CSI:NY....."The evil that lives within"

Chapter 7

When Mac arrived at Danny's he knocked on the door. Waking from sleep, Danny answered it. "Mac....what are you doing here"? "Where's Don"? "He's here, sleeping on th couch, why"? "Don...Don, wake up". "Hmmm...what is it, Mac, what are you doing here"? "Where were you tonight, did you leave this apartment at all"? "No...why would you think I did"? "Sinclair called, he wants me to bring you in for questioning". "Why, what the hell is going on Mac"? "It seems someone let the criminal in the next cell out, and he beat Peter's father to death".

"What....so Sinclair thinks I did it"? "He does, two officer's told him, you got into it with Peter's father a few hours early, is this true"? "Welll....yeah, but I only pushed him against the wall, then I left, I've been here all night, ask Danny, or Peter for that matter". "He has been Mac, I swear to you, cause I had a nightmare about my foster father, and Don comforted me". "What time was this at Danny"? "I'm not sure, about 1am, or 1:30am". "Okay, keep your story straight, incase Sinclair needs to question you". "Don, let's go". Getting dressed, Don headed to the station with Mac.

"Danny, is Don going to be okay, and is my foster father really dead"? "He is Peter, and don't worry about Don, he can handle himself, and Mac's there with him". Sitting back down, Peter tried not to worry.

When they got to the station Don and Mac headed right for Sinclair's office. "It's about time you got here Don, what the hell is going on"? "Listen Sinclair, I'm as much in the dark as you, I have no idea". "Have you been at Danny's all night"? "I have, we've been keeping an eye on Peter, because child service's was fully booked. "Fine....Mac you and your team now have a new case, and solve it quickly, before it reaches the paper's or news".

Leaving the office, Don slammed Sinclair's door. "Easy Don, don't worry, we will figure out who killed him, don't worry, go back to Danny's and get some rest, I'll see you back here in the morning". "It is morning Mac, but thanks for the offer, I'm just going to have a talk with my fellow detective's". "Don't do anything stupid Don, I mean it". "Don't worry Mac, I'll see you in a bit". Heading down to holding, Mac knew he was going to have to, keep a good eye on Don, until they figured out who killed Wendle.

Arriving back at home, Mac found Stella still sound asleep. Undressing he crawled back into bed, and pulled her against him. "Mac....you are freezing". "Sorry love, I had to go see Don". "Why, is something wrong"? "It seems someone released one of the criminal's in holding, and he beat Wendle to death, now Sinclair is blaming Don, because two of his fellow officer's seen him get heated with him". "Great...if I know Sinclair, he's put us on the case". "He has sweetheart, but before we head out, I need you".

End Chapter.

Back