'CSI: New York' To Lose One Of Its Main Characters

CSI Files

Captain
The sophomore season of CSI: New York will see the departure of one of its original characters, according to series creator <font color=yellow>Anthony Zuiker</font>.

"In the first two episodes, we'll lose one of our (six) main cast members," Zuiker said from the TCS Summer Press Tour party. "It will be very exciting." Though Zuiker did not reveal who or how, it's been reported that the character will die. That leaves fans speculating who will bite the dust.

<font color=yellow>Gary Sinise</font> (Mac Taylor) recently announced 5 more years remain in his contract, and co-star <font color=yellow>Melina Kanakaredes</font> (Stella Bonasera) seems like an unlikely target. Actor <font color=yellow>Hill Harper</font> (Dr. Sheldon Hawkes) will see his character transition from the morgue to the field this season, and <font color=yellow>Carmine Giovinazzo's</font> Danny Messer is currently involved in a gang related storyline that promises to come to light again during season two. That leaves <font color=yellow>Eddie Cahill</font> (Det. Don Flack) and <font color=yellow>Vanessa Ferlito</font> (Aiden Burn), whose characters received fewer storylines throughout season one.

This is not the first time the CSI franchise has bid farewell to an actor. CSI: Miami last year lost <font color=yellow>Rory Cochrane</font>, whose Timothy Speedle was shot in the line of duty, because the actor did not want to continue working on the series. This year, Miami will lose <font color=yellow>Sofia Milos</font> (Yelina Salas), as the producers admitted her storyline had run its course.

But CSI: New York will not see a hole in the wake of the mysterious departure, as a new character will join the cast this season. Summer Hamilton, a CSI from the Boise division in Idaho, will join Mac's team on the season premiere, "Summer in the City." It is not yet known who will portray Hamilton.

Visit Buffalo News or Inside Bay Area to read the original reports.<center></center>

Has there been any official confirmation that the producers of CSI:Miami have admitted that Yelina's storyline has run it's course? I would be very grateful if anyone could clarify this. Thanks.

Uncertain about that, Lucy, sorry.

As for NY... WOW! And I was just getting comfortable with everybody. Sheesh. I don't think I'd want to see either Aiden or Flack go... hmmm. Are there any other more obscure characters that might be more likely? Oh, but I think it said one of the main cast, right?

Crap!

Ditto Baba. It seems to have been narrowed down to Flack, Danny or Aiden. :(

We just talked to Carmine, didn't we, though? And he didn't seem like he was going to leave... Oh, gosh! They can't have Aiden leave... DnA is the cutest and one of the only actual ships that I've considered boarding that look plausible. Stella is supposed to get a new boy-toy this season, so unless this boy-toy causes her demise by the second episode, that's a no-go for her. And Flack is just a super-awesome detective! I can't imagine having to say good-bye to him so soon. Hawkes is just now entering the field... Oh, gosh, what if we have another Holly Gribbs!? O_O

Oh wow... this is surprising! This is insane!

I find it odd that they're cutting characters on the two spinoffs but insist upon messing with the marvelous chemistry of the first by teasing that they're going to add new people. :confused:

---------------------
LADY HEATHER: Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you've got everything
it takes to make a great Dominatrix.

CATHERINE: I take that as a compliment.

Flack or Aiden? Aiden or Flack? It's like trying to choose which of yours hands you'd cut off. I'm leaning towards Aiden, although all you DNA freaks will kill me. :lol:

I have a bad feeling it'll be Aiden, just because the new character is female...but I don't want it to be Aiden. They should kill off a guy and balance it out, 3 men, 3 women.

Oh you gotta be kidding me. They just can't.

If it's Danny I will be angry. I will also be angry if it's Don or Hawkes. But unforuntately I can safely say it's definitely gonna be one of them.

I have a very bad feeling that it might be Aiden, especially with the new female character joining the cast. It seems she's had the least of the storyline so far, so they're not cutting of any possible storylines they've already opened if it's her.
Does that make sense to people?

I don`t want any of them to go, out of all the csi, csi ny was the only one where I did love all the characters, and now there killing one off :(

Nooo!!! They cant cut Aiden!! Just because they didnt give her any personal storylines or backstory at all last season, we have to say bye-bye?! Not gna happen!!!

Personally, all Flack adds is a bit of comedic value, and although he gave me my favourite quote ("Whoa, Benzosothyazolonal?!" :D) i wouldnt be too heartbroken if he went...If Aiden went though...grrrrr!!

We'd get no DnA or even just Danny and Aiden friendship which brings so much light to the show...

Okay, I'm pissed.
NY was the first show where I actually liked all the characters from, and now someone must actually die?? I hope it's Flack, no offence. But they can't kill off Aiden!! Let her move to another place or get fired, but do not kill her! That's just plain cruelty! But chances are big it's her... the actress is gonna do a movie and there's another CSI gal coming so.. That Summer better be hot and have chemistry with Danny, otherwise I won't like this show as much anymore.

It's a tough call, for sure. I guess I'd have to go with Aiden. So far she's the one who's made the least impression on me, but man- it's only been 1 season after all. Jeeze.

i think it might be flack because he's not an actual CSI so it won't be as big a loss as if it was any of the CSI's. Plus, we've had a personal story for flack in "The Fall" and Aiden's had nothing.

Back