CSI NY on TV Land?

MacsGirlMel

Mac's Personal Assistant
Why was CSI NY on TV Land channel last night? Did Spike loan them the rights for a few eps or something? *is confused*

I saw that last night. DH even commented on it. He wanted to know if the show was that old already, that TVLand could pick it up. I told him that anything with Gary was considered a classic, no matter how "new" it is, so that's why it was on. I didn't mind watching an ep I haven't seen in ages!

TV Land is somewhat transitioning with their programming and "TV Land Prime". CSI is one of the shows they've added to this lineup.. I don't know why they're doing it... maybe to capitalize on some new viewers? They're taking more recent shows and adding them to their lineup, though.

I guess Leave It To Beaver, Andy Griffith, MASH, and Gunsmoke aren't pulling in the viewers. They're also now showing 3rd Rock from the Sun and I think CSI LV as well.

CSI: NY was on TV Land last Thursday night-(March 12, 2009). It surprised me. They showed about 4 or 5 episodes in a certain order then they showed them again in that same order. So last Thursday night they had 8-10 hours of CSI: NY. I hope TV Land does add CSI: NY to its line up. I can't watch CSI: NY on Spike in the afternoons because it's up against other shows I wanna see.
Bonnie Hunt Show at 2 PM on our local NBC station--ch. 9.
The Insider at 3:30 PM on our local ABC station--ch. 7.
Ellen DeGeneres at 4 PM on our local CBS station--ch. 4.
Knight Rider on RTN-(Retro Television Network--ch. 211) at 6 PM.
Spike is ch. 15 here where I live.
Adding CSI: NY would be the first good thing TV Land has done since they temporarily added The Monkees a few summers back. Temporarily, The Monkees didn't stay added long. :( Bummer. :(
I like...correction...I LOVE The Monkees.

CSI: NY is on TV Land right now. The episode that's showing right now is the season 2 episode "Stealing Home". The one where the girl dressed as a mermaid was killed and the other story in it is the man who had 2 wives and he was shot in the eye coming out of his apartment. Here in a minute or 2 the season 2 episode "Heroes" will start shoing.

EDIT
Heroes is on now. According to the guide that I can pull up with this cable box I have the season 2 episode "Charge of This Post" will be next. "Charge of This Post" will be the last episode tonight. I can't find it on TV Land after tonight but the guide only goes to Sunday afternoon. I checked TV Guide March 30-April 12 double issue and it don't show it Thursday April 2nd or Thursday April 9th either.

Last edited:
Something on the TV Land site mentioned a CSI:NY 'marathon' every Thursday in March - not sure if it'll continue beyond that (probably depends on how many people tune in.)

I just found this thing about "TV Land Prime". (It doesn't mention CSI:NY, but it explains what the purpose is supposed to be.)

I'm not sure about syndication and exactly how it works - but it might help that TV Land and SpikeTV are both owned by MTV Networks.

Thanks for the info, Faylinn.
Now I'm both sad :( and angry. :klingon: :evil: :angryrazz: :brickwall: :mad: :censored:
:( Sad because it won't be on TV Land Prime next Thursday.
:klingon: :evil: :angryrazz: :brickwall: :mad: :censored: Angry because, apparently, TV Land Prime isn't gonna add it to their line-up since it wasn't mentioned on the page your "this" link went to.
Right now I just wanna...scream!!! :scream:

Back