CSI: New York--'Love Run Cold'

CSI Files

Captain
Synopsis:

A launch party for a new brand of vodka is disrupted when Tanya Nettles, a model working at the party is found dead. After determining the murder weapon was an icicle from the party, Mac leaves Danny and Lindsay in charge of collecting evidence when he's called away to another crime scene. Danny is disgruntled that Lindsay stood him up for dinner, but she brushes him off by telling him that something came up. The two collect several feathers in the basement near Tanya's dressing room while Flack questions Tanya's boyfriend Liam, who tells him that he was running late to the event and worried that Tanya would be upset with him. He was on his way back from his parents' house in the Catskills, and changed for the party in the car. In the morgue, Dr. Hammerback finds vodka in Tanya's stomach, even though her BAC is 0.0%. Danny theorizes that she may have been killed with one of the icicle-shaped vodka glasses. The feathers prove to be from the costumes of the waiters and waitresses. There's a smudge of grease on Tanya's face from the platform her body was lifted up on, as well as a piece of gum with DNA from an unidentified female.

Mac joins Stella at the New York marathon, where Owen Reed lies dead near an aid station. Though it appears he was pushed and hit his head on the curb, Dr. Hawkes notices evidence of what seems to be cyanide poisoning. Hammerback contradicts both theories, saying that Owen died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Frostbite on his face indicates he was sprayed directly with it. Stella suspects a high pressure valve she found at the scene may have been involved. She also recovers small, orange balls from Owen's shirt which prove to be fish eggs commonly used in sushi. The puzzling clues don't present an obvious answer, so the CSIs turn to motive and possible witnesses. One of the runners near Reed was Michael Gibson, a man involved in a lawsuit against Reed. The slick businessman admits to slapping Reed on the back during the race, but denies any involvement beyond that.

Danny and Flack question Colin Flynn, the bar's manager. The sleazy club owner admits a scratch on his face is from Tanya, who hit him after he spied on her in her dressing room, but denies killing her. Danny tricks him into touching a car by the sidewalk, allowing the CSI to lift his prints. The gum found at the scene has teeth impressions that don't match Tanya, traces of nicotine and spearmint lead Lindsay to Jennifer, a waitress at the party envious of Tanya. Jennifer confesses they scuffled, but refuses to give Lindsay her fingerprints. The CSIs turn back to the feathers, and Lindsay notices one is a synthetic feather used in fly-fishing. Danny recalls Tanya's boyfriend Liam was up in the Catskills, and could have been fishing. Danny and Flack interrogate Liam, who was falling apart over his crumbling relationship with Tanya. When he confronted her in the basement before her grand entrance at the party, she broke up with him and he stabbed her in a fit of anger. The case closed, Danny confronts Lindsay about their mutual attraction, and she tells him that while she has feelings for him, there are things she has to work through before she can be in a relationship.

<HR ALIGN="CENTER" SIZE="1" WIDTH="45%" COLOR="#007BB5">

To read the full reviews, please click here.<center></center>

This is one of my favorite shows and will remain so, but I was as disappointed as the reviewer here. Re: Lindsey and Danny, agree it's refreshing to see an attraction between coworkers addressed upfront, not like the six-year furtive, whatever between the couple on CSI, Grissom and Sara. Granted nobody is perfect, so I'll continue to hang in there with New York. Seldom disappoints.

I disagree. I feel that Lindsay and Danny have strong feelings for each other. I think that maybe she is too scared to get involved with him or anyone for that matter.

You could see not only the hurt in his eyes but the hurt in her eyes too.

I think Carmine and Anna do wonderful jobs acting out thier feelings.

I have a theory. I think that maybe Lindsay stood Danny up because maybe she got a phone call from back home concerning her past and she was upset and didn't know how to handle it.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Excellent review, again. ;) This pointed out a lot of the problems I had with the episode, namely that the cases just didn't grab me. Even if the cases were a bit predictable, the science itself should have drawn me in. But, alas, it didn't happen.

