CSI:Miami - Whispers and Screams

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by adorelo, Oct 21, 2007.

1. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Set in Season 3-ish. A difficult crime and lots of romace.

Whispers and Screams Chapter 1

---------------------------------

The rain pelted hard against the window, the lightning struck illuminating the room. A brown haired woman sat up in a canopied bed; something wasn’t right. She walked slowly onto the landing, avoiding the creaky floorboards.
    She listened intently for the familiar sound of heavy breathing, but an unnerving silence met her ears.

The window on the far wall was wide open, she could just see the top of a wooden ladder peering over the ledge.

“No!” she whispered quietly under her breath, “Please….No!” She ran across the hall, past the bathroom. Panic possessed her body. There was only one thing on her mind, her children. The blood in her head pumped disturbingly fast as she hurried past the old clock, it struck midnight.

As she approached her sons’ room her feet came in contact with something warm and wet.

‘Water?’ she thought, ‘No it was too thick for that’ There was only one other thing she could think of.

She stepped through the door and froze unable to move.
    “No!” she cried, terror rippled over her face, “Daniel!” The lightning struck again, brighter than before. It lit up a face; a body sat calmly on the bed, a hand emerged from the clock that draped the body in darkness, a sharp blade glinted in the greying moonlight. It was dripping, dripping a thick liquid that was forming a puddle on the floor below.

She screamed…

---------------------------

The light breeze blew the stray leaves around the path, the early morning sunshine bringing an eerie feeling of calm to the garden of the orange brick house. Calleigh breathed in and let out a sigh as she approached the gates and took a look at the crowd of people who had gathered to see what all the commotion was about. 'Do these people have nothing better to do?' she thought bitterly, as she walked up the path towards Alexx. As much as Calleigh loved Alexx; she hated to see her at a crime scene, she knew what a visit from Alexx meant.

“Hey, Alexx!” Calleigh greeted her co-worker, “ What have we got?”

Alexx shook her head, “It’s not good honey. Two dead. Mother and son; stabbed repeatedly- a hell of a lot of blood! . And that’s not all…”

“What is it?,” Calleigh asked, now more than slightly aware that Alexx was shacking slightly.

“Four year old girls missing. No ones seen her since her mother took her home from day care.”

“ Oh my! You thinking sexual predator? Killed the family to get the girl?”

“I’m not thinking anything! That’s your job. All I can say is, I don’t like this.” Alex said bluntly, before signalling with her head that Calleigh should enter the house.

As the back door creaked open, Calleigh was met with the familiar sight of Horatio Caine, her boss.

“Hey, Horatio.”

“Hi, listen, I got a triple down at South Beach. I want you to work this with Eric,” her boss said in a surprisingly calm voice. “but stay away from the press! I do not want this story in the papers until we find this girl. I don’t want him doing anything more stupid than he already has.”

With that Horatio walked out of the door and back down the path Calleigh had just come from. On receiving her orders, she set off through the house to find Eric; locating him on the second floor corridor looking at a huge grandfather clock.

“My dad has a clock like this,” he stated when he noticed her arrival. Strange things like that could always rouse emotions. Seeing something at a scene that reminded you of a family member was a common occurance, and it made the crimes even more horrific. “Anyway, come on, we got a murder to solve. How bout you take the corridor and I’ll take the blood bath?”

“Deal.” she smiled. 'Smiling?!? What am I doing? This is a murder scene. How does he always manage to make me smile?'. She shook her head and moved towards to ladder to process it.

About half an hour later, she began to get the feeling someone was watching her. It was unnerving. She turned around and was greeted with the sight of… John Hagen. Oh great! Just what I needed.

“Hi John,” she said simply. Praying to herself that he would leave. Things had started out alright with John, but his aggressive and possessive behaviour began to scare her so she had broke off their relationship (if you could call it that). He did not take it well.

“Hey Calleigh. How have you been? I haven’t heard from you in a while.” He tried to make eye contact, but she refused him that chance.

“I’ve been busy. What do you need? We haven’t finished processing yet. Are you working this case?” she chattered, feeling slightly nervous

“Oh, errm of course you haven’t. Yeah I am, so I guess I’ll see you back at the lab?"

“Yeah, bye.” She turned and picked up her luminol. When she could still feel his eyes on her she turned, “What do you want John?”

