'CSI:NY' Casts Natalie Martinez, Features Music From Green Day

CSI Files

Captain
Natalie Martinez will join CSI: New York in a recurring role this fall, and the fourth episode of season nine will include new music from Green Day. (Spoilers after the jump!) According to CBS, Martinez will play “an NYPD detective who works closely with [Don] Flack (Eddie Cahill), but it will become clear that there [...]

More...

I'm not worried about Lindsay - I'm sure the injury will be minor.

However, I am curious about Natalie's character. She was on Detroit 1-8-7, which I liked, and I'm glad they cast a Cuban-American actress since diversity on this show is not as great as it should be for a series set in New York City. I can't wait to see what they have planned. :D

So it's Jessica Angell 2.0? Whatever happened to the budget cuts? Thought that was the reason behind offing her character. :confused:

I'm really hoping there's more to this new character than Angell 2.0, and I'm also happy about someone who isn't white being cast.

As for Lindsay, the best thing they could do would be put her in a coma for the season. Since they won't do that I'm also guessing her injury will be minor and never mentioned beyond that individual episode.

Eh, I won't assume it's Angell 2.0 until we see more of the character. It would be nice if she came in and wasn't a love interest, just because that's so obvious, but I won't be the slightest bit surprised if she and Flack have chemistry (at the very least) - and tbh, it would be good for Flack to flirt a bit and maybe move on. I loved Angell (still love her), but if this is the show's last season (or even if it's not), it would be nice to see a bit more personal stuff woven in for all of the characters.

IDK about budget cuts, but it might have to do with how large her part is and whatnot - plus, Angell had been around for a while. Maybe the amount an actor is paid depends on how long they've been on the show? I have no idea how any of that works, so ignore me. :lol:

(Although if money is an issue, I'd rather see 20 episodes this season with just the core cast and without as many bells and whistles, rather than 18 episodes with more actors and fancy effects and whatnot.)

Re: Lindsay's injury, my first thought was that it might be one more thing to make her and Danny talk about leaving the city to raise Lucy - although if they stay in the same line of work, they'll be in danger whether they live in NYC or the middle of nowhere. (Or perhaps one or both of them will consider a change of career? IDK IDK, we'll see.)

Re: Lindsay's injury, my first thought was that it might be one more thing to make her and Danny talk about leaving the city to raise Lucy - although if they stay in the same line of work, they'll be in danger whether they live in NYC or the middle of nowhere. (Or perhaps one or both of them will consider a change of career? IDK IDK, we'll see.)

That could actually be interesting, but I don't give TPTB enough credit to actually deal with that type of continuity.

That could actually be interesting, but I don't give TPTB enough credit to actually deal with that type of continuity.

I bet whatever that was talked about in the finale to be forgotten. Well, except for the shooting anyway.

Oh, I see. He's in the spoilers for the new episodes, so I'm pretty sure he'll be back.

Back