CSI:NY The story of a true hero.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by EngleBarn, Nov 29, 2008.

1. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

This is my first fanfic, or, i've written a lot, that are just on my computer, i've been embarrassed to post, but here we go, don't be too hard on me :D

Chapter 1:

”I just cant get the picture out of my head, I keep seeing her tumble over the car, again and again…
    We were out shopping when it happened, she had promised me to help buy some baby clothes, even though there still is 1½ month left.

We were just crossing the street, to get to the store on the other side, when I heard a horn, and Stella yelling, “Lindsay! Watch out.”

That’s when it happened, I looked to the side, to see a car, driving right at me, way too fast, but before I could react, Stella had pushed me out of the way just in time.

When I turned around to see where she was, I saw her tumbling over the car, it all happened so fast.

She hit the ground, and… She was just lying there.

The car continued like nothing had happened, I’m not sure what happened next, just that I got to Stella, realised that she was alive, and called for an ambulance.” Lindsay broke down crying, it was her fault that Stella was in surgery.

“It’s okay Montana, you did the right thing, reacted fast and got her to the hospital.” She felt Danny holding his arms around her.

“And Mac?” She looked at Danny, but quickly looked away, she couldn’t look anyone in the eyes right now.

“He’s on his way, everything is gonna be alright honey.” Danny kissed her hair, she felt a little comfort run through her veins before everything turned cold and horrible again.

“It’s all my fault Danny, if I just had been more careful…” Danny interrupted her almost instantly: “It’s not your fault Lindsay, it was the driver, he was drunk, and driving way too fast. Luckily they got him right?”

“Yea… I guess.” She buried her head in his shoulder, tried to forget what had happened, but she only saw Stella tumbling over the roof of the car again… and again… and again.

“She’s strong, if anyone would make it through this, it’s her.” Danny stroked her back, they were going to be a happy family, she knew that, but she couldn’t care about that now, not with Stella’s condition.

“I hope so Danny, I really hope so.” Lindsay felt the tears pressing even harder now, she couldn’t even almost hold them back.

Well, that was it for part one, I hope i will be able to update soon.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I hope she's okay.

lol you're doing Stella while I do Mac. Okay that came out wrong *giggle*

3. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

:p Actually did come out very wrong Mel.

Well here's the next bit, please dont kill me...

Chapter 2:

“Hey.” Mac knew that his eyes were teary as he hugged her carefully.

“Hey Mac.” Stella smiled, a fainting smile, she hesitated for a second before she asked.

“Did they tell you?” She looked at him, he knew something was wrong, but the doctor had told him that Stella wanted to tell him.

What he knew, was that she had gotten away from it with a minor concussion and 3 pressed ribs.

“No, they said you wanted to.” He knew that something bad was coming, he could tell from the look on Stella’s face.

“I’m dying Mac… They cant help me, all they can do is make sure I’m not in pain.” She looked away, Mac felt his heart skip a beat or two.

The tears were streaming down his cheeks already, Stella? His best friend? Dying? He couldn’t believe it.

“But…” He started, Stella placed her finger on his lips.

“They don’t know when, it could be tomorrow, it could be in a week, or in a month maybe even later, they have no clue. All they know s that the accident damaged my heart, it’s like a ticking time bomb Mac, I’m just waiting for the heart attack that will… kill me.” The tears were running down her cheeks, he held his arms around her.

“Cant they… find a new heart for you? There must be something they can do.” He heard the despair in his voice, Stella shook her head.

“They’ve explained it to me, I just don’t remember exactly what they called it, it was something about my body would refuse to accept a new heart, because something about my blood type and, I’m not sure why Mac…”

She took a deep breath, “I’ll be allowed to leave the hospital in the morning… I know this is a big favour to ask you Mac… But, I want to spend as much time with you as possible before… before it’s too late. So I wanted to ask if I… if I could stay with you?” She looked at him before she continued, “Don’t let my condition make the decision for you Mac.”

He took a deep breath, of course she could stay with him, he wanted to spend as much time as possible with her too.

“Of course Stella. I’d love to have you staying.” He stroked her hair, held her close, while the tears still ran down his cheeks.

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Come back, more more!:)

5. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

Okay here's part three.

Chapter 3:

“Stella! Are you out of your mind?” Lindsay looked at her, she had pulled herself together, not to cry, she knew that Stella didn’t need people crying around her.

“You’re welcome…” Lindsay saw Stella smiled vaguely.

“Stella you’re just… You’re crazy… What about your life?” Lindsay felt her heart sink.

“I’ll enjoy what’s left of it… Besides, you and Danny are going to have your own happy family, you, him, and the baby.” Stella still smiled.

“What about Mac?” Lindsay took a deep breath, Mac needed Stella more than anything in the whole wide world.

Stella seemed to become even sadder by the thought of Mac.

“Promise me something Lindsay?” Stella had a sort of hopeful look in her eyes, as Lindsay nodded.

“Be there for him when I’ll no longer be able to, he cant make it on his own.” The tears were now running down Stella’s cheeks.

