CSI LV.. The End.... just a oneshot.,. one chapter only!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by SaraSidle_girl, Apr 19, 2007.

1. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Allright.. this was written after the season 5 episode Mea Culpa....

Warning.. character death..

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Brass’ text message had been short but clear. 419. One of our own

Grissom entered the crime scene with care. Not entirely sure of what to expect he took every caution he could. He felt uncomfortable. He felt as if he had been at this appartment before. The address sounded stragely familair. Unexplainable butterflies had gathered in his stomach. He was nervous, suspicious. One of their own?

Brass waited for him at the front door which lead to the appartment. He looked serious. “Gil, it ain’t a pretty sight..”

Grissom wanted to answer that death never was a pretty sight but somehow he took back his words before even speaking them. He just nodded and looked around, searching for his CSI’s.

He spotted Greg and Sofia only a few meters behind Brass, down the hal.. That narrowed down the number of possibilities..

He had already recognised Warrick’s car down the street so it wasn’t him either.

A cellphone rang inside the appartment. It was annoying and irritating and he had heard it several times before this weak. A man’s voice answered, “Stokes”

So Nick was here too. Again, another possibility ruled out.

A blond woman came from one of the rooms in the appartment and joined Grissom and Brass waiting outside. Her eyes were wide open and she looked shocked. She took off her rubber gloves and shook her head.

“Catherine” Grissom said. All CSI’s were now accounted for. Except Sara.

Sara... Horrible scenario’s suddenly crossed his mind. She had always the one CSI he worried for. What the hell happened?

“Gil, I..” Catherine tried to speak but didn’t get any further. She was interupted by a brunette who came from the same room Catherine came from a minute ago and Grissom let his breath escape. Sara seemed fine. A little shocked, but fine.

“The blood’s everywhere” Sara stated and Grissom nodded in silence. He stepped inside and felt three sets of eyes bun in his back. Catherine, Sara and Brass watched his moved closely. He walked into the appartment further.

He could smell the iron. There had to be a lot of blood or else the smell wouldn’t be this strong. Slowely, he put down his kit and looked around the room, observering every detail.

Blood spatter on the wall, a pool of blood on the floor. The room seemed to be undisturbed. No sign of forced entry. No sign of struggle. Everything seemed to be in place. His eyes reached the couch and he frowned. He saw something.

Designershoes. Black designershoes, attached to feet that came from behind the couch. Obviously, the body was there.

“I see you found your way in” the voice of doctor Al Robbins came from behind him and Grissom turned around.

“You looked at him already?” he asked and Robbins nodded.

“Yeah. I was here before your guys got here. Cause of death is a gunshot wound to the head. Right temple, to be exact. Selfinflicted, looks like suicide. The bullit’s a through and through, he died instantly. Time of death.. about 5 hours ago.. I gotta get back to the morgue. More people died than just him!”

“Anything else?” Grissom informed before Robbins left but the coronor shook his head. He left the room and Grissom was now alone with the dead body behind the couch.

Carefully, Grissom walked around it and found himself confronted with the unpleasant sight of a suicide in which a gun was put against the side of the head. Blood everywhere and fragments of skull and brain scattered on the floor. They would have a lot of work collecting all the bits and pieces...

He didn’t really know what emotion fell over him. Not just sadness. Something else he couldn’t explain. Carefully, he kneeled beside the dead man on the floor to whom the designershoes belonged. In his right hand, he still held the gun.

Sadly, Grissom shook his head and looked up when he heard someone behind him.

Her eyes were dark and she had her hands in the pockets of her jeans. She raised one eyebrow and her voice dripped with sarcasm as she looked down on the body. “I wonder what he wanted.. try if he was bullit proove?”

Grissom looked from Sara to the body and back to her. “He failed..”

She pulled up her shoulders. “You know, I never expected this. I mean, he did a great job in ruining everybody else’s life. But his own...”

Grissom didn’t answer. It wasn’t like him to judge but Sara sure had her oppinion. And he knew every cop and CSI on this crime scene had one.

Sara looked at the dead body and than her eyes locked with Grissom’s. She spoke the final words before they started processing the scene.

“I guess this is the end of Conrad Ecklie..”

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Nice one...It is sad even though it's Ecklie but nice work :)

3. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

waouh no one has ever treated Ecklie's death ! it was really nice :D

4. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

hey i really enjoyed this thanks for posting :)

5. SaraSidle_girl

we all wanna kill the guy sometimes.. I most certainly do. And since the writers don't --- I will

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I read this earlier. Good job !

7. aimsavol

aimsavol Witness

Good job! I was so moved with emotion, and then, when I read the end...I hate to admit it, I laughed. *hanging head in shame*

8. SaraSidle_girl

I laughed while writing this :)