CSI NY DVD's question

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Ceindreadh, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Can anybody tell me (or direct me to a site with that information), what commentaries there are on the CSI NY dvd sets?

Thanks

2. Meta

Meta Hit and Run

I think I read somewhere that there won't be any commentaries this time around.

3. Mac's Girl

Mac's Girl Witness

Series 1 is the only series here in the UK with commentaries. They are Blink, Creatures of the Night, Outside Man, Officer Blue and Recycling on box set 1. and Box set 2 only has Tanglewood.

Series 2 doesnt have any on either box. Same with Series 3. Don't know about Series 4 or Series 5 box set 1.:(

Hope this was helpful :)

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

ok, so season 5 landed on my doorstep this morning. yaaay!!!

however they've changed the packaging which i'm a bit sad about - in the past they've been a dvd sleeve with 2 "books" of dvds in, ie cardboard covers with 3 plastic "pages" with a disc on each page. i like that format, i think it's quite cool and sets boxed sets apart from normal dvds.

this time there's still the sleeve but instead of 2 "books" there's one normal dvd case, just with 6 dvd slots. i mean, it's not exactly an earth shattering tragedy or anything, but the old format was cool and this is a bit less so. also it'll look odd on my dvd shelf to have 4 seasons the same and one odd one (especially given that the part 1 of season 5 came in the old format). i might see how part 2 comes and then buy that and get rid of the complete set (to a friend or something) - it's kinda petty of me i guess but i'd rather have 2 box sets that i like the format of and that fit, than one odd, annoying one!

as for dvd extras - we have (nb i've not watched these yet, i'll update once i have!):

pre-production: planning the perfect murder
    production: shoot to kill
    post-production: crime scene clean up
    celebrating 100: evidence of a hit

i'll let y'all know if they're any good :) well, if i can get over the stupid format issues:guffaw::guffaw:

ok i've watched the first two extras now which were sort of doco type things on how the show is put together - it was pretty interesting really, it's amazing how much tiny detail goes into these things!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  5. Nat_attack

Nat_attack Rookie

How did you get Season 5 DVD already? :eek: I thought it came out on Sep. 29th??

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

part 1 came out august 10th, complete came out yesterday, part 2 comes out next week i think - or at least that's here in the uk. i suspect it's later in the states, which is odd as you guys get it on tv earlier...