CSI: New York--'What Schemes May Come'

I just think M/P and D/L come across in very different ways on the show. *shrug* I don't wait for M/P scenes with bated breath, but I can enjoy them when they happen. With D/L, I cringe and hope that the scene can end without something happening.

As big of an ego as some seem to think I have, ultimately my opinion is just one person's opinion.
Waitwaitwait...are you telling me that your review isn't meant to reflect the opinion of every fan ever to watch the show?!?!?! [/sarcasm] :p

allstar12 said:
Haha, Top, you're not gonna live that "Dindsay" thing die are you. That's gotta be one of the worst name combos since "Brangelina" and "Vaughniston" :lol:

Oh hell no! :lol: :D That's pure gold. Thank you, Mr. Ausiello for coming up with a name that so accurately reflects the pairing.

SimplyBlue said:
Yeah well, your egotisical reviews are making the internet rounds. :p

Well, you know what they say...you're nobody until somebody on the internet hates you. :lol:

Though as far as Mac and Peyton are concerned, I think as a regular ME she wouldn't necessarily be one of my favorites, but in a relationship with Mac, I appreciate how she manages to give him some much needed personality layering. I'll be honest and say Mac use to be kind of bore me, but with the introduction of Reed and Peyton, I like seeing there's more to him.

I'm of the same mind about Mac. I couldn't stand him first season and could barely muster up any interest in him second season. Peyton and Reed have really fleshed out his character and given the audience more to go on than he's a stoic who takes his job seriously. That just adds up to a huge yawner.

But yeah, if Mac and Peyton are working a crime scene, I'm not constantly reminded that they "like-like" each other. It's not until you have Mac hauling ass across the lab that you remember he's in a relationship.

Exactly, and that's why I can enjoy it without feeling like I'm being condescended to by an overly obvious and clumsy attempt to inject romance into a crime drama.

Faylinn said:
I just think M/P and D/L come across in very different ways on the show. *shrug* I don't wait for M/P scenes with bated breath, but I can enjoy them when they happen. With D/L, I cringe and hope that the scene can end without something happening.

Exactly. Mac and Peyton don't pull me out of the story; Dindsay does, and it's not pretty.

Waitwaitwait...are you telling me that your review isn't meant to reflect the opinion of every fan ever to watch the show?!?!?! [/sarcasm] :p

Just the smart, savvy, unbelievably sexy ones. ;)

I must say, "Dindsay" is pretty funny. Nothing against Mr. Ausiello, don't know the guy, but I have to chuckle at the name. Sounds really strange to me...almost like the word ditz or something. Comes off like that anyways *shrug*

dl_shipper34 said:
I must say, "Dindsay" is pretty funny. Nothing against Mr. Ausiello, don't know the guy, but I have to chuckle at the name. Sounds really strange to me...almost like the word ditz or something. Comes off like that anyways *shrug*

I think he was trying to make it funny. One of Ausiello's big things is making fun of the "Bennifer" and "Bradgelina" type monikers that are so popular these days. Dindsay cracked me up, too... :lol:

^^That makes more sense now lol. When I read the interview I was like "Dinsday??" o_0. Well he made it funny alright. Hey I may be a major D/L shipper but yikes :eek:

I'm not a huge fan of Anna Belknap on CSI:NY because I liked her better on Medical Investigation. She was more of a better character on there. I think for the most part she is still trying to not be stiff and all with her lines. Most of the time they are stilted and not natural but when her and Carmine do a scene together where something personal has happened to one or both it comes out more natural. I think Anna just doesnt have any experience with forensics in any compacity and it just shows how stilted her character is. My opinion is that she needs to attend a forensics seminar or attend a forensics school to get a bit of hands on experience in between shoots. I think it would help her character out tons if she did that.

CSI_Forensics said:
I'm not a huge fan of Anna Belknap on CSI:NY because I liked her better on Medical Investigation. She was more of a better character on there. I think for the most part she is still trying to not be stiff and all with her lines. Most of the time they are stilted and not natural but when her and Carmine do a scene together where something personal has happened to one or both it comes out more natural. I think Anna just doesnt have any experience with forensics in any compacity and it just shows how stilted her character is. My opinion is that she needs to attend a forensics seminar or attend a forensics school to get a bit of hands on experience in between shoots. I think it would help her character out tons if she did that.

I think for me it's the opposite--she usually does okay with the forensics. Not great, but okay. For me, that's when she's most believable. I buy her as a lab geek, which is why I think she'd be better in a smaller role, along the lines of Adam's. I don't think she can't do the emotional scenes, or the personal ones or the ones with Carmine. For me, that's when she's at her worse.

I've only seen a handful of Medical Investigation episodes--6, I think--but she's better on that than she's ever been on NY. I don't think she's a stellar actress, but part of it must be the writing--she simply can't handle the heavy, emotional scenes.

Back