'CSI' Loses People's Choice Award To 'Castle'

CSI Files

Captain
As CSI Files previously reported, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation was one of the nominees in the “Favorite TV Crime Drama” category for the People’s Choice Awards 2012. Unfortunately for CSI fans, Castle took home the trophy.

More...

I disagreed with his win big time. I admit I did not vote for CSI, but what I voted for did not win either. (My votes went to Criminal Minds.) I think either CM or CSI should have won. I also have to say that many other awards went against what I voted for and seem to be geared towards a younger audience. I am almost 30 and I guess I go a little old school.

At least it was somewhat televised. Found the entire show a big mess last night, from the bad comedy down to the cringe-worthy musical performances. Not to mention I'm a little confused as to why they'd televised Favourite Cable Comedy for example, but not Favourite Network Drama (I bet they'd televise it if The Good Wife had won :rolleyes:).

Also could have done without the shameless product placement, 8 billion commercials, and pointless skits. :/

My only favourite parts were the intelligent acceptance speeches (a rarity last night) by Nathan Fillion, and Morgan Freeman.

I disagreed with his win big time. I admit I did not vote for CSI, but what I voted for did not win either. (My votes went to Criminal Minds.) I think either CM or CSI should have won. I also have to say that many other awards went against what I voted for and seem to be geared towards a younger audience. I am almost 30 and I guess I go a little old school.

Maybe only the "youngsters" did all the voting? :confused: But, let's be truthful here: did we really think CSI would win an award--a MAJOR award? When was the last time that happened? :rolleyes:

I didn't watch. :p Not a fan of Kaley Cuoco (I don't watch her show). I watched a couple previous broadcasts when Queen Latifah hosted.

Well, this was for 'Best Crime Drama', right? Even if its just a People's Choice Award, that's a major prize, regardless of who is giving it. Like I said previously, when was the last time CSI won a major award (acting/directing, not the technical/special effects jazz)?

Well, this was for 'Best Crime Drama', right? Even if its just a People's Choice Award, that's a major prize, regardless of who is giving it. Like I said previously, when was the last time CSI won a major award (acting/directing, not the technical/special effects jazz)?

Just last June CSI won the 'Golden Nymph' award at the Monte Carlo Television Festival. (I'm thinking Marg accepted via video but I'm not sure.)

Susan

Back