CSI Levels and Rank?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Cova, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cova

Cova Witness

I need help here guys and gals, I'm trying to figure out everyone's rank on the Vegas team to use for reference as far as authority goes, from what I have gathered:

Grissom - Lead CSI and in charge of Graveyard Shift
    Catherine - Backup for Grissom; has lesser or equal amount of power as second in command.

And if I remember correctly off hand, everyone save for Greg is a CSI Level Three, but I could be wrong.

But anyways, how exactly would all this work? What are the different limitations for say a CSI Level Two as opposed to someone who is a CSI Level Three? Also where would someone like Doc Robbins or Brass and Sofia fit into all this? Thanks in advance.

2. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

You got one right about Grissom, he is the leader of the graveyard shift.

Catherine, Warrick, Nick and Sara are level 3.

Greg is level 1, not 3. Greg is the only one don't carry gun, he is not allow too. I gues you have to be either level 2 or 3 to carry gun.

Doc. Robbins is a coroner.

Brass and Sofia is detective, they're police officer.

3. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I thought Greg chose not to carry a gun. Didn't he mention that to Hodges or someone once? I think in No Humans Involved.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Since this thread relates only to the Vegas show, I'll move it to that forum. :)

Moved to CSI Vegas forum :D

5. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Yes. Greg chose not to carry a gun.

6. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I didn't know that Greg chose not to carry a gun. I only watch it one times, so I can't remember much about the episode.

7. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Is Greg the only one of the team that doesn't carry a gun? I know Catherine, Gil, Nick and Warrick do, and after Ecklie's comment that Sara was a loose cannon with a gun, I assume she does too? Is that correct?

8. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I don't think that I have ever seen Grissom with a gun.

9. kathryn23

kathryn23 Dead on Arrival

In episode 1x16 "Who are you?" you can see him with a gun.

10. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

After Who are You, I've not seen Grissom carry a gun. I think he chooses not to. We did see at the end of one episode that he is a very good shot with the gun on the practice target

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Grissom carried a gun in, Season 1 "Who are you", Season 2 "Identity crisis" (at the end of the ep when he was checking out Pauls mom's house and finds paul in the tub). & Season 4 "Jackpot" (while in Jackpot Nevada and someone steals his kit and breaks his window).

12. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yes, I think they all carry guns apart from Greg. I always got the impression that they needed to be trained to carry a weapon rather than it being down to which level they are. In the pilot Holly Gribbs was on her first day and had a gun.

Sara unholstered her gun in season 3 'Play with Fire' when they went to the suspect's apartment which annoyed Brass. And Brass was annoyed with Grissom at the beginning of season 4 for 'going to serve a warrant without carrying a weapon' or something similar. To which Grissom replied that he wasn't a cop, therefore I assume there isn't a requirement to carry one. ;)

13. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Thanks so much for clearing everything up. I love[/b] Sanders and personally would love to see him with a gun!

14. Cova

Cova Witness

Well this went off topic fast. :lol: Though I do like useful tidbits of info like that. But anyways, back to my original question...how does the rank work? I'm really curious, someone please explain it to me. :confused:

15. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

i think that after they solve 100 cases they become a level 3. correct me if im wrong

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.