“I want you Calleigh. You know I do.” He looked over her body, focusing on her low cut top. Only averting his eyes when Calleigh raised her hand to cover her neck.

“I think you should leave John.”

“I don’t want to,” he said in a slightly threatening voice.

“Fine.” Calleigh stood up straight and moved to walk down the corridor towards Eric. John raised his arm and blocked her path. When she tried to move past his grip tightened on her waist.

“John, let go your hurting me!” Panic was evident in her voice. 'Stop being stupid,' she told herself, 'why are you getting scared? You’re a CSI you can get yourself out of this.'
    She moved back and looked him calmly in the eye.

“John this has got to stop,” she told him firmly. “Go back to the lab and cool off. We have a four year old girl missing. We don’t have the time for this crap!

“Fine," he spat angrily, “ but this isn’t over Calleigh, this IS NOT over!” With that he turned and stalked away.

Calleigh looked to the ground and sighed.

------------------------------

I'd love to know what you think.

2. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

0.0 Bad Hagen! *hits John with rolled-up newspaper*

Keep writing; this is really good!

3. miami85

miami85 Hit and Run

First stetler and now hagen :D keep on writing! this is really good!!

4. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Whispers and Screams Chapter 2

Yep, if you like Hagen, don't read this. :)

-----------------------------------------

Eric was so deeply engrossed with looking at a fingerprint on the mirror of the son’s room that he barely noticed someone enter. He lifted the print, which he realised was a partial and probably not much us, and placed it carefully in an evidence bag. He looked up to see Calleigh and immediately smiled.

“Hey. You done in the hall?” he asked her. She was facing the other wall, hiding her face.

“Yeah just about,” she replied with a hint of distraction that Eric didn’t fail to notice.

“You ok?” The concern was evident in his voice, his smile diminished. Calleigh turned as he took of his latex gloves.

“Yeah, I’m fine” she said, giving him a fake smile. Now Eric knew something was up. He had been hearing her mandatory response of ‘I’m fine’ a lot since Speed died, and although the women could lie; he thought she deserved an Oscar sometimes the way she could hide her emotions; she never seemed to be able to hide them from him. He always knew if something was bothering her, and he sensed that now though he didn’t know what it was.

“You sure? You seem a little distracted.”

“Yeah, I’m sure” She flashed him another fake smile; really, he was getting sick of seeing that. He couldn’t understand why she wouldn’t open up to him. But he reminded himself that this was Calleigh, she’d talk when she was ready. He didn’t push it.

“Ok, but I’m hear if you wanna talk,” he reminded her. When she nodded he knew her well enough to change the topic. “ Right, according to Alexx the son died first; around 11/ 11:30 last night. Mother at 12ish.”

“We got ID’s yet?”

“Yeah, neighbour found them, called it in. Tommy Sanders , 11. Multiple stab wounds to the back and head; Alexx thinks he was killed in his sleep. And him mom,” Eric pointed to the door way, where a woman lay in a pool of blood. “ Marie Sanders, 35, similar injuries except the perp attacked her from the front, got her in the neck and chest.”

Calleigh shook her head. “Those are very personal injuries; a lot of physical contact. And the girl?”

“Amy, four years old. Still no sign?”

Calleigh shook her head, “ You done here? We should get back to the lab.”

“Lets go.”

Back at the lab Calleigh sat, analysing the knife wound moulds she had gotten from Alexx two hours before. She sighed, she was closer on the make and name of the weapon but even if they found a liable suspect, there were no tool marks to compare it to. All those wounds and not a single bone nicked. She set the mould down and set off to see how Eric was doing with the blood.

“How you doing?” she asked on entering the DNA lab.

“All the blood I’ve tested so far has been either Tommy’s or Marie’s,” he paused to press a couple of buttons. “Oh, and erm, Hagen was looking for you. He said he couldn’t find you in ballistics.” He spoke calmly, trying to keep the irritation he felt for Hagen out of his voice.

“Oh. What did he want?” she asked. Eric noticed her hesitation, but didn’t bring it up.

“He wants you in the interview room, the neighbours need questioning.”

“Ok. I’ll see you later?” she set off, not waiting for his response. Eric sighed, something was up with her, and he didn’t like it.