“Why are you so strong Stella? Knowing that you wont be here for that long… You just worry about me and Danny and our family, and Mac, how he’s going to move on. It’s in a situation like this every ordinary person would be crying ‘why me?’” Lindsay knew that Stella wasn’t like that, but it was so hard to see.

“Because it wouldn’t help to be crying why me, asking you to be there for Mac, and for your family, can be done, and it would make a difference for them if you’re there, instead of worrying about me.” Stella looked away.

Lindsay hugged her, feeling Stella return her hug, made her feel a little better, but somehow still reminding her, that she wouldn’t have Stella to support her through everything, Stella would be gone, she wouldn’t be able to enjoy life.

All because she wanted to give Lindsay and her baby a second chance for life.

“It’s okay Lindsay, it is like it is, no one can change it now, it’s not your fault, not my fault, it’s not anyone’s fault.” Stella’s voice was low, but comforting.

6. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

Next chapter, hope you'll like it.

Chapter 4.

“Make yourself at home.” Mac looked at her with the same worried look he had used the last thousand times he had looked at her.

“Thanks Mac, I really appreciate this.” She hugged him before she placed her bags on the bed, ready to unpack and move in, in Macs spare room.

Mac smiled nervously before he left her alone in the room, she wanted to unpack, but when she was about to start she just sat down at the bed, looked around in the room.

She was beginning to realise that it was actually happening, she was dying, she couldn’t be sure that there would be a tomorrow, and a day after tomorrow, and a next week.

All she was guaranteed, was the moment she had right now, and she had no guarantee that it wouldn’t end in 10 seconds.

She felt a tear run down her cheek as she thought about all the fantastic moments she had had through her life.

“Pull yourself together dammit Stella!” She mumbled, angry with herself, she had promised herself not to be weak or let herself be victimised again, and now that was exactly what she was doing.

“Don’t do that to yourself Stella. Even you cant handle being strong all the time.” Mac walked to the bed and sat down next to her, “Getting the news you got yesterday, I’m amazed you even find the courage to look people in the eyes, you don’t have to hold your head up, and be the strongest all the time.” He held her close, she buried her face in his shoulder.

“I’m scared Mac.” She felt Mac gently stroke her hair.

“That’s understandable, Honestly I’m scared too, I’m afraid of loosing you Stella.” Mac still stroked her hair.

Stella felt a new tear run down her cheek, she knew that Mac cared about her, but he had never said it that directly before.

“You should get some sleep, it’s late, you can unpack in the morning.” Mac hugged her before he got up, smiled vaguely, “Goodnight Stella.”

“Night Mac, and thanks.” She smiled as he left the room and closed the door behind him.

Stella opened one of her bags and found an old t-shirt she could sleep in, maybe a good nights sleep was what she needed right now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As she slowly woke up, she had a feeling of being watched, she opened her eyes slowly, just to discover Mac standing in the door.

She smiled, so did he.

“How long have you been standing there?” She laughed by the thoughtful look on Macs face.

“Umm…” He looked at his watch, “I don’t really know, umm.”

She laughed, she knew, that he knew exactly how long he had been standing there.

“How long Mac?” He laughed along by her remark.

“47 minutes.” They laughed even harder.

“You are so adorable when you do that Mac, you know that?” she looked him in the eyes, he blushed slightly.

“Sorry Stella, go back to sleep. It’s only 2.30.” He smiled as he once again closed the door, she laughed by herself, some people would’ve been offended by that, but she wasn’t, she know how hard this was on Mac.

7. shell_kikii

shell_kikii Lab Technician

Hi, EngleBarn!
    Thank you so much for your review on my story. :) I can see both of us are hurting Stella, that make us evil people. :lol: But I think it's worth trying if Mac could come to his sense and loves her with his whole heart. :adore:

8. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

We are indeed very evil, because Stella haven't hurt anyone her entire life that haven't been threatening to hurt her or her loved ones..

I hope your story turns out a little more hopeful than mine is atm.. :D

I'll be following it closely anyways.

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

ack she better be okay!

10. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

here's part 5

Chapter 5:

“How’s Stella?” Adam looked at him with a worried look on his face.

“I’m not sure, she’s staying with Mac, she wanted to spend as much time as possible with him.” Danny smiled vaguely, things had been horrible at the lab the last week, since the accident.

And with both women out of the lab, things was incredibly boring, and serious.

“I’ll drop by on my way home. Any idea when Mac will come back to work?” Adam raised his eyebrow.

Danny laughed quietly, “I dunno, when Stella is able to kick him to work.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Mac…” Stella looked at him, she saw the same defensive look on his face as the day before when she told him the same thing.

“You have to go to work, staying home will just drive us both crazy.” She looked at him, smiled, tried to convince him.

“Besides, I can find something to do, I can go shopping or visit Lindsay, stuff like that, don’t worry Mac.” She looked at him, he opened his mouth to argue, but she broke in.

“Off you go.” She smiled, a real happy smile for the first time this week.

“Alright, but promise me that you’ll be careful?” He smiled nervously.

“’I’ll be careful.” She laughed as Mac finally went to change.

She got up and went to the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee before she would go push Mac out of the door, well knowing that he had already changed his mind.

