelinas best friend!” She felt how she got more and more desperate to catch that guy. But the fact is, they had nothing…

The next afternoon:

She wiped a tear of her cheek, another figure-skater had been killed, only 12 years old, Madeleine Cooper, they had found a print, but no hits. She was shot with the same rifle as Vanessa.

Poor Angelina, she hadn’t told her yet. She would wait till she could tell her in person…

“Stella! I was searching the web for some skating results on the two girls, look at this:” Mac handed her a piece of paper, it was a list of their current placing in qualification:

1st: Angelina Sanders
    2nd: Madeleine Cooper
    3rd: Vanessa Parkinson
    4th: Jennifer Parker

and so on.

Angelina had told her that only the three best qualified for the regionals, must be pretty annoying to be Jennifer Parker. She came to think of what Angelina had told her the day before, about the parents taking the skating more serious than the girls.

Maybe Jennifers dad wanted Jennifer to win, which would mean that Angelina could be the next target.

“Mac! What if someone is removing the competition for her/his daughter?” She took a deep breath, “Angelina might be in danger! We have to get to her first! She’s practically my baby sister!” Mac looked at her, “I’ll explain later. I think she’s at the rink” she called Flack and they rushed to the car.

In the car she tried to call Angelina, but she didn’t answer, “Yesterday, she asked me if I would be like her bigger sister, because she felt she could tell me anything.” She wiped a tear of her cheek, “even though it seems weird, I told her that I’d love too, I really care about her Mac!”

15. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Come on come :D Great job now you've got me waiting for chapter 30 :lol: