CSI LV : Hold On

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by eszmanda_luver, Nov 26, 2006.

1. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

All Rights: CBS

AN: Greg angst. Will have the whole team though. Maybe hints of GSR cuz its cannon. If I think of any other warnings or notes for the next chapters, I will warn you ahread of time. :)

Chapter 1:

The night had been surprisingly decent, unlike most of the previous nights. The case was a no-brainer in Greg’s opinion. It was the whole “cheating wife hacked by a jealous husband” case that Greg had seen many times in his few years of being a CSI. No crazy twists or weird suspects; just a breeze. And that was no problem. Sure, Greg enjoyed an interesting case here and there, but not 5 cases like that in a row.

Greg glided down the hallway to the layout room. He still had about two hours before shift ended, so he figured he would rest for a minute and then see if anyone needed an extra hand to help their day pass quicker.

He sat on the couch reading a magazine for a little while, got some needed coffee, and then made his way to the restroom. He had now wasted twenty minutes, and after his pit-stop would go check on everyone else.

He was washing his hands when someone walked up beside him. Greg nodded politely towards the stranger and continued washing his hands. The man also washed his hands, though he didn’t seem to be paying much attention because only a small portion of his hands were actually under the water. Greg then noticed that the man was looking at him quite often.

Greg got a paper towel, dried his hands, then turned off the facet. He was about to leave when the man tapped him on the shoulder.

“I‘m sorry sir, but would you mind telling me where the lab is?”

The man looked simply disheveled. He was a little taller than Greg, but much wider. He wasn’t fat though, and it wasn’t all muscle either; stalky was probably the best way to describe him.

“Which lab?”

The man kind of looked around nervously.

“Oh, I‘m not real sure. She jus said ‘go to the lab’, I don‘t remember her saying which one.”

He laughed nervously and looked back up at Greg.

“I‘m sorry about this. Just have a lot going on right now.”

Greg suddenly felt very sorry for the man, but he also wondered who would send this man to any of the labs.

“It‘s no problem, but who told you to come here in the first place?”

“Oh, um some lady in the front of the building. Um, yeah you uh, you work here?”

Greg wondered where this was going, but answered all the same.

“Yes sir, I do. Why don‘t I walk you back up the main desk and will go from there?”

Greg started towards the bathroom door, but the man grabbed his wrist and pulled him back. Greg spun around and faced the man with a very confused look painted on his face.

But confusion quickly turned into slight fear as the man he was now looking at looked completely different. His eyes had gone wild, beads of sweat were beginning to appear on his forehead and his breathing was much more rapid.

“Are you a CSI?” The man asked with piercing eyes that screamed hate.

Greg wasn’t really sure how he answered, but he must have nodded his head ever-so-slightly, apparently enough for the man standing before him.

The man reached inside his coat and pulled out a handgun and suddenly became very in control of the situation despite his previous behavior.

“That‘s real good,” a snarled through tightly clenched teeth. He pulled Greg deeper into the restroom, into a dark corner and brought the gun level with his eyes forcing Greg to flatten himself against the wall.

“Now, I want you to listen to me real good. I am going to take you out of this building, and to a place that you will be staying at until I either get what I want, or I don‘t, in which case you will be killed. I am going to put the gun back into my coat in a moment‘s time and we will causally walk out of here, you in front and we’ll be on our way. If you try anything, anything at all, I will shoot you.”

He moved his gun closer to Greg, who could now feel the cold tip of the weapon on his forehead.

“And if you try to let anyone know what is going on, I will shoot them, then you. Would you like to know why I would do that?”

Greg kept his gaze at the floor, and choose not to answer what he was hoping was a rhetorical question.

But the man continued to wait for a reply, and when it never came, he continued.

“I‘ll let it slip this time, but from now on kid, when I ask you a question you had better answer it.”
    Greg felt a wave of relief that the man let his mistake go, but suddenly felt scared again.

“I will shoot the other person because,” he paused and got right in Greg’s face, “I know it would hurt you more.”

Greg let this sink in and knew right away that the man was a hundred percent correct on that.

“Alright boy, you know the rules, act like nothing is any different.”

Greg wondered how the hell he would manage that when he knew he was being kidnapped. But there wasn’t any time to dwell over it anymore. He felt the man push him forward and saw him put the gun back into his coat along with his hand that stayed positioned on the gun, ready for anything.

Greg did his best to pull himself together as the bathroom door opened revealing a few people walking to their own destinations, completely oblivious as to what was going on here.

Greg felt as through he had been pushed onto a stage in front of hundreds of people with a horrible case of stage fright. But the crazy man with the gun pushed him out into the hall and Greg did the best he could.