As Calleigh walked down the dull corridor towards the interview rooms she briefly wondered what the neighbours would give up. Probably the usual, ‘they-were-the-perfect-family’ nonsense; truth is no one really knows their neighbours. She shuddered at this idea but was quickly dragged out of her thoughts by John who was making his way, rather loudly, to where she was stood.

“Hey where were you? I checked in ballistics, you weren’t there?” she caught him looking at her in ‘that way’ again and quickly moved past him towards the door.

“I was with Eric,” she partly lied. Well she was… just not when he was looking.

“Eric,” he spat. “ What’s going on with you two?” When she looked at him confused he continued. “ You were all over him when we were dating, you can't keep away from him now. You sleeping with him?”

She frowned, “ Not that it’s any of your business, but no I’m not.” She moved to walk past him again but he caught hold of her wrist. She looked at him.

“It is my business Calleigh. You were sleepin’ with him when we were going out weren’t you?” he growled, not giving her a chance to reply. He raised his voice, “ You stupid little Bitch!” His grip tightened around her wrist. “I’m gonna…”

He was cut off by the arrival Eric, “ What’s going on?” He looked at Calleigh, who was staring at the floor, John dropped her arm and stepped back. Eric took no notice of him and just stared at Calleigh “ You okay, Calleigh?”.

“I’m fine, it’s nothing Eric. It’s Okay.” She turned her back and walked into the empty interview room.

“What’s going on Hagen?” Eric asked, his tone threatening.

“Nothings going on, we were just having a nice little chat and I... um... I want you to stay away from Calleigh, ” Hagen replied stressing the last four words. "She's mine."

Eric laughed sarcastically, “ I don’t think so, Calleigh’s not yours. And I think it’s you who needs to stay away from her!”

“Why?”

“Why? Because I said so. You gotta problem Hagen and if I hear you say one more word to Calleigh that doesn’t concern a case. I swear to god it’s gonna be the last thing you say. ” Eric pushed the bigger man into the wall and entered the room.

--------------

Thanks for your comments. Please keep letting me know what you think.

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

interesting start...what pairings will there be?

6. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Ahhh if I say that, people will stop reading!!

Ok, Eric and Calleigh. I am not sure about any others. I already have this finished but I am editing and changing things before I post.

I hope people will keep reading. The case is interesting and there is alot of drama.

Jodie

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

7. HC_4_my_birthday

HC_4_my_birthday Lab Technician

adorelo great start got me hooked,liked the way Eric handled John :)

8. Megan930

Megan930 Rookie

Great start, I love it:)

9. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Chapter 3

------------------

Calleigh stood in the corner of the interview room silently running her hands through her blond hair. 'Why is this happening?' she thought. She was always the strong one, the person who took all the heart-ache without showing any sign that it was getting to her. Yet here she was, almost in tears. Truth was, she was scared; scared of John. She briefly remembered why she had ended it, and that memory made her shudder.

“ I can’t believe you said that about my dad!” Calleigh said as she walked into her apartment. “You don’t even know him!”

“Oh come on Calleigh, the guy’s ruining your life. You gotta pick him up every other night from some random bar. That’s not a father, that’s an alcoholic.”

“He’s my dad John, why can’t you understand that?”

“Ok, I’m sorry,” John said suddenly; leaning forward to touch her hips.

“No, get off me John; it’s not ok.” She took his hands off her, which seemed to make him angry.

“Oh, so I can’t even touch you now. When your with me, you do as I say, Calleigh.” He pressed her against the wall and leaned in to kiss her neck.

“John! Get off me,” she screamed, pushing him back. She immediately saw she anger flash through his eyes and didn’t have a chance to react before he raised his hand and brought it crashing to her cheek.

John stepped back, noting her shocked expression, he calmly said, “you made me do that Calleigh. It was your fault.” She brought her hand to rub her cheek.

“Get out.” He didn’t move. “GET. OUT!” she screamed at him.

She breathed deeply, not letting her tears fall until she heard the door close behind him.

She touched her cheek tentatively remembering where he had hit her. She momentarily berated herself for not reporting it but reminded herself she was better than him and would deal with it in her own way. Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the door buzzing open. She knew it was him, even before he spoke.

“Hey Eric,” she whispered, her voice child-like. Eric’s heart skipped a beat, he had never heard Calleigh sound so weak. “I’m ok,” she said, anticipating his question. Eric never liked John, from the first day he met him he knew he was bad news.

