CSI:NY doing well in reruns

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Islandgirl, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

CSI:NY is continuing to do well in reruns; many episodes are attracting more viewers in the summer repeats than they got when they originally aired. CSI:NY was the sixth most-watched show on TV last week.

2. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

That's awesome news! Glad to hear it's attracting more viewers, somehow that doesn't surprise me, I personally know a lot of folks in real life and online who started getting more & more interested in it, as their affection & interest started waning for CSI original, this past season. Where did you read that? I'd love to check it out...

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

That's great to hear. :D I think it also has to do with the fact that the shows it was competing with during the season aren't showing new episodes either, so people are tuning in to shows they didn't see much of during the season, NY included. Maybe they'll have some fans stick around in the fall. ;)

4. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

The placement in the Nielsen’s is higher not the number of viewers, there is a difference, not to be a kill joy, but . . . The viewership is around 9 million in the summer and about 14 to 15 million in the fall. On a side note, repeats of original programming don't help set advertising rates and a lot of network revenue comes from just that.

Ali

5. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Does anyone know when Spike is going to start running reruns?