They weren’t too far from the exit, but everything seemed to go in slow motion to Greg. This could possibly be his only chance to get help. He looked at the people passing him by, some of them he had seen for over seven years, but none of them noticed what was going on. And Greg didn’t dare try to tell them.

He finally decided that the chance of him getting help was little to nothing without getting someone shot. He hung his head slightly and stepped through the door and over the threshold and knew right then and there that he was walking into a nightmare.

As he was ushered into an SUV under a small tree in the back of the parking lot, he began to think about Nick. He wondered if this was how Nick felt when he was kidnapped. Greg figured it was something like this, and knew it was something completely different when Nick realized he was buried alive.

Greg grimaced at the thought.

He was now in the very back of the SUV with roped tied tightly around his wrists and ankles. He had lost track of where the man was and it was freaking him out. If the man was about to do something, Greg would like to see it coming.

He suddenly felt something cold being pressed against his face, covering his mouth and nose.
    He knew right away what it was and surprisingly he didn’t panic. Instead, he made lousy attempts to push the man away, all the while holding his breath. When his lungs were desperately begging for air and he simply could not deprive them any longer he pretended to pass out, sliding down the seat and landing with his eyes closed. The man took the cloth away from Greg’s face, much to his pleasure. He finally filled his lungs with air as normally as he could, though it was still pretty loud. But the man didn’t seem to notice and was already in the front seat of the car and pulling out of the parking lot.

Greg lied on the seat feeling slightly dizzy. He had breathed in a small amount of the chloroform and was feeling some effects but was ultimately able to stay awake.

The windows of the SUV were tinted but he could still see the colorful signs of the Vegas Strip. Not well, but it was better than nothing. He tried to visualize where he was simply by the quick glimpses of the things he saw. It wasn’t working too well but it was good enough.

He had been so wrapped up in knowing where he was that he had forgotten about his kidnapper. But Greg’s attention was refocused to the mad when he heard a cell phone being dialed.

“Ben? Yeah, its Don, I got ‘em… No, it‘s some kid, can‘t be much older than twenty something.”

Greg secretly felt good about the man’s comment because Greg was actually 31.

“Yeah, he‘s a little guy but he‘s still got muscles. Could potentially be a handful but we can handle him.”

Don laughed loudly and maliciously.

“Oh yeah, he‘s probably the little one of the group. Once they see some pictures and videos, they‘ll be eating out of our hands.”

Greg’s heart stopped. His fears had been confirmed. This guy, or apparently guys were not only going to torture him, but they were going to make the team see it all. His stomach did summersaults as he remembered watching Nick in the coffin. He remembered how it tore them all to pieces as Nick struggled and had such pain and fear covering his face.

Greg didn’t want his friends to have to see anything like that again. He told himself that he would do his very best to look as normal as he could when the pictures and videos were made. He knew he was only joking with himself because it was obvious that these men were going to inflict tons of pain on him and the chances of him looking even remotely decent were slim. But he would try none the less.

“Right. We ain‘t too far now. Kay, later.”

Greg heard Don put the cell phone down but didn’t think too much about it because he was still lost in his own thoughts.

But then he remembered something; his own cell phone. Of course, he didn’t want to try anything now because it hadn’t been long sense Don tried to put Greg out so it would be obvious that Greg faked it which would give probable cause to a double beating for faking it and the cell phone. So he decided to wait is out and hoped that wherever when they got to wherever they were going, Greg would be left alone long enough to get some help.

As if he had voiced his thoughts at loud for the world to hear, the SUV erupted in Greg’s ring tone “I Feel Like Making Love”.

Greg completely froze, unsure of whether to answer it, or to stay asleep.

But the decision was made for him when Don rapidly pulled off the side of the road and threw his arm to the back seat where Greg laid pretending to be unconscious. Don snatched up the phone.

“Hello?”

Back at the lab, Grissom’s eyes widened in confusion over the strange voice that answered Greg’s phone.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

ack please continue soon!

3. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Im going to try to update it soon, but i usually post over at fanfic but its not working so im trying to do that but i will write the next stuff :)

thanks for reading

4. labgeekluvr

labgeekluvr Lab Technician

Poor Greggo! This is really good so far. Looking forward to reading more.

5. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

No! Poor Greg. Can't wait for the next chapter. Greg's pretty smart though, holding his breath so he didn't get chloroformed, pretty clever! Unfortunately he probably won't get his cell phone back now.

6. ButterFlied92

ButterFlied92 Lab Technician

Oh my gosh, give me my Greggo back you big meanie! lol, oooh, I hope too horrible nothing happens.

7. CSIWillows

CSIWillows Rookie

Hey leggo my Greggo! lol! Can't wait for an update!