Eric walked over to where she was stood and placed his hand gently on her shoulder; not failing to feel the shiver that ran down her back. Calleigh leaned into his touch, thinking how Eric’s touch was different to John’s; it wasn’t suffocating, Eric’s was… nice.

She turned around and actually let him bring her into a soft hug. A move that was very un-Calleigh-like. Eric knew, normally, Calleigh had this kind of wall around herself and every time Eric would break one part of it down, something would happen and she’d put it back up again. It used to annoy him, but now he knew more about her past with her farther, her childhood and now John; he could understand why she shut away her emotions.

But he still liked it, rare as it was, when all her walls fell down. When she became Calleigh, no masks no pretences, just Calleigh. It was during those moments he felt like there could actually be something between them, when he could see them moving past the flirting and onto something more real. Yet he thought, deep down, that nothing could happen between them; that he wouldn’t be good enough for her.

He did know he’d be better than Hagen. He chuckled internally. Man, a toilet brush would be better than Hagen.

Calleigh, pulling back from their embrace, smiled at him, a genuine smile. “ Let’s get these interviews over with,” she sighed.

Five hours, thirty-six minuets and twenty-one seconds later and all but one of the interviews were complete. And they had no leads, no new information and no suspects.

Eric sighed with exasperation, “Does no one notice anything around here!” He looked at a sheet of paper, “ Oh, this should be interesting, Jessica Willson, the neighbour who called in the scene has just arrived. She should have some information and maybe…” He was cut off by the sound of his beeper. “DNA’s in I should go check it out,” he read, before rising and opened the door.

As Eric stepped out John moved to walk into the room. Eric blocked his path. He couldn’t stop John from being there, he did have a job to do. But he still didn’t like it. “You gonna be alright Cal?” Eric used the nickname he knew John could never call her; using their deep friendship against him.

“Yeah. Will you send Jessica in?” she replied, trying to diffuse the hostile situation that was developing. Eric nodded and gave John a threatening glare.

John moved back, letting Eric passed; a sign of weakness that Eric noticed was reflected in his face. John walked into the room and closed the door.

“So Miss Wilson. Can you tell me what happened. Right from the beginning please?” Calleigh asked politely; more than slightly aware that John’s eyes were on her again, giving her a negative feeling she was experiencing quite a lot.

“Well, I was just putting some fresh milk down for my cat, Whiskers, about 7:30 when I noticed that there was a ladder propped up against Marie’s window. I thought, ‘that can’t be right’ because her second-husband usually did the DIY; but never at night. I haven’t seen him for quite a while now, he’s in Chicago on business."

“Her second husband?” Calleigh queried.

“Yes, the youngest two kids are with the second husband, Barry Sanders and her eldest son’s with the first.”

Calleigh turned, “Detective Hagen, will you contact this Barry Sanders; break the news?”

"Sure” He stood up and, with one last fleeting glance at Calleigh which she didn’t return, he left.

“What was the name of her first husband?” Calleigh asked Jessica.

“Carlos Kusarova, nasty piece of work. Their son Jake, he’s not much better. She kicked them out twelve years ago, before she met Barry and got herself a better life.”

“Yeah, well, you know what? Someone ended it.”

-----------------

Let me know what you think?

10. Megan930

Megan930 Rookie

Someone needs to put Hagen in his place, he's so disgusting. Calleigh can't even do her job without him making passes.

11. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

JUst started to read and loving it already! :)

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

yeah *smacks John in the head* I agree lol

hmm Sanders...he's not one of Greg's relatives is he? lol had to say it

13. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

^^ You know, that never even occured to me! :lol:

----------------------
    Chapter 4

Calleigh span round in her chair, looking at the computer screen. Running Carlos Kusarova through the database was not as easy as she first anticipated. It seemed, as violent and abusive Carlos was made out to be, he had never been arrested for anything.
    Just as she was beginning to give up, it hit! She looked hard at the screen and couldn’t believe what she was seeing.

Name- Carlos Renaldo Kusarova.
    DOB- 14-7-1961
    Hair color- brown
    Eye color- brown
    Height- 6”4’
    Arrests- DUI- 19-3-1984
    - indecent exposure- 1-1-2000
    -sexual assault- 4-5-2001.