Regarding the whole Danny/Lindsay thing, I'm so over it. If she didn't want to pursue an active relationship, why not just decline a dinner invitation rather than stand him up and then avoid him? Danny acted more than usual like a drama queen, and was I really supposed to feel for him? Maybe if I felt the relationship actually grew from something into something more, perhaps, but I just don't see it. The writers obviously intend for something to be there, but they are jumping all over the place and I'm not exactly impressed. It's like they're neglecting things that need to be said and harping on the things that should be left to the imagination.

Danny: *whine*
Lindsay: It's not you, it's me.
Danny: *pout*

Yeah, that's really going to get my heart fluttering. :rolleyes:

"This pairing has lacked both chemistry and originality from the beginning, and it would be nice if this was the end of it, though I sincerely doubt it is. "

- I agree, and I have the same thought since they started to pair them. (my apology for those d/l fans...) But if they (the writers) have other things in mind why they decide to do that....let's just wait and see....

Yeah, I'm kind of "over it" too, for the most part. They're pairing the two, but in the worst way possible, and rolling out every cliche in the book. "It's not you, it's me"? Writers should be ashamed to use that line. The whole Danny/Lindsay thing has been one cliche after another, though, so I didn't really expect better. The only bright moment was when he actually flat out confronted her--that was refreshingly straightforward, but then it just lead to more cliches.

The cases grabbed me initially and then dropped off a bit and then kept declining, until they led to one pat resolution and one out of left field one. After last week's episode, it was definitely a let down.

I'm still hanging on for some more D/L chemistry. I think they are two great characters. However, Lindsay just needs a wake up call as she has a drop-dead gorgeous man waiting for her.

I was kind of surprised that CBS and/or the show producers decided not to air a rerun of this episode. This week was "Jamalot" (all of the CSI shows apparently did older eps as reruns), but "Love Run Cold" is being skipped over in favor of "Hung Out to Dry." "Hung Out to Dry" got much higher ratings and was a much better episode, but I'm surprised "Love Run Cold" is being skipped altogether. I wonder what the reasoning behind that is.

I could be wrong, but I think that LRC has been re-run recently, but it wasn't on a Wednesday night. It may have been a Tuesday or a Thursday.... I think. I remember I was online and someone said it was on. **runs to check chat transcripts**

Edit: It was on Tuesday 19th. Interesting placement for an episode.

I thought it was weird that not only was it aired on a Tuesday, but they showed it before the rerun of Not What It Looks Like.

Interesting--I wonder why they buried it like that. Both "Not What It Looks Like" and "Hung Out to Dry" were much, much stronger eps, so I wonder if that had anything to do with it...especially given that it was rerun before NWILL.

Or maybe Anna was going on Maternity leave so hastily they had to write her character out for a while.

BTW, sorry to do this but the review contains an error. The gas was CO (carbon monoxide) not CO2 (Carbon dioxide) as any high school chemistry student will tell you.

Sticks said:
Or maybe Anna was going on Maternity leave so hastily they had to write her character out for a while.

What on earth would that have to do with them scheduling a rerun out of order on a off night? :confused:

BTW, sorry to do this but the review contains an error. The gas was CO (carbon monoxide) not CO2 (Carbon dioxide) as any high school chemistry student will tell you.

Thanks for catching that. Unfortunately it's too late to go back in the system to edit it--our system is kind of strange that way.

The gas was CO (carbon monoxide) not CO2 (Carbon dioxide) as any high school chemistry student will tell you.
Heh, I wasn't beta-ing your reviews when "LRC" came on, was I? Ah well, I would have missed that one anyway--college chemistry was a while ago. :p

And I agree that the maternity leave excuse is really thin. It seems to be an all-purpose excuse for anything bad/strange/etc about this season...

^ :lol: Beta-ing my reviews--I love it! It is helpful. :D

I'm so tired of hearing the maternity leave excuse. It doesn't explain Anna's weak acting in season two, nor the poor, inconsistant writing of Lindsay's character throughout season two. It's not like Lindsay suddenly became an inferior character in the third season. She's been that all along, long before Anna got pregnant.

Back