As she opened the cupboard and grabbed a cup, she dropped it, and it broke at the floor, she had no chance of even blinking before she heard Mac.

“Stella? Everything okay?” He was incredibly worried, she laughed.

”I just dropped a cup Mac, don’t worry.” She couldn’t help but keep laughing, Mac worried so much, but he knew what it was like to lose someone you care about.

Mac had entered the kitchen and was now standing in the door with a worried look on his face.
    “Sorry Stel, I just… I just cant shake the thought you know.” She noticed a tear in the corner of Macs eye, went to him instantly and held her arms around him.

11. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Awwwwwww that was so sad but cute, great job :)

12. shell_kikii

This is the first time Mac chose Stella over other things, even his job. How sweet! :adore:

13. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

Okay, up for the next part ( I know i update too fast, but i want the story properly started... I wont continue updating with this speed, as i have school as well :D
    Chapter 6:

Stella opened her eyes, there was someone by the door, she had just taken a nap at the couch, her condition made her easier tired.

As she went to open the door, the same billion thoughts flew through her mind, that whoever it was, it could be the last time she saw the person.

She opened the door to reveal Adam standing just outside, smiling nervously.

She hugged him, he was one of the last persons she had guessed would gather courage to show up. Feeling him hug her back, gave her a feeling of being appreciated.

“Hey Adam, come on in.” She smiled as she closed the door behind them, and showed Adam to the living room.

“You want coffee?” She looked at him, still smiling, hoping to affect him, and she did, his rather nervous smile changed to a real Adam smile.’

“Thanks Stella.” He was about to get up to help as she stopped him, “Adam, I can start a pot of coffee on my own.”

He laughed, “Of course you can, sorry.” She laughed along with him, “That’s alright Adam, no worries.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mac unlocked the door to the apartment, it was so quiet in there, Stella was probably napping.

He went inside to notice all the lights turned on, which was weird if Stella was napping, she usually made sure to turn off all the lights.

He went to Stella’s room, just to make sure that she was napping, but she wasn’t in there, when he left the room again, he was relieved to hear that the shower was on.

“Hey Stella, I’m back.” He yelled, but as he waited for a response, he soon realised that there was none.

“Stella?” He yelled, even more worried than when he saw that she wasn’t in her room.

But there was still no reply, so he went to the bathroom door, knocked, “Stella are you in there?”

He got more and more desperate to see if she were okay, he grabbed the doorknob, the door wasn’t even locked.

“Stella?” as he looked towards the shower, he saw her leg sticking out from under the curtain, laying on the floor….

14. shell_kikii

My heart breaking to see Stella suffering. :( It must be really hard for Adam to see his goddess dying. :( I have to admit you're much evil than me, EngleBarn.

15. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

I wrote this fanfic, because even though it's 12 years ago, i lost my great grandmother, who was my biggest hero, and lately, i've been thinking much about her, so I've put all those feelings into this story, because i had to get them of my chest somehow...

And yes i am more mean than you, i think, but wait and read..

Chapter 7:

“Try to listen to what I say this time Stella…” Doctor Carter started, “You have to take it easy, your heart cant handle a day of both shopping, guests and dancing in the shower.”

They laughed, “I know, It’s just so boring to sit home all day and do nothing.” She looked out the window, noticed a NYPD vehicle drive by, she missed working at the lab.

“You don’t have to, just if you go shopping, don’t try to empty every store on Manhattan okay? Otherwise you’ll just pass out again.” Doctor Carter looked at her, smiled, a compassioned smile, but not the doctor like smile.

“Okay… Thanks.” Stella smiled as she left the examination room.

“Everything okay Stella?” Mac looked at her, she laughed, she had almost forgotten that he was waiting for her.

“I’m still waiting for a fatal heart attack, but other than that I’m fine. I was just over exhausted.” She smiled, Mac laughed.

“Why doesn’t that surprise me.” He was about to continue but she stopped him.

“Not you too.” They laughed as they left the hospital, Stella hated hospitals, as much as she hated the fact that she was going to hang around the hospital a lot now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Mac…” Stella tried not to laugh, but the fact that Mac was, once again checking up on her, was quite funny, he had been checking up on her at least 10 times now.

“Sorry.” He blushed a bit, she smiled.

”Come here.” Stella looked at him as he sat down next to her.

She placed her arm around him, “Mac… Look at me.”

She tried to look Mac in the eyes, at first he avoided her look, but finally gave in and looked her straight in the eyes.

“As much as I want to promise you, that I’ll always be here. I cant.” She wiped a tear of his cheek with her thumb.

“But I can promise you, that for the rest of my life, I’ll be right here with you. To be there for you, to care for you, to… love you.” She blinked a couple of times, to hide her tears, telling Mac how she truly felt, gave her a feeling of relief, but sadness, knowing that if something would happen between them, she would leave Mac in sorrow.

Her last 2 words made Mac look her in the eyes with a new look, a caring, loving look. As something pulled their heads so close to each other, that they could feel the heat.

Feeling the softness of his lips touch hers, she was filled with a warm feeling of love, but in between all the happiness, there was one thought that wouldn’t leave her mind, because of her heart, she would never get to feel his love.