She looked at the image provided by the data base and shuddered. His dark eyes stared into her and she could almost see the maliciousness emitting from him. He sported a smug smile, the picture was from the sexual assault case, Calleigh had looked at the case notes and seen he had assaulted a seven year old girl and had gotten four years in jail.
    Calleigh began to wonder if Carlos had taken Amy, his crimes seemed to be escalating on his record. Maybe she was right, maybe it was a sexual predator who took Amy, and maybe that sexual predator was Carlos.
    These thoughts played on Calleigh’s mind as she noted the address and set of to pay this man a visit. Eric joined her and, on the way, he told her his findings.

“So, I ran the DNA from the blood collected at the scene. All of it belonged to either the mother or the son,” he paused, “Except, I isolated one sample which belonged to neither victim.”

“Amy, the missing girl?” Calleigh queried, thinking the girl was hurt.

“No, there weren’t any of the common markers you would usually see with a direct family member. And besides, it was male…”

“Really! Well lets go pay Carlos a visit, he has motive and we should get a warrant for his DNA, just to compare,” she replied, cheerily as they walked over to his car. Neither noticed John Hagen stood in the doorway; watching their every move.

“Carlos Kusarova?” Calleigh asked as a tall dark haired man answered the door.

“¿Si. Que quiere saber?” the man said, looking at the pair suspiciously.

“Calleigh Duquesne y Eric Delko del Laboratorio del crimen die Miami Dade. ¿Habla usted Inglès señor?

“Yes, I speak English. What’s this about?” he queried, a heavy Spanish accent coming through. His eyes flickered between Eric and Calleigh momentarily, as though attempting to decipher the situation.

“May we come in?” Eric asked . The man nodded and opened the door, walking in, not looking to see if the pair were following him. Eric held the door open for Calleigh in a gentlemanly gesture that didn’t go unnoticed. Calleigh smiled.

Once they were in the front room with Carlos, Calleigh began the interview. “Mr. Kusarova, I’m afraid we have some bad news.” He didn’t say anything. She wanted to treat him as a suspect, but without proper evidence she had to regard him as a relative. “Your ex-wife was murdered last night.”

Carlos looked at Calleigh, an unreadable expression on his face, “Which one?” he asked tonelessly. Calleigh was disgusted by his lack of emotion.

“Marie Sanders, your son’s mother?” Calleigh clarified, shocked he would respond in such a way.

“Oh, right. Shame,” he said, clearly not bothered. “And I suppose I’m a suspect?”

“Everyone’s a suspect. Until we can finds out what happened,” Calleigh retorted, “Will you provide us with a DNA sample, or do we need a warrant?”

“No, I got nothing to hide. I’m innocent.” He spat on the floor and pointed at the stain. “Get it and get out. Were finished. Terminar!” He wandered of into the back room, muttering obsenities in Spanish.

“Great!” Calleigh quipped sarcastically, even though Carlos couldn’t hear her, “Thanks for your help”

Eric gathered the evidence and they set of back to the lab.

“Hey.” Eric greeted Calleigh as she entered the lab. “So I ran Carlos’s spit against the unidentified sample and; no match. His blood wasn’t at the crime scene, but it did belong to a male relative.”

“Well, that doesn’t mean, he wasn’t there,” Calleigh mused “He could be an accomplice or it could have been …” She was cut of when John entered the lab.

“No he couldn’t. He has an alibi. You know that poker tournament at the Havored Hotel, it’s being filmed. Live. We have him there, on camera, the whole time.” He paused, “I also ran his phone records; no suspicious calls were placed round the time of the murder. He’s clear.”

Calleigh looked at John; actually quite impressed by his work. Eric simply rolled his eyes and looked back at the computer.

“Has any one managed to located the son yet? It could be his blood at the scene,” Calleigh queried. The men both shook their heads. Calleigh looked at the file in front of her.

At that moment Horatio walked through the door, all three investigators turned to look at their superior. Horatio arriving in the middle of a case was not normally a good thing.

“Guys,” Horatio said, all business as usual. “We have a problem.” Noting the confused faces he continued, Your looking for Jake Kusarova right?”

“Yeah,” Calleigh said. “He’s a possible suspect, why?”

“Well, Jakes also the prime suspect in my triple. And he seems to be MIA.”

Calleigh raised her eyebrows, “Wow! We do have a problem.”

“Yeah.” said Horatio, “I think our cases are linked.”

-----------

Let me